Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > What Really Matters

Chapter 2

by The_Wingless_Raven 2 reviews

Roughly three years after Bakura's passing...

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: Marik Ishtar, Ryou Bakura - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-12-11 - Updated: 2006-12-11 - 331 words

0Unrated
Note: Originally supposed to be a one-shot, this fic is now being continued upon special request of my friend Ryou VeRua. This Chapter takes place roughly three years after the first chapter, and is more or less a drabble chapter.

Chapter 2:

A fancy breakfast was laid out across a small table. A pot of expensive tea sat on it's lit candle to stay warm. Recently dirtied dishes were glistening and clean in the drying rack. A sweet little note ending in "I love you" sat next to a plate of small homemade pastries.

As usual, the young man whom all of this splendor was for was still sleeping soundly by himself under the soft, warm blankets on the queen-sized bed he shared with his lover. This was how every day began: Marik would wake up early to make a nice breakfast for Ryou and to clean up the apartment before heading off to work while Ryou slept in.

Marik had taken a second job in order to afford a better life style for Ryou. It had been quite a while since Bakura's passing, almost three years to be exact, and Ryou was finally getting back into the swing of things. Marik wanted Ryou to have what he deserved, while helping him deal with the minor, everyday things he'd been sheltered from for the last three years.

He didn't mind it, he treasured his snowy angel more than anything else. Before, he might've never thought it possible that he could ever love anyone as much as he had loved Bakura, but he found himself loving Ryou more and more with each passing day.

A pale nose twitched, the lovely smalls waking him. Soft brown eyes opened and looked around the small apartment, only to see yet another feast set out for him. A lazy grin crept across his lips as he sluggishly pushed back the warm covers.

After eating and tidying up the apartment, he set out for the Domino City Museum.
Sign up to rate and review this story