Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Choices of Life

80

by strange1 0 reviews

Willow faces a lot of choices. It all starts with what college she wants to go to. Plus, she and Oz haven't been clicking. And as she finds out, the older you get, the more choices there are. Alter...

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Anya, Buffy, Giles, Joyce Summers, Tara, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2785 words

0Unrated
Drusilla had everything where and how she wanted it. Well, she didn't have the babies that were so important. But they were now not the most important part of the plan that she had developed. So many things had changed that she had to make changes just to keep it doable. But Spike being in the fold was the biggest plus. One that she never would have counted on.
She watched as the vampire with a soul dealt out a bit of torture to the two slayers that hung on the wall of the cave. They were not looking the best at them moment. But they still had the power that she so needed. Bringing for the old ones back to the earth was not something that one did very easily.
Power was the key to it. And she had just about enough power now. She had been using so much power from Anya that she had to let her recharge before she did the final stage of the spell. That would be to simultaneously drain the two witches, the slayers, and Anya. If only she had the babies then there would be no doubt in her mind that the spell would be a success.
A great deal of her minions were still out looking for the babies. She knew that Ethan had manage to take them from their mothers. And it was what had caused Willow to turn to the dark side of the magicks. It was delightful to see that she was now on the side of darkness. But she also knew that she wasn't your typical evil being.
No. There wouldn't be destruction and mayhem like there would be with an evil demon. She had a rhyme and a reason to everything that she did. And her reason for existing at the moment was the fact that her babies were in danger and in the clutches of Ethan. That was one that she had never seen coming.
And she had been very good at sensing the future. Even before Angel had turned her into a vampire, those visions of the future had driven her nearly insane. Nearly? She had to admit that she was quite insane at times. And Angel posing as a priest and telling her that she would be damned forever because of these hellish visions hadn't helped much.
That would be her first thing on her list of revenge. She knew that when the old ones would come that she would no longer be the one in power. But because she had been the one to return them to the place that they had ruled over for so long, they would be eternally grateful. And she would take full revenge on Angel for all that he had put her through. Though becoming a vampire had set her free.
Sighing heavily, she knew that she must stay focused on the now. What was going to happen in the near future might be tantalizing, but it wasn't what was happening now. And this was now the critical moment of what was to come. She nearly was drooling at the thought of the carnage that was soon to be unleashed upon the earth.
Spike was still doing his thing. The two witches were being kept well sedated so that they could not use their powers against her. They would be kept like that till it was time. And time was so near. If only.
Drusilla shook her head. One could not think about the ifs in life. One had to deal with the present and how that would affect the future. A future that was now in question for all the humans that were on earth.
"We've found them!" A rather vile looking vampire came towards Drusilla. He instantly bowed down to her. "The babies. We know where they are. But Ethan has quite the protection spell. But we will keep trying. I just wanted you to know."
"Go! Keep at it then." Drusilla began to sway back and forth. Could it be? Could she actually be getting the one thing that she had always wanted?

Spike kept looking at Drusilla. She had to be buying it. She just had to be. If she discovered that he was still the good man that he had fought so hard to become, then she would tie him to the nearest rooftop and let the rays of the sun do the torture thing for her. It wouldn't be the most pleasant ways for a vampire to go.
So he poked and he prodded at the two slayers. He kept the vampire face and kept that evil laughter that his evil alter ego had become so good at. But inside, even though he knew it was for good, it was driving him insane even causing the two slayers any pain. Especially Buffy. Even though there was no doubt that this Buffy was different, she was still her and he loved her with his entire soul and always would.
Finally, when Drusilla was distracted by whatever the minion had said, her turned back to the slayers his vampire features gone. "Hey there you two."
"Eat dust and die." Buffy glared at him. He had ungagged her and she was still trying to figure out why. She could now scream her head off and get Drusilla's attention. Or perhaps Willow and Tara. "Or better yet, just go play in the sun."
"Look, I'll keep this brief." Spike glanced back at Drusilla who was now doing some kind of insane dance. "I was just trying to get in good with the insane one over there. Look here. I still do have a soul. And the bloody chip in my head. So, I'm a good vampire and can be trusted."
"Yeah right." Faith glared at Spike. "Then why have you been doing all the pokey proddy and stuff without you chip going off? Some of that hurt like a mother I'll have you know. And I've felt a lot of pain since I've become a slayer."
"Because I didn't intend to really harm you." Spike sighed heavily. "If I'd really wanted to hurt you, I would have been screaming in pain. Dru somehow has forgotten that I hope. Look here." The vampire took the time to undo the restraints that held them fast. "Keep up like you are still chained to the wall. When I say the word, you'll need to act fast."
Buffy rubbed her wrists before putting them back up to make it look as if she was still chained to the wall. "All right. I still don't trust you as far as Giles could throw you though. I'm gonna keep my eye on you."
"Wonderful." Spike sighed again. "You do that. You bloody well do that. You'll be surprised I'm sure to see that I'm a changed vampire. That I really do rely on my soul. I wasn't the greatest of people before I became a vampire contrary to popular belief. But I have changed. Even a vampire can change."
"Whatever." Buffy turned her head away. "Just keep an eye out."
Faith looked over at this Buffy. There was still so much anger inside of her. And she knew what that kind of anger could lead to. It had lead her to doing some pretty stupid things. Even trying to kill the ones that had just been there to help her. When they got out of this she would sit down and have a nice chat with the slayer.
Faith then eyed Spike. She knew that people could change. Even demons without souls could change. She was a prime example of that. Granted, she was never totally evil. She had killed the deputy major by accident. And to this day she regretted taking that man's life. It had been the hardest thing to do. Killing those vampires and demons for the mayor was no big. Though she did regret killing the one that had just been trying to make a porfit.
Change. Yeah. People could change. If they really wanted to. And if they had a big enough reason. Her reason had been because of all her friends and how much they cared. She hadn't even realized that she had friends and that hey had cared so much. And she knew why Spike had changed. For the love of a slayer.

Willow could feel her mind drifting. She knew that she wasn't awake. The drugs were flowing throughout her entire body. Ever since she had allowed the dark magicks to take hold, she was even more aware of her body and the little things that went on inside and outside of it. She was aware of everything.
She was aware that Tara was hanging beside her. That she too was being kept in this constant sleeping condition. And she knew that the slayers were being well guarded by Spike. That much she could sense. But there wasn't much else that she could sense anymore. Everything was within herself.
And what was going on inside of herself was something that she didn't care for if she were truthful with herself. For there was a time when she had prided herself on control. The ability to look at the dark side and to be able to refuse the ever so strong pull that it always had. Would always have over people.
She could best relate it to someone that had taken drugs. There was this pull. There would always be this pull to want to do the drugs. To feel that good. Even if there was that down side afterwards. That one felt like they were going to die. It didn't matter. The good outweighed the bad. And it was the same for her.
The good was the unfeeling state that she was in. She really didn't care about anything. She felt numb. Even her feelings for Tara were not there. She knew deep down that she loved her with all her heart and soul. But she couldn't feel it. And the babies at the moment were more like property to her. Again, she knew that she loved them and would once have done anything for them but now, there was nothing but greed. The need to have all that belonged to her.
A picture of Tara flashed in her mind. If she had a need to have all that belonged to her wouldn't that also include Tara? For long ago they had pledged themselves to one another. That they had become one. That their hearts beat as one. So wouldn't she along with wanting her babies also want Tara?
That brought a smile to the face of the sleeping witch. She hadn't really realized it until that point but truly she had been alone. And alone was something she hated. She had felt alone for all those years. Even with Xander as her best friend, Buffy as a good friend, and later Oz by her side, it just wasn't the same thing.
She had never felt that she had belonged or that she was truly needed. Yeah, her computer skills had come in handy more then once. And her slowly growing magickal abilities also had saved the day more then one time. But was there really a use for the young redhead?
Not till Tara had come along. Even the evil persona that she had become had to realize and admit that. That without Tara, she was nothing. That the two were just a package deal. That they needed one another more then anything else in the world. And they had their two little ones to look after as well.
With this realization, Willow could feel the dark powers draining from her. Just realizing that she needed Tara was the big difference. That would always be the difference. But she also thought of something else. Ethan. And how he had stolen her babies. And she knew that before she returned to good, he would have to pay.
And pay he would. In the most agonizing way that she could come up with. He maybe her father, but that didn't give him the right to do what he did. Not without letting them know first. He could have easily endangered her babies. And therefore, he endangered himself.

Tara let her mind go free. She needed to keep it clear for what was to come. She knew that there would be a big battle ahead. The moment that she suggested that they take the fight to Drusilla, she knew that there would be big consequences. She only hoped that her children would be all right. They were what concerned her.
That and the fact that the one that she loved more then anything was going through something she never thought she would. She had always been the stronger power wise of the two. And she herself had been the one with the knowledge and the control. And they had shared both their powers and control.
Now, she was shutoff for the most part. The only thing she could truly sense from the woman that she loved hanging next to her was conflict. A great deal of conflict. It appeared that there was quite a pull from the dark side. But there also seemed to be the reminders. Reminders of their life and how good it had only a short time ago been.
The blond knew that things weren't that easy. Some would say fight it. To just let yourself be strong and fight it with everything that you had. But she herself knew that wasn't that easy. She had once been tempted to turn to those dark forces herself.
It was a time when her father had not only mentally abused her, but also physically abused her as well. It was just after her mother had died and there wasn't anyone left to stand up for her. Donny was just as bad. And all the rest of her family had long ago turned their backs on her. And of course, there were the tales that she would some day become an evil demon.
It had all lead her to wonder. What if. What if she just let herself go. What if she gave into those forces that seemed to be so easy to pull you in. What if she just did what everyone else seemed to do. The easy thing.
But no. That was not her way. And she knew that her mother would have been so disappointed in her if she had let go. That was the thing about Willow letting go. Why hadn't her love and the babies been enough to keep her from losing that control? Shouldn't that had been enough to keep her from that dark side.
Or maybe Tara didn't know what Willow was going through. Maybe there was more to it then what seemed to be. Maybe Willow was still struggling. After all, she had spared the man's life. And she had calmed a bit in trying to extract revenge from Ethan. Or was that a cover?
Once, she knew exactly what Willow was thinking, saying, doing. But now, she had no clue. Not really. It was as if Willow had hidden the real her from the world. And this new person was there to keep them from finding the good one inside. It was like the old person was being held hostage and she somehow would have to find the right ransom to set her free.
And she would do that. She would never give up on Willow. Even if the woman she loved went as far as to harm or even kill someone, she would not give up on her. For one reason and one reason only. She knew that Willow was only in partial control at the moment. And she would help her find that control again.
A thought shimmered into her hazy mind. How far would Willow go in getting revenge? Would she really try and kill Ethan? Would Tara be able to stop her? These were chilling thoughts indeed. For as much as she loved Willow and would always have faith in her, it would be nearly impossible to bring her back from such an act.
And that's when she felt it. There wasn't conflict within Willow anymore. There was pure hatred. And she knew who it was directed at. And she knew that the woman she loved would act on those feelings of pure hatred. All Tara could do was say a prayer that the Goddess Hecatae would watch over the woman that she loved. And help her to fight those feelings. If not, heaven help Ethan Rayne.
Sign up to rate and review this story