Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > If Only

Important Words

by IWCT 0 reviews

Consider the butterfly. What you say does matter.

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Shino - Published: 2006-12-09 - Updated: 2006-12-10 - 325 words

0Unrated
Author's note: Just some drabbles I started up. I'll try to remember all of the characters that I mess around with for a few hundred words or less. I'm sure the legal staff at Shonen JUMP and TV Tokyo won't mind unduely.

First up is Shino. I've always worried about including him in a fic, just because I haven't been certain if I could get him in character (since he doesn't say much it's hard to determine what that character is). After doing this drabble, though, I have done a complete 180, and decided he's probably the easiest character in Naruto for me to write.

~ ~ ~

He wonders why everyone else finds talking so easy, as if words are free and mean nothing. Each communication should say something important, he feels. Whether is says something that is knowledge needed by the group, or the words help express to others who you are deep inside, words should mean something important.

Consider the butterfly. When it communicates, it tells others of a bird's danger, or a sweet flower. The butterfly does not yell and run around, encouraging a hyperactive puppy to spray urine all over the place. The butterfly does not fail to communicate when it needs something. The flapping of wings in the spider's web, the display of wings for a prospective mate-when a butterfly needs or wants something, the butterfly makes it known. Instead of stuttering, or acting ashamed of having her own opinions, or thoughts.

He wonders, however, if he might have missed something. He is good at observing the smallest of details. Yet, something seems to have escaped him. It is as if everyone else has received the pamphlet that tells them the rules of interacting, and he never did. He doesn't understand the point of talking when there is nothing to say that would be of any value.

Perhaps that is why he is called inhuman, when people think that he cannot hear them.
Sign up to rate and review this story