Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

35

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2234 words

0Unrated
Riley watched the monitors carefully. He had one of his minions setup the camera in Willow and Tara's new apartment while they were at the scooby meeting. And what he was seeing and hearing were things that he did not like.
His double, the real Riley Finn, watched him carefully. The real Riley was trying to figure out what this evil double of his was up to. And he was trying to figure out a way of escape.
"Damn!" Riley kept looking at the monitors. "They are more powerful than I realized. I had wanted to use them, especially the blonde with all those powers she's about to come into, but I think they are more of a threat to me now. I'm going to have to do something about that."
"What's the matter?" The real Riley asked. "Your evil plans not going exactly how you envisioned them?" There was a note of satisfaction in his voice.
Evil Riley turned quickly. "How dare you even speak to me. The only reason you yet live is because I just may need some information from you. I suggest that silence be your way of survival." He turned back to the monitors.
"Whatever." The real Riley kept watching his double. The mannerism were uncanny. But there were a couple that were different. He just hoped that Buffy would be able to see through him and come to the rescue.
Ethan walked in at that moment. "The witches are too powerful. I can sense them from here. Are we going to do something about those two?"
Riley turned from the monitors. "Yes, I believe it is time that we do rid ourselves of them. They have become a nuisance. Have one of the vampires attack them tonight. They will be going back to Giles' place. They still want answers. I don't want them telling the others about this new dream. It would be not good. Not good at all."
Willow held Tara tightly in her arms. The blonde witch was still visibly shaken by the past few days events. Not that she blamed her. There were now two distinct possibilities. One, Tara could turn into a demon that would eviscerate her without even thinking about it. Or, she would become this wonderful creature.
Suddenly, Willow had an idea. One that she was not sure if she liked or not. It would mean using more power than she had in a while. Well, besides the whole she saved Buffy and Giles without even thinking about it, spell.
She felt Tara sigh heavily. She could feel the pain and anguish that her girlfriend was in. It was something she really did not like feeling. Especially when she had the power to make all of it go away. Or, at the very least, some of it.
Willow gently kissed her girl on the cheek. "Tara, baby. I think I may be able to get some of the answers that we need. At least, I think I know how we can tell which dream is true. But it would require a lot of power. And the two of us working as one."
Tara sat straight up. She had a little bit of a worried look on her face. "I don't want you doing anything that might push you over the edge. We can deal with this, without magicks. I would rather not push you."
"I didn't say it would." Willow smiled at her. "But I didn't have to. You already knew." She sighed as she took Tara's hand in her own. "Listen. I know that you're scared. I'm scared too. We have two different possibilities now. One of the very good. One, well." She swallowed. "I know myself. That time that we spent in England is becoming so important. I've learned about the control. I'm hoping that you can trust me enough to believe me when I say that I can do this. With your help."
Tara smiled. "I do trust you. I trust you with my very life. If you say that you can handle it, than we should try. I can't stand not knowing what's going on."
"Thanks." Willow kissed her gently on the lips.
"For what?" Tara and Willow hovered inches away. They were waiting for another opportunity to kiss.
"For believing in me." Willow smiled. "I love you more than anything. And your belief in me is what gives me strength. It's what gives me my power. It's what gives me my control." Again, their lips were touching. Gently at first. Soon, it became more intense. Finally breathing a little heavily, Willow pulled back. "If we don't stop now, I'm not gonna be able to stop. And I want to know what's going on."
Tara nodded in agreement. She still could not help but wonder how she was so lucky. Willow had come into her life when she needed somebody the most. Their love for one another saved her. But for how long? Some things love just cannot save.
It was not long before the two were facing each other inside a protective circle. Candles were lit all around the room. It made Tara flash back to that night. The night that Willow had surprised her. Xander had setup the candles for her. They had just come from telling Willow's parents about their relationship. They had yet to be together. They had come close so many times. But evil kept rearing its ugly head. But they had taken the time that night.
Tara remember the soft kisses of Willow all over her body. She could feel her body next to her own. All those feelings came flooding back into her mind. She could remember the smell of the red head and the taste of her sweet kisses. That was the happiest night of her life. The night that she had gotten to show her everything how much she really loved her.
"Tara?" Willow tried to get her girlfriend's attention. She had the dreamiest look on her face. Willow closed her eyes. She let herself feel what Tara was. Now she knew why she was having trouble getting the blonde's attention. And soon, she became wrapped up in that night as well.
Before long, the spell had been forgotten. Both women knew that it was extremely important. But there was something else that was also important. The two of them together was so much more important. Feeling. Needing. Loving. Those were the things that the two so desperately needed. And they willingly gave to one another.
It was a few hours later. The candles had long ago burnt themselves out. Willow had her arms around Tara. And Tara had her head on her lover's chest.
"Guess we got kinda distracted, now didn't we?" Willow held her girlfriend even tighter. "I'm not complaining. It's been a while since we.."
"Really showed each other how much we love one another?" Tara smiled sweetly. "Things keep getting in the way."
"I say we change that." Willow kissed her girlfriend on the top of the head. "I say, no matter what is going one, we make time for one another. And I don't mean the us just being together time. I mean, the we get to make love 'cause that's what we really want and need and that's why we should take the time to show each other as often as we can."
Tara did not want to ruin the mood. But she had to say it. "We better treat each day like it is our last?"
Willow stiffened a little at the words. But she knew Tara was right. Not just because of the uncertainty of what kind of demon Tara was going to turn into. But just the everyday bad stuff that happens. And when you are best friends with the slayer, those things tend to get magnified.
The red head sighed. It was a sigh of contentment. "I think that's the only way to live. After all, look at how good I'm feeling right now. And all because we let ourselves remember. Remember the thing that made us happy. There will never be another first time for us. Not like that. But we can make every time just as special."
That is when the nasty old phone rang yet again. Very unwillingly, Willow got out of bed and answered it. "Hello?"
"Hey, Will." Buffy sounded really distracted. "I know that things are kinda happening right now. I mean, you and Tara are dealing with something major. But do you have a minute for an old friend?"
"What's going on, Buffy?" Willow turned and smiled at Tara. She knew that their alone time was definitely over now. "Of course I have time for you. I'll always have time for you."
"Well," Buffy hesitated. "It's Riley. He's seemed so different lately. And he's disappeared again. I've tried all the numbers he gave me. I just don't know what's going on with him."
"It's all right." Willow got a sad look on her face. "Do you want to come here? The apartment's plenty big enough that the two of us can talk alone. Or we can meet somewhere."
"Why don't we meet at the Espresso Pump." Buffy sighed. "You and Tara can both come. I just want to be out right now. And I need somebody to talk to. And you are my best friend. And Tara is becoming like one. So, please. In an hour."
"You got it Buffy. See you in an hour." Willow hung up the phone and turned to Tara. "Well, looks like we get to do the best friend thing. Buffy and Riley are having some problems. I'm not sure exactly what. We'll have to go and see."
Tara sat up in bed. "Me?" She looked up into those green eyes. "Buffy wants me to go too?"
Willow smiled. "You are her friend too. And becoming more so every day. She's the one that asked to make sure that you came along. Buffy knows a special person when she sees one. So do I."
Tara smiled shyly at her. The two quickly got dressed again and ready to go. The sun had just set. Willow put the usual holy water and stakes in her pocket. She did have the usual magicks at her disposal. But she did not want to have to use them unless she really had to.
They were still on the outskirts of town when they heard this growl coming from behind them. Both women turned at the same time. "Why did I know that we would have company?" Willow took Tara's hand in her own.
"Sorry to ruin your evening, ladies." A vampire that looked like he had just risen stepped into the little bit of moonlight. He looked like he had just risen because of the dirt still on his face. And Willow could recognize funeral clothes when she saw them. She had seen them too often.
"A newbie?" Willow asked. "When did you rise? Two seconds ago? Am I supposed to be scared of you?"
"Well, I am a vampire." There was another growl. The vamp started for the girls. Willow reached into her pocket and held the bottle of holy water in her hand at the ready to throw.
"Well, so am I." Spike yelled as he tackled the vampire to the ground. "But I've been around a bit longer than you have." The two vampires eyed each other for a moment. "You out for a stroll? Or did somebody send you."
"Do you really think I'm going to tell you anything? I know the consequences." The newbie stared at Spike. The two witches took several steps back to watch the fight unfold.
"That tells me that you bloody well are working for someone." Spike moved so fast that the other vampire had no time to react. He grabbed the vamp's arm and pulled it behind its back. "Now, be a good little vampire and I won't break every bone in your body. Who sent you? And was it after the girls?"
The vampire nodded. "Yeah. I was sent after the two." Spike eased up a little. "But I'm not going to tell you by who. You guys will just dust me. What this guy is capable." The newbie visibly shuddered at the thought.
"Girls. Could you oblige in helping me persuade mister not talkative into talking." Spike motioned to the holy water. "I'd ever be so grateful." Willow tossed him her bottle. "Now, I know what this does to a vampire. Remember, I am one. Which means I know all the little things that cause a vampire pain. Do we really want to have to go over this again?" Spike pulled the cork out with his teeth. When the vampire still refused to talk, he began pouring it into the vampires right eye.
There was burning and smoking, but the vampire kept his mouth quiet. "I'm not talking. You might as well stake me here and now."
"Very well." Spike plunged a stake into the vamp's heart through his back. He turned quickly towards the two witches. "Where the bloody hell have you two been. Buffy and the others have been trying to call you all day long."
"But Buffy just called us. She asked us to meet her at the Espresso Pump." She looked at Tara. "Or did she?"
Sign up to rate and review this story