Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Misconceptions of a hero

AiShiteru

by InuKag 0 reviews

Inu/Kag .... Mirok/Sang .... Things don't always go the way you plan them too... and sometimes... people aren't what they seem. If they aren't too careful, feelings could get inthe way of victory.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Humor, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Kikyo, Kirara, Koga, Miroku, Naraku, Rin, Sango, Sesshoumaru, Shippo - Warnings: [!!!] [X] [Y] - Published: 2006-12-09 - Updated: 2006-12-10 - 1856 words

0Unrated
Inuyasha wouldn't let any of the others enter the hut as Kaede helped him tend to Kagome's wounds. Shippou was hurt, but he understood that he needed to do as he was asked; even if he hadn't a clue what was happening to Kagome. She still hadn't opened her eyes to gaze upon him and he was growing increasingly worried.

"Kaede you old hag what is going on! Is she going to be alright? Is Kagome going to be okay?" Kaede let out a sigh, unintentionally making his stance slightly tenser.

"Inuyasha there is a great amount of blood, I am going to need you to please... please go and wait outside with the others as I further examine her." Her face was stern and held great concern.

"Why can't I just stay Kaede? I could... I could help?" He was trying to hide tears, but Kaede saw through it and sighed again.

"Iie Inuyasha, ye must wait outside... I do not think that she would want you here for the type of examinations I will have to perform on her; it's not something that friends should be bearing witness to..." He blushed deeply when Kaede called him Kagome's friend. She was probably the only one besides the runt who didn't know, and Inuyasha figured that on some level he knew that they had gone past the point of friendship. He bowed his head respectfully and glanced over at his pale faced lover once more before leaving. I love you Kagome... please don't die on me now...


~*~

Sango was fidgeting beside Miroku, nervously glaring into the fire. They were all silent in anticipation of news on Kagome. Inuyasha sat at the base of a tree deep in thought. They all knew what was on his mind. Everyone knew that he was beating himself up inside at the truth that he could very well lose them both. Miroku grabbed Sango's hands bringing her out of her daze. She laid her head on his shoulder and squeezed his hand tightly; their eyes were closed and they prayed silently for their fading friend.

Four hours passed before Kaede walked out of the hut. Nightfall had been rapidly falling and the moon brightly shone in the clear darkening sky above. Inuyasha had started to pace in front of the fire, but when he spotted the old Miko he raced to her side. Her face was surly and had a hint of confusion. Everyone else at the camp site looked up upon her arrival, questions in their eyes.

"Kagome has lost a lot of blood, but she should be fine with some sleep and proper herbs... there is however just one thing that puzzled me throughout the duration of my examinations," She turned to Inuyasha who's eyes were very wide. "Inuyasha, may I please speak with ye privately?" He knew it was more of a demand than a request so he followed her back to the hut where Kagome was now sleeping. Inuyasha began to get uneasy at her posture, he had a feeling of what her inquisition was, but he was terrified to know if his child had survived or not.

"Nani...? What is it Kaede?" Inuyasha managed to choke out.

"Inuyasha, do you know what it means to be a virgin?" He uttered a small 'yes' and looked down blushing. "Well, in women the hymen is a major part of being a maiden however... there are other things that could break the hymen... but it doesn't mean that they have lost their virginity. I can see how her hymen may have come to be broken, what with all the fighting and such, but there is tearing and bruising along the walls of her cervix as well." Inuyasha's face shot up quickly to examine her expression; his own filled with fear and genuine concern. Looking down again he closed his eyes tightly at the thought that had crossed his mind.

"Did I hurt her?" It was barely a whisper but still heard nonetheless.

"Just as I suspected," She let out a long sigh and brought her hand to the hanyou's chin, forcing his saddened gaze to her. "No dear child, ye did not bring her harm, it is normal. So I assume that it is safe to say that you were aware of her expectancy as well?" He simply nodded.

"Kaede is... is our... I mean is she still..." he stammered out, unable to find his words. She dropped her hand from his face and slowly, sadly, looked down at the dirt below her feet. Inuyasha couldn't control the emotions that overtook him, she didn't even have to say a word; her reaction to his half assed question said it all. He felt the tears swell up painfully, threatening in his eyes but as if in a state of shock, the refused to fall.

"Inuyasha, the dagger pierced some of her most vital life giving organs and because of that there was a large amount of bleeding... the hemorrhage, and the weapon... Inuyasha there was nothing I could do. Since she was no more than about a week or so along, there was no way that the child could have lived with the massive amount of blood Kagome lost." Inuyasha fell to his knees. He should have been embarrassed that Kaede, that anyone was witnessing this moment of weakness... but it mattered not. She kneeled beside the shaking hanyou as he covered his face and cried. After a few moments, he collected himself and wiped his tears. Inuyasha helped the old women to her feet and muttered an apology for being such a weakling. She smiled.

"Tis fine child. Do not apologize for the softer part of your heart; it is not a bad thing that you must be ashamed of. It is what makes you who you are; it is what drives you to love that beautiful girl over there..." Inuyasha's gaze drifted over to Kagome. She still looked paler than he had ever seen before, and she didn't seem to be resting peacefully. She was moaning quietly in agony as she gently tossed in frustration.

"Inu...Inuyasha... I need you Inu..." His heart felt clenched at the sound of pain in her plea for his presence.

"Inuyasha," Kaede came up behind him and laid her hand on his broad shoulder. Her voice became a whisper. "It is what makes that woman call out your name, and no one else's. It is what makes her love you with everything inside her soul." With that Kaede made her way to the doorway of the hut. When she reached the flap she turned slightly. "I will leave the two of you alone, Inuyasha comfort your love." Inuyasha couldn't help but blush at her term of endearment, but he rushed to Kagome's side. Again she mumbled.

"Where ... are you... Inu... ya... sha...?" Her voice sounded strangled and desperate. He grabbed her hand and placed a kiss on her palm.

"Shhh, Kagome I'm here... right by your side... please wake up Anata. I need you to wake up and be here with me." Slowly her eyes began to flutter open and her vision came into cloudy focus.

"Ih... Ihnuyassha...? Is that you? Where are you?" She cried, her body starting to squirm in agony, searching for him. Inuyasha brought himself to rest beside her on the makeshift mattress coddling her neck with his nose. His hand reached over to her cheek and brought her face sideways to gaze into his own. Placing a soft kiss on her temple, he whispered in her ear.

"I'm here my dearest, right beside you." He watched as she painfully tried to pull her arms around his neck and bring him closer; but he backed away. That was more upsetting than the hurt coursing through her body, and only made her weep harder. Inuyasha wrapped his arms around her.

"Anata, do not try to move... I'll hold you if you promise not to move okay?" She sniffled and held her tears back as he kissed at the ones that stained her insipid cheeks. "AiShiteru... I'm here... Just rest Kagome." Slowly he stroked her hair, lately that seemed to help her fall asleep when she was stressed. He didn't mind though, he loved the feel of her in his arms. Before long he could feel her body calm as she fell into a soundless sleep. He let out a deep sigh of relief that she was still breathing beside him. Trying his hardest to be strong about the loss of their baby, but he couldn't cry in front of her about it and he knew that. Somehow, he knew he needed to be strong for the both of them, he needed to figure out how to tell her... and it had to be him who did so. A tear slid from the corner of his eye as he lightly, as not to hurt her, embraced the broken woman lying beside him. Soon he fell into sleep as well. Only there was no peace, just worry and heartache. This time, however, it was a different type of heartache... it was a loss that he had never felt before... but his only real concern and instinct was to protect her. She was his everything... his intended, and he would do anything to protect her.

~*~

She was running through the forest frightened. She looked behind her, but there was nothing chasing her however, she knew that if she stopped she would be killed. Suddenly as if from no where there was a creature standing before her, sporting his malice and hate he gripped her throat.

"Priesstessss" It hissed in her face as it lowered her to the ground. She was starting to black out when she saw a figure in red attack the horrible creature, sending it to hell where it belonged. Kagome felt the chill of the night air deep in her bones. She was so cold, but couldn't find warmth no matter what she tried. She tried to sink deep into the bark of the old god tree as the figure of crimson haze came nearer her frame. She tried to struggle as the shadow embraced her. Suddenly, she felt warmth spread throughout her body; snuggling closer. The shadow, whom she now knew to be a man, hugged her close; as if afraid to let her go. There was love in his embrace, but sadness in his stance. This made her tears fall as she buried her head in his chest. In almost a distant whisper he spoke.

"Shhh Kagome I'm here... right by your side... please wake up Anata. I need you to wake up and be here with me" She didn't understand what he meant by wake up, but she was comforted by his words. At last she started to drift to sleep. "AiShiteru... I'm here... Just rest Kagome." /He whispered... /



okay so here's the deal... I uh,realized that two of my chapters were missing... for who knows why but... this and the next chapter SHOULD help to fill in the blanks... yeah.. stupid me... my mistake.
Sign up to rate and review this story