Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Five Things That Never Happened

Death is Merely a Path

by Xavernus 0 reviews

Five things that never happened to Tseng.

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Sephiroth, Tseng - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2006-12-13 - Updated: 2006-12-13 - 356 words

0Unrated
A simple mission, that's all it was supposed to be. So simple, in fact, that he had decided to go alone, leaving behind his partner, and anyone else who could help him in this 'simple' mission.

As he stared up into the eyes, slitted and green like a cat's, he found himself stunned into silence for a moment. The silence, for him, was not so unusual, so much so as the stunned expression on his face.

And as the pale lips before him split into a malicious grin, and he felt the strength behind the cool steel currently pushing through his stomach, he could only stare and watch, mesmerized by those cold, unyielding eyes.

A 'no' bubbled on his lips along with the blood, and as the blade was yanked away from his body, he felt himself falling, faster and further then to just the cold stone floor. Once the clank of steel capped shoes had left his senses, he pushed and pulled himself to a sitting position, blood staining his lips and his hands as he tried to hold the gaping wound shut.

It was futile to even try, he knew this, but he brought the potion out from his jacket pocket and brought it to his lips anyway. Tearing off the cap, he guzzled down the bitter concoction like a man dried out in a desert, grimacing at the taste or the pain, he wasn't sure.

And then, he waited. And waited, and waited. Until she finally showed up, the one he had wanted, the one he had always wanted, her pink dress filling his vision, clearing away the dark shadows already gathering at the edges. But she is too late, they are all too late to help him, but they are not too late to help the planet, or at least, that is what he hopes.

As he watches them go, his skin becomes cool to the touch, his features gathering the white pallor that all corpses bear as soon as their spirits have left their bodies. He lets himself fall against the stone pillar, and closes his eyes, taking one last breath.
Sign up to rate and review this story