Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Ordinary Lives

10

by strange1 0 reviews

AU No hellmouth, slayer, witches. The gang are ordinary high school students. Some have grown up together. Others are new to Sunnydale. What kind of adventures will the gang have?

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Angel, Anya, Buffy, Cordelia, Faith, Giles, Jenny Calendar, Joyce Summers, Oz, Spike, Tara, Wesley, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2901 words

0Unrated
Willow's entry

Dearest Diary,

You will not believe what happened to me today. I'm still having trouble believing it. I went to the dance because Faith basically forced me to go and oh my god! I was literally so bored out of my mind. Faith was busy with Oz a majority of the night. And Xander was with Anya and Buffy had Spike. Even my uncle had his own date. I was all alone.
I was about to leave when Faith kept stalling me. Oz and his band had started playing again so I just thought that she was feeling sorry for me or was beyond bored herself. But instead, she was keeping me at the dance. And for a very good reason.
Tara showed up! And not only that, we got to dance. Oh my god, holding her in my arms was beyond amazing. I never thought that I could feel like that. She makes me feel alive. And she makes me feel so happy. And we really were. I mean, I felt the stares while we were dancing. But most seemed fine with the two of us out there together.
That is, until Angel and Cordelia spotted us. They came over and started up right away. I was about in tears. And Tara did start crying. We held on to each other as the jabs kept coming. The two of them were calling us lesbos, freaks, dikes and any other nasty name that you can come up with to describe two women that really care for one another.
It was my first taste of out and out hate. They seemed to hate us just because we were different than they are. Not that that should surprise me. After all, that's why the two of them, especially Cordelia, has always had it in for me.
But something very good happened. All of my friends came over. They began standing up for me and Tara. Not that they should have to. There is nothing wrong with the two of us being together. (At least I hope we're really together.) My friends don't care that I'm gay. Yay!
But the most priceless part of the whole evening was when Spike came over. Angel was still putting the two of us down. It looked like Spike wanted to hurt his brother. That's when Angel said something nasty about Buffy. Spike lost it and decked his brother. So hard that Angel had trouble getting up.
And when Uncle Giles came over and heard what had sorta happened, he did not even get on the case of Spike. He is so cool. And so is Spike. But the best part of the night was when I got to walk Tara home. I now know where she lives. We really did not talk much. But we held hands the whole time. And I got to kiss her goodnight. My first kiss! And with a girl I'm really truly falling for. Oh god! Could this night have been any better? (Could have done without Angel and Cordy). I'm now with the girl of my dreams. And everyone knows. This has been the best night of my life. I just hope there can be many more nights like this with Tara. That would truly be a dream come true.

Tara's entry

Dear Diary,

Can life go from bad to good in one night? That's how it feels right now. I mean, thanks to Faith, I got to spend the evening with her. The one that I have so been wanting to spend time with. I can't believe it.
But of course, my life cannot be that simple. There has to be some pain. There always, I'm afraid, will be. Even if Willow and I get to be together. There were those that did not like the fact that Willow and I were dancing. They began making fun of us.
But all of our friends (I have friends. I so can't believe it) came to our rescue. Faith and Xander were the ones that did most of the talking. Spike used his fist to show his brother (one of the ones giving us a hard time) the error of his way.
The most amazing part of the evening was the kiss. I was not expecting it. I mean, we, when I look back, have been flirting with one another ever since we met. And we did hold hands the whole time that we walked to my house. It was an all around magical night, bad stuff included.
But the kiss! That was what made the night. We stood for a few minutes on the front porch. The light was not on for once. We just looked into each other's eyes. Those emerald eyes of hers that just make me want to touch her. And she slowly came at me. And our lips met. And sparks and fireworks and oh my god she is the most amazing person I've ever met.
But I've said that before. And I have to face reality. Our friends are all right with us dating. Most of the school will be. It just gives Angel and Cordelia more fuel to try and burn us with. But that's not what worries me. What if Dad should find out? Mom I think would be all right. But she hardly is ever awake enough to know what is going on. And if Donny finds out! And this would be another thing for cousin Beth to hold over me. She already knows that I went to the dance. But not why. And not who walked me home.
Will I ever be able to be just simply happy? I've got the girl of my dreams. And we kissed. An amazing kiss. But what happens when there is the next obstacle. I wonder if her parents know. And Dad. Will it ever be just me and her?

Buffy's entry

Dear diary,

I didn't want to write in this stupid thing. But what happened tonight, I couldn't not write it down. Spike and I talked while we danced. I pretty much always knew that he was a good guy. But tonight really proved that fact.
Not only did he stand up to his brother, which he does willingly, for me, he did it for Willow and Tara. That was the other big thing that happened. I knew that the two of them were getting really close. They were meeting every morning by themselves in the library. And it was nice to see Will have someone besides Xander to talk to.
Will and I are friends. We're just not best of friends, yet. I hope that we will be. Anyways, the big thing that happened was that Tara showed up at the dance. I think that it so surprised Will that she forgot where she was. Or maybe she was ready. Ready to not worry about what others thought.
And I understand how hard that is. It took a lot for me to walk away from that lunch table Monday. I walked away from the populars and into a class of losers. But those losers are so much better people. They really care about one another. And they really stick up for one another.
Spike stood up for them tonight. And he stood up for me. He seems to be like my knight in shining armor or something. I'm so glad that he's a part of my life. We seem to be really good together. And I like it a lot. I wish there was another dance that we could go to. Guess I'll have to settle with seeing him at school and going to The Bronze. I can't wait to see him again.

Xander's entry

Dear whatever,

I get tired of writing in this diary. Don't know why. Well, you know how the last time I told you that things were going really well. They are going even better now.
I went to the dance with Anya. I had a date. And the two of us seemed to really hit it off. I'm actually dating someone. She wants to see me more. And I definitely want to see her. That would be the understatement of the year.
There might be other shocking news, though. Faith did a really good deed tonight (that's not what's shocking). She told me after the dance had ended. She is the one that set it up for Will and Tara to spend tonight together which was almost ruined by Angel. Fortunately, Spike set his big brother straight.
I thought that there was something going on with Will. But I didn't know what it was. Never in a million years would I have guessed that she had a yen for the ladies. But she is happy. And though I don't know that much about Tara, she seems nice.
And that means we've all got someone right now. I'm with Anya. I get to say that I'm dating someone. This is so cool. I feel so cool. My only regret for tonight is that the two of us didn't get to kiss goodnight. I'll have to change that. After all, that's what keeps me up at night. Dreaming of being with Anya and kissing her. She is so beautiful. And she is into me. No girl has ever been into me before. So cool.
I guess that's it for now. If this is how the first week of school is going to go, I wonder what the rest of my high school years are going to be like.

Anya's entry

Dear diary,

Wow! On a lot of fronts. First, Willow and Tara. Never saw it coming. But they seem made for each other now that I think about it. It's of the good.
Two, Xander and me. Wow! I had to say it again. The only problem I'm having is that he is kinda holding back. By now, most guys would have at least tried to kiss me. Maybe he's more of a gentleman than I thought he was.
Three, Spike. Now I liked him before. But watching him deck Angel was priceless. The creep so had it coming. After the way he's treated all of us! But to say those hurtful things about Willow and Tara. Creep times ten.
Four, back to me and Xander. It's been less than a week, but it feels so right. I hope that things keep going this well. It's just so weird. I never fall for guys. At least, not geeks like Xander. But he is a good guy. And I want him in my life.
Sigh. I wish mom were here. I really could use someone to talk to. Maybe get some advice from. There's always Faith. She seems a little like me in the way that she tells it like it is. And she likes living for the moment. Maybe I'll have to ask her how she thinks I could garner more of Xander's attention. In a nonslutty way of course. I like him, but not ready for that. Not yet, anyways. But someday.

Faith's entry

Whatever,

I so did it. This is so beyond cool. I hooked up Will and Tara! So cool. They probably would have gotten together sooner or later. I just made it happen sooner. Yay on me.
But I'm telling you right now that if that bitch Cordelia ever says a bad thing about any of mine again, she's gonna be one bruised princess. If Oz hadn't been there, I may just have done it tonight.
Oz! Now there's a happy thought. We had kissage tonight. Nothing too hot and heavy. But there was definitely some big sparkage. Is it true that opposites can attract? And if they do, can they stay together?
Damn! I must be falling for the guy. I'm already worrying about staying with him. And we've really only had the one official date tonight. And even than, he had to play with his band. He's a helluva guitar player and his band is tops, but I just wish that there could be more time for the two of us.
Me, wanting a relationship. I'll be damned if I don't see pigs flying or hell freezing over. I never thought that this girl would ever think about giving her heart to someone. To damn fragile. And too hard, if not impossible, to heal when it is broken. But Oz seems such like a good guy. Wish me luck. Usually I'm some sort of loser magnet. And I don't mean the good kind of losers like mine. I mean, the losers that just want to use you for one thing and than dump you. I'm so not getting that vibe off from him. But than, I never really do.

Oz's entry

I guess it's time to write in here. Don't know why. Only two big things really happened. One, I got to spend a good portion of my night with a great girl.
Two, I got to find out just how good she is. She made it so that two people could hookup. It did cost her a little. Pride more than anything. I don't know that much about her, Faith. But I do know that she has her issues with her father. And he's the one that she went to to make sure these two got together. She may be a wild one, but she has a big heart. And I like that.

Spike's entry

This time I actually have something to write about. My loser brother nearly ruined the first real date I had with Buffy. All because he and his air head girlfriend can't handle things that are different than them.
Now those two are the big time losers. But Angel's swollen nose will attest to the fact that I at least tried to straighten the way that he was thinking. I don't suppose it will do much good. Not really, anyways. But I don't really care.
As long as the stupid wanker leaves my girl alone and leaves her friends alone, we'll get along just fine. And yes, Buffy is now my girl. We really connected tonight. And I haven't had that in a long time. Drusilla was the last time I connected with anyone. And she moved to England with her father. But I think it wouldn't have lasted anyways.
I'm just so hoping that me and Buffy are able to last. We are still both so young. And high school romances don't always seem to last. Maybe if the two of us are really meant to be, we will. No matter what others think or say or do. One can only hope that that is true. I think I'm already in love with the girl.

Angel's entry

I HATE MY BROTHER! Who the hell does he think he is. Punching me like that. I wasn't saying anything that everyone else wasn't thinking. Was I?
Not that I really care. Cordelia is what matters to me. The minute that she pointed out the two sick lesbos on the dance floor, I just had to do something about it. Didn't I?
And now, Cordy is mad at me. Just because I couldn't get back up. Little does she know that this is far from over. Those losers have sealed their fate. I won't rest until everyone of them is sorry for what they've done to me. And that damn librarian. Any other adult would have hauled Spike's ass in. Even if it technically was at a semi school function.
But because his niece is one of those sickos, he let my brother off with nothing. Not even a warning. And what about those other teachers. I'm so going to get my revenge on all of them. When I'm through with them, they won't know what hit them. All it'll take is a little bit of daddy's money. I'm sure Snide man will see things our way. And I can get Cordy back. Or maybe I'll find someone else. There has been one girl that I never gave the time of day. Maybe it's time that I do. No matter what, those losers are going to get what's coming to them.

Cordelia's entry

Talk about totally embarrassing. First, those two sickos show up and try to show their lesbo love around. And than, Angel lets his brother kick his ass. What the hell is up with that?
Maybe I'll have to give someone else a chance for a while. After all, there are tons of those that would be more than willing to take his sorry place. There isn't much that could keep me around after that total embarrassment.
And I've noticed that a certain guy named Doyle has really been checking me out. If, for no other reason, I could go out with him just to make Angel jealous. And that's not hard to do. After all, I even look at another guy and Angel gets all bent out of shape. And that could really work to my advantage.
I smell a plan coming on. I'll have to think of some way of dealing with the losers as well. Nobody, and I do mean nobody shows up Cordelia Chase and gets away with it. They certainly are not going to be the first ones. I guarantee you of that.
Sign up to rate and review this story