Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

39

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2254 words

0Unrated
Willow quickly stood closer to her girlfriend. She could tell that the girl was instantly afraid and uncomfortable. This man who she called father was doing this to her. And the redhead did not like it one bit.
"D-Dad?" Tara repeated the solitary word that she had managed since he had arrived. Her head bowed in the way that was familiar to Willow. The way that she once did around all of her friends. It was like the blond was ashamed of who she is.
"Tara." A little smile came across the man's face. He slowly entered, keeping his gaze on his little girl. "We've been so worried about you. You do realize what is going to happen in just a couple weeks. And we are the only ones that can help you."
Tara straightened. "I-I don't t-think so." Her face grew red at the strain it seemed to take to stand up to her father. "I-I have f-friends that can help me."
Mr. Maclay turned his attention towards the redhead. "I know about you. I know that you two think you are in love. Don't you realize how wrong the two of you are? Her family is the only one that really cares for her. No one else."
Willow took Tara's hand in her own. "That's where you are very wrong. I'm so in love with your daughter that it hurts sometimes. But it also brings the biggest joy I've ever felt. No one makes me feel as good as she does. It's like I finally know how to live. And it's all because of your daughter. She makes me complete. And I won't give her up for anything."
"Even if it is to save your own life?" Mr. Maclay took several steps towards the two young women. "You really don't know what you are going to deal with. She hasn't told you, has she?"
"Actually, she has." Willow smiled proudly at her girlfriend. "It took some convincing that I would love her no matter what." Her gaze turned back to Tara's father. "I wonder where she gets the feeling that she is no good. That even if she weren't possibly becoming a horrible demon, that she is horrible herself." She let go of Tara's hand and stepped closer. "I think it's time that you leave. You and your family have hurt my girl enough. I will not let you keep hurting her. You even try to hurt her, ever again, and you'll have to deal with me."
"Am I supposed to be threatened by you?" The thin man took a step towards the redhead. "You have no business telling me what to do. You aren't family. You have no say in Tara's life."
"I am her life." There was a fire to Willow's green eyes. "I'm warning you right now. You had better back off." Suddenly, Willow could feel all of her power flood back into her. It knocked her to the ground. She looked over to see that Tara was also on the floor. A smile curled her lips. The power was exhilarating. "I suggest you leave. Before I lose control."
Mr. Maclay stared at the two girls. "What just happened? Why are you both on the floor? Are you two trying to pull something?"
Willow was the first to make it to her feet. She waved her hand in front of herself. There was this crackling of blue energy. Mr. Maclay took several steps back. "You never believed in the witchcraft stuff. And that very well could be your downfall. I'm again going to suggest that you leave. And you leave right now."
He was gone in two seconds. Willow turned back to Tara who had been quiet through all of the exchange. The redhead quickly made her way over to the blonde. "Willow? Do you feel it?"
"Yeah, I feel it." She had a sad look on her face. "It may not last long. There is something we are supposed to be hearing. But the sound is so weak." The redhead took the blond's hands in her own. Both closed their eyes and concentrated. "Ethan!"
Spike sat on the couch in Giles' apartment sipping a cup of warm pig's blood. He would so love to have human blood. The vampire eyed Buffy who was sitting next to Riley. Slayer blood would be the best for healing. But he was not about to ask her to make that kind of sacrifice. She had already done that for Angel. And she loved Angel. The girl hated him. He knew that.
The vampire tried to sit up. The pain was too much and a loud groan escaped from him. It was no use. It would still be a day or two before he could move without pain. And it would be even longer before he was in fighting shape again.
Buffy looked over at him, with a look of concern on her face. He smiled and took another drink of the blood. Usually, she would roll her eyes. This time, she only smiled back at him. And she inched a little further away from Riley.
That brought an even bigger smile on to his face. It was not because of him, he knew that. But still, seeing goldilocks not so comfortable around prince charming was a nice thought. But why?
He shook his head, trying to clear his thoughts. He really needed to stay focused. On what? All they knew about the bad guy was that they had either wanted Willow and Tara dead or working for them. And for some reason they had captured Captain America and had put a double in his place. And that they needed a powerful witch for some reason. But why? What exactly was going on. If he knew, he could help Buffy.
And since when did helping Buffy become such a good thing. The two were supposed to be mortal enemies. They were supposed to be fighting until the very end. But he would rather be kissing her and holding her in his arms.
Where did that thought come from? Spike took his gaze away from the blond. She had to be putting him under some kind of spell, right? That had to be the reason he was feeling like this.
A thought occurred to him. There was one thing that could help. It could help both Buffy and himself. If he was gonna be stuck with a chip that acted like a conscience, than why not? He could than have these feelings for her. And they wouldn't be wrong. They would be right.
But the cost was too high. He would have to wait until after the latest showdown with whatever the big bad was and whatever it had in mind for them. It could wait. But it would be torture until the time for the two of them to be together. Spike looked over at the slayer. 'Cause that's really what he wanted. He wanted the two of them to be together.
Buffy noticed that Spike kept looking at him. And she watched as he took a sip of the blood. It didn't even turn her stomach like it usually would. In fact, it was kinda cute. The fact that he was drinking out of a coffee mug that said, 'Kiss the Librarian' on it didn't help matters.
But he seemed different. Like he was genuinely trying to help her and the others. And for once, she felt that he was being honest with her.
She turned towards Riley. That was something she had not felt from him for a long time. She inched away from him. There was definitely a distance between the two of them. One that they would probably never be able to overcome.
Her gaze turned back to the vampire. She definitely was having warm fuzzy feelings towards him. But he did not have a soul. Even though things went badly with Angel, at least he had always had a soul. Spike had a chip. And that wasn't much. But she had to admit to herself that she had these fuzzy feelings. Could she ever act on them? That was so the question.
Evil Riley walked into the little cave that Ethan stayed in while he was trying to keep the blocking spell going. It did not surprise the evil cyborg that Amy still spun around in her little rat wheel.
It seemed that the man was incompetent. It had been a mistake to use the little weasel. But he had been so willing and he had that connection with the slayer and all of her friends. But it was becoming more and more clear that it was a mistake.
As soon as the little man was able to turn Amy back to human form, he would have to take care of the little man. And he would do it in a way so that the little man could not tell. After all, dead men tell no tales.
Ethan was looking more haggard than he had ever in his life. The fact that he kept looking around him, waiting for trouble to come, did not help matters. He knew that as soon as Riley found out about him being gone, he would be toast.
But Riley did not know that he had stopped the barrier. And he did not know that Ethan had sent the two witches a message. He just hoped that they would be able to understand it.
The sorcerer was through with what he and Riley were trying to pull. He had sought revenge and chaos. He had not wanted the whole world to end. After all, what good is doing chaos if there is no one around to be effected by it.
He had to admit that he had gotten in over his head. He should never have tried to pull off such a stunt. What Riley had in mind, well changed the plan into, was just too much for him. He had to try and find a way to stop it.
Willow and Tara now sat at the Espresso Pump. The last time they had been sent there, the two had been nearly killed. If Spike hadn't shown up, the two would have died. But they weren't being blocked magically this time.
In fact, both women felt more power than they had in their lives. It was both intoxicating and disturbing. Especially for Willow. Her control had been tentative at best before. And that was with what power she had. Even though it was strong, it was nothing like she was feeling now.
The two witches kept exchanging worried looks as they sat there waiting. What if this was all a trap again? What if the power was taken away as fast as it came? What would they do than? Buffy was in no real shape to fight. Spike could barely stand.
Willow took Tara's hand in her own. It was the simple act of wanting comfort. The two of them always held each other when they needed to feel all right. Although, a simple look between the two could work just as well. But Willow loved to feel the softness of the blond's skin on her own.
Both women stood quickly when they saw a familiar figure staggering towards them. It had been Ethan that had tried to contact them. And it had been the right place to come. So, the only question left, was this leading to a trap.
Ethan managed to stagger to the table and gingerly sit down. He saw the look on the two witches' faces and smiled. "I'm terribly sorry. I know that this is a terrible inconvenience. But I need your help."
Willow looked at Tara and than back at Ethan. "You need our help? Forgive me if this sounds kinda funny but I don't laugh."
Nodding, Ethan smiled at the two. "I know that I've pulled some nice chaos over the years. But this is different. We're talking the end of the world. And that's something I'm not comfortable with. After all, no world, how can I watch the fun of the chaos I create?"
The redhead turned towards her girlfriend. "He does have a point." She turned back to Ethan. "So you'd be willing to share whatever information it is that you have? Just so we can put a stop to all of this, whatever it is?"
"I would." Ethan leaned heavily against the table. "I'm afraid that you girls are going to have to help me a bit. I seem to be having trouble even sitting up at the moment." They looked at him in surprise. "I assume that you'd be taking me to see Rupert. He's still the big boss."
Willow nodded. "All right. We'll let Giles and the others decide if they think that this is a good idea." She and Tara both stood up. They both put their hands on his arm to help him to his feet. That's when Willow felt this surge. All these images came into her head. People being cut up. Demons being cut up. The parts being mixed and matched along with computer parts. It was like what they had feared that Adam was going to do. It made Willow's face grow really pale. She gasped, there was pain coming with the visions.
"Willow, are you all right?" Tara came to her girlfriend. "What's happening?" Willow's eyes went wide. And she simply collapsed to the ground.
Sign up to rate and review this story