Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Destiny

Chapter Twenty Two

by angellbaby28 1 review

Emily tries to fix things between her and Ryan

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-12-08 - Updated: 2006-12-08 - 756 words

0Unrated
Emily woke up early the next morning. She tried desperately to fall back to sleep, but soon realized that trying was completely pointless. She lay in Ryan's bed, which still smelled like him, and stared at the ceiling. With a heavy sigh, Emily decided to get up and get in the shower. Once she was clean and more awake, she decided that she was going to go back to the hospital and see Ryan. Hopefully, she would have a chance to talk to him alone. Emily pulled her hair into a pony tail and quickly wrote a note for the boys, telling her where she was. Fifteen minutes later, Emily arrived at the hospital, carrying a teddy bear and some fresh fruit. She quietly knocked on the door.

"Come in." Ryan said from the other side of the door. With a smile on her face, Emily softly pushed the door opened and was relieved to see that Ryan was alone. "Hi Emily..." He said quietly. Emily could sense anger in his voice.

"Hey you. I brought you some fruit. I know how gross hospital food can be." Emily said, forcing a smile as she handed him the bowl. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine." Ryan mumbled shortly. The room fell uncomfortably silent and the tension in the room could have been cut with a knife. "Why did you leave Emily?"

"Um because we wanted to go home and get clean and get some rest." Emily replied, knowing that was not what he meant. She knew that he was asking about why she had left a year ago and Emily wasn't too sure what she was going to tell him. "I'm sorry Ryan..."

"Did you cheat on me with Brendon?" Ryan demanded, looking her right in the eye. Emily quickly broke the intense stare and turned her head, unable to answer the question. "Emily, did you cheat on me with Brendon?" He asked again.

"I would hardly call it cheating... he kissed me and I told him that I was with you and that I loved you and I would never do anything to betray your trust." Emily explained. "Who told you that I cheated on you with him?"

"It doesn't matter." Ryan said coolly.

"Yes it does, because they need to hear the truth." Emily retorted.

"It doesn't matter because if it really meant nothing like you told me, you wouldn't have run away. You obviously had feelings for him, which is just so fucking typical." Ryan practically yelled. "Why did you bother coming back? Was it so you could get in Brendon's pants?"

"Are you insane? I told you that it meant nothing Ryan! I came back because I still love you and the thought of anything bad happening to you terrifies me! I ran because I was confused and had a lot of shit going on. I never meant to hurt you." Emily yelled, becoming very frustrated. Ryan laughed a little, which only upset Emily more.

"Well, if you haven't noticed, I've moved on. Becca is the best thing that has happened to me in a long time. Maybe you should take your own advice and move on." Ryan said calmly. "You should leave." Without saying anything, Emily grabbed her purse and angrily stormed out of the room. She was surprised to see Becca standing by the door, with a huge smile on her face.

"This is all your fault isn't it? You're the one who told him about Brendon kissing me, aren't you? You bitch!" Emily growled angrily, resisting the urge to knock her out right then and there.

"Well, yeah it was me. But at least now you won't be hanging around my boyfriend any more!" Becca said in a cheerful voice. "See you later Emily!" With that, Becca pushed passed her and went into the room. Emily sank to the floor and started to cry. A few minutes later, she felt someone pick her up and help her sit down on one of the chairs in the waiting room. She looked up and saw Brendon standing above her.

"What happened Emily?" He demanded, becoming concerned for her.

"Ryan basically told me that he wanted nothing to do with me anymore." Emily sobbed as the reality of what just happened hit her like a ton of bricks. She had finally managed to push the one person that she loved more than anything out of her life for good. Brendon didn't say anything as he pulled her into his chest and hugged her tightly.
Sign up to rate and review this story