Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

43

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2029 words

0Unrated
Now that Tara's birthday had passed, uneventfully, the gang was now focused on finding out about this evil Riley clone. They still had not much of an ideal where he was. The only thing that they knew for sure was what he was up to. Ethan's knowledge seemed to be rather limited.
"I've told you the cave where I was held captive." Ethan glared at Ripper. He usually liked these sparring matches with his old mate. But he had been asked the same questions over and over again. "I can't tell you something I don't know."
"We could always do a truth spell." Willow looked at Tara who nodded in agreement. "It wouldn't take much. We'd just need to get a few ingredients."
"No need for that, luv." Ethan smiled at the redhead. "I'm telling you all that I know. I swear."
"And your word is to always be trusted." Giles glared at the little sorcerer.
Willow quickly continued. She could see the look that Giles was giving to Ethan. It looked like he wanted to rip his arms off and shove them down his throat. "We could do the spell, just to make sure that he is telling the truth."
Giles continued to stare at Ethan. "I think that would be for the best." Finally, he broke his gaze away from Ethan and turned towards the two witches. "Will you two be all right?"
"Well, not dark out." Willow took Tara's hand in her own. "And we're not being blocked, at the moment. I'd say we're of the good. And the magic store is not that far away. We'll be careful. I promise."
"See that you are." Giles smiled at them.
With that, the two were out the door and on their way to the magic store. They held hands as they walked along. It just felt so good to be with one another. Neither really said anything. Both were just simply enjoying each other's company.
"Well, well." A familiar voice came from behind a corner, not far from the magic store. A familiar figure followed the voice. "Look at the two love birds."
"Amy!" Willow's grip on Tara's hand tightened considerably. The redhead noticed how there was sweat dried to the other girl's face, along with what looked like red dust. "You've looked better."
The former rat only shrugged. "Well, let's just say that being stuck as a rat for two years isn't necessarily that good for you." She stepped closer to the two witches. "And I have you to thank for that."
Willow only shrugged. "I've heard this all before, remember? Or did you forget about that little dream sequence you and your evil boss sent me through."
"That?" Amy laughed. "That was nothing compared to what he has in store for you." She took two more steps towards the witches. "You are in for a world of hurting, my dears."
Suddenly, Willow felt the world spinning around her. She tried to look at Tara, but her eyes would not focus on anything. She felt her hand slip from Tara's. She knew that was not of the good. Her mind raced with images. Images like the ones that she had seen when she had touched Ethan.
"No!" Willow tried to shout. But she could not even hear her own voice. She felt the sidewalk rush up beneath her. And everything was suddenly black.
***
"How long ago was it that they went on this simple mission?" Buffy was grilling Giles. It was now nearly midnight. And no one had heard or seen from Willow or Tara.
"I told you, they left at around ten this morning." Giles was about to beat the crap out of Ethan. "I'm sure that Ethan could give us a few answers. Maybe I should let my fists do the talking for us."
"Giles!" Her former watcher turned to look at her. "We need to stop playing games. Ethan said where the cave was that he was doing the dirty work of Evil Riley, so why don't we start there. I'll get Spike to back me up." She turned towards Xander and Anya. "Why don't the two of you check out all the places that Will and Tara would hang out. I know we've already tried, but I don't want to miss them."
"On it!" Xander bolted for the door, dragging Anya behind him.
"What about Riley?" Buffy was stopped in her tracks at Giles' question. She turned around to look at him. "Is something amiss between the two of you?"
"Not now, Giles." Buffy looked really sad. "I just don't think I can count on him. Not even now. To tell the truth, I don't even no where he is. And that makes me wonder. But not now. Willow and Tara are out there. Maybe they're all right. But until I find out, I'm not going to rest."
Before Giles could say anything, she was out the door. Giles turned back to Ethan. "Now that we're alone, shall we play at some old games?" The smile of The Ripper came across his face.
***
"If I knew where they were, do you think I'd be dragging you all over Sunnydale?" Buffy huffed. Spike was beginning to make things rather difficult. "We wouldn't be out her just searching if I knew where to find them."
"Don't know about that, slayer." Spike kept his ears and eyes alert. He kept getting the feeling that the two of them were being followed. Buffy shot him a glaring look. "Ease off. I was only kidding. I know how worried you are about red. And blondie seems to be in tight with the scoobies as well."
Buffy shook her head and sighed. In some ways, she was feeling very good at being so close to Spike. And yet, she knew that nothing could be between them. He is evil. Just another soulless vampire that just happens to have a chip in his brain. "I know who is behind this. And when if find that evil clone thingy, I'm going to rip him to shreds."
Spike shook his head. "I remember what the four of you had to do when you faced off against Adam. And this Riley clone is a lot like the frankenstein monster. What makes you think you'll be able to take him by yourself?"
"Well, I do have you." Buffy blushed for some reason at the statement. She quickly shook it off. "And if we can find Willow and Tara, we'd have the magicks to back us up. Damn!"
"What is it now?" Spike stopped and looked at the blond slayer. "What has gotten into you?"
"You aren't very observant for a vampire." She shook her head and pointed ahead of them. Standing in front of them was a group of ten vampires. "Looks like somebody wants to play."
Spike smiled big. "Haven't had a good spot of violence in a while. Was too cooped up with the bones mending thing. But I'm just fine now."
Buffy casually stepped towards the group of vampires. "So, who sent you and why?"
"The boss." The lead vampire smiled. "He wants us to make sure you don't get any ideas about finding the witches. So, is it time to play?"
"Way past time." Buffy launched herself at the lead vampire so fast that he did not have time to react. Instead, he was dust. "Well now. That wasn't much fun." She eyed the rest of the vampires. "Spike? Care to join in?"
"It'd be my pleasure, mi lady." The two glanced at each other. The words were just too weird between them. But the fight began forming a distraction.
Buffy was circled by four of the remaining vamps while Spike took on the remaining five. There were kicks and blows and staking and all sorts of fun. It didn't take long for the slayer and her vampire compatriot to dust the evil little things.
After catching her breath, the slayer took in her surroundings. They were really close to the caves that Ethan had described. "Looks like someone didn't want us to find the place. But here we are." The two warriors made their way into the cave.
**
Willow felt like her head was going to explode. She blinked carefully and looked around her. Tara was still unconscious. And chained to the wall directly across from her. This was all so familiar somehow.
The redhead sighed as she tried taking in her surroundings. But there was nothing she could really see other than cave walls surrounding her. And of course, her girlfriend way out of reach.
She pulled at her hands, but they were quite safely chained to the wall. Not that she needed hands if she were to do a spell to release her from the chains. Focusing everything she hand on the chains, she tried to get free.
There was just nothingness. She looked deep inside of herself. And there was nothing. Damn it! She was being blocked again. And that was pissing her off big time. Especially since Tara was so far away.
A familiar voice rang in her head. "You know, if you'd only been able to turn me back human before this, we probably wouldn't be on opposite sides."
Willow felt a coldness run up and down her spine. It had to be some kind of spell that Amy was doing to her. Again, she was getting rather angry. Tara's eyes fluttered open at that moment. The redhead tried to say something, but her mouth would not move. It got really frustrating.
Another familiar voice came into her head. "Don't try to talk, sweetie." Willow looked over at a smiling Tara. "They may be able to take away our magicks, but they'll never take away the connection that the two of us have with one another."
"That's for sure." Willow smiled back at the blond witch. Even though they could not physically be touching or even talking to one another, they had this connection. They had from the very first moment that they shook hands. "No one can break us apart."
"Want to bet on that one?" A figure came out of the shadows. The look of surprise on the witches' faces was priceless. "Yes, I have the talent to sometime read minds." (ER is gonna indicate Evil Riley from now one). ER walked out into the middle of the cave where the two lovers could see him. "It comes in handy."
Willow shook her head. She was able to find her voice. "And exactly what do you want with us now? Before, you wanted us to help you magickally make all of your demon guys. What about now?"
ER laughed. "Do you think I will let my plans for the two of you escape? That would not be very smart of me." He looked at the redhead. "But I forget how you are used to dealing with the not so smart villains. Way too easy for you to defeat."
"Easy?" Willow looked at him. "Do you call defeating your twin easy?"
ER shrugged. "To a degree, yes. He had a weakness. I do not. My power core is not that easy to disengage. And the only thing that can truly defeat me is..."
Willow rolled her eyes. But she already pretty much knew the answer to that one. Not that this evil thing would tell her if she were right. No. But it made total sense to her. All she had to do was get herself free. And of course, she could not leave Tara here. The two would be needed. But how to get away when they could not touch and when there was no magick for either of them to call upon.
"You will never be able to act upon that little plan of yours, little witch." ER walked over to her and looked her in the eyed. "You and your lover are not going anywhere."
"I'd like to say that they are." ER turned to see Buffy. Spike was standing on her left side. "Party is just beginning, from what I can tell. Why would anyone want to leave?"
Sign up to rate and review this story