Categories > TV > Buffy the Vampire Slayer > Ordinary Lives

25

by strange1 0 reviews

AU No hellmouth, slayer, witches. The gang are ordinary high school students. Some have grown up together. Others are new to Sunnydale. What kind of adventures will the gang have?

Category: Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Angel, Anya, Buffy, Cordelia, Faith, Giles, Jenny Calendar, Joyce Summers, Oz, Spike, Tara, Wesley, Willow, Xander - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2005-07-30 - Updated: 2005-07-30 - 2190 words

0Unrated
"Thought I'd find you here." Jenny motioned for Giles to follow her out. "There are too many goons around her. We have to get out and now."
"I agree." Giles kept the files tucked safely away. The two made their way until they were in the hospital parking lot. "You have a car?" She simply shook her head no in response. "Well, than. Follow me." The two made their way to Giles' little Citron.
"We have got to get you some better wheels." Jenny got in. As Giles took off, she asked, "So what was so important that you would risk breaking into the hospital files?"
"I received an anonymous tip from someone on the internet." At her wide eyed look, he smiled. "Yes, I was doing some surfing of the net by myself, shocking as that may be."
Jenny only laughed. "I knew I could pull you into the twenty first century some day. And it only took the life of your niece's girlfriend being in danger for you to get on there. That wasn't much." Again, she laughed.
Giles glared at her. It wasn't long before they were back at his apartment. "I didn't get a chance to look at these properly. And I'm not as up on medical terminology as I would like to be. Perhaps you could use the dread machine to get the information that we need?"
"You tell me what you want, I can get it for you." Jenny made her way to sit on the laptop that wasn't Giles'. It was Willow's. But it didn't matter.
"All right." He watched her pull up this site for medical terminology. The phone rang at that moment. "Please look up these two. They are the ones that I'm not sure if I'm getting correctly. If I am, Tara is in a great deal of danger." He answered the phone on the fifth ring. "Hello?"
"Mr. Giles, this is the hospital. Your niece is just fine physically. But there's been an incident involving your niece's friend Tara. And she is rather upset. We'd appreciate you coming as soon as you can."
"Dear lord!" Giles hung up the phone. "Have you gotten the information?"
Jenny nodded and looked up at him. "What's the what?"
"We're on our way back to the hospital." Giles eyes were worried. "It seems that Tara has had an incident."

Faith and Oz walked into Willow's room as she was trying to get out of bed. The nurse was restraining her and telling her that she could do damage to her back if she did not remain in bed. But for some reason the girl was not listening.
"Yo! Red. Take a chill pill." Faith came up. She could see the worry in those emerald green eyes of her friend. "What's the what? We just got a call to come here. Something about someone giving the nurses grief."
"It's Tara." Willow again tried to get out of bed. "Something happened to her. She's in a coma. And they won't let me see her or even tell me what is going on."
The nurse put her hand gently but firmly on her shoulder. "I'm sorry dear. There is nothing to tell. She is still in a coma and the doctors can't figure out what is wrong with her. Please, try and remain calm. Getting worked up like this is only gonna harm your own recovery."
"She's right, girl." Faith came and sat on the edge of the bed. "Think of Tara if you can't think of yourself. And before you say you are, would Tara want you getting all worked up? And possibly hurting yourself again. Just take a chill pill. You need to heal so that you can be there when Tara gets better."
Willow eased her head back onto the pillow. She let Faith's words sink in. She was right. She had to be strong for Tara. If she was to get worse, than she couldn't be there for her girl when she woke up. And that was the most important thing. Being there for Tara when she woke up. "You'll let me know if anything changes?" The nurse nodded and left.
"So, what exactly did happen?" Faith took Willow's hand in her own. "You two get too busy too soon?"
Willow smiled sadly. "I don't know. She came here last night and she stayed the night. When the nurse came in this morning, I woke up. Tara didn't."
"That's strange." Faith sighed. She looked at Oz. His eyes held so much caring. It was as if he were imagining it being her being the one that was hurt. "But they've got good docs here. They'll figure things out. Cause Tara's too good a person for us to give up on her."
Willow smiled. "I hope so. Cause I really need her in my life. She's all that I think about. She's all that I need."

"I haven't seen so many cop cars in my life!" Cordelia was driving Doyle to school. He sat silent next to her which meant that he was in deep thought. "I wonder if there was an accident or something. One thing is for sure, we're gonna be late for school. Oh well." She smiled big.
"Cordelia, I've got something to ask you." Doyle's voice startled Cordelia. Even though they hadn't been dating long, she knew that when he was quiet that it could take a while to think about what he needed to. So this sudden outburst sorta surprised her a little. "Not that I don't like dating you, but why me?"
Cordelia turned of the engine of her car. It was apparent that whatever was going on, it would be awhile before they were able to move again. And this was a big thing she was just asked. "Not to dodge the question, but I could ask the same of you. I mean, I was Queen C. The biggest bitch in school. But you. You've always been this caring guy. Not worried about what people think. And you've always helped out those less fortunate. Why the why?"
Doyle sighed heavily. "It's just that I was wondering if this wasn't still something to get Angel all jealous. I mean, we haven't even kissed yet."
Eyes were now wide on the cheerleader. She hadn't even realized that they had yet to kiss. That was a major surprise to her. Because she had been fantasizing about kissing him. Ever since he had agreed to first go out with her. But she had never acted on it. "I think I'd have to say it's because I want to be careful with this relationship. By that I mean I don't want to rush into anything. I want this to be a lasting one. Does that make any kind of sense?"
"Perfect." Doyle smiled. "Actually, I was hoping it was something like that. Because to tell you the truth, I've never felt this way about someone before. It's like you're my first in so many ways."
Cordelia just shook her head. "I've been thinking a lot about my past relationships. And that would mean Angel. Cause there really weren't any others besides him. And that was just not really a relationship. We were together, yeah. But I think we were together because the fact that we were both expected to be together. It wasn't necessarily something that either of us wanted." She took his hand in her own. "Trust me when I say that I want this. Very much so." They leaned in and were about to kiss when there was a tap on her window. "Yes officer?"
"You two can move it along now. Best be getting to school."
Cordelia nodded. She sighed as she started up the car. "Just when it was getting good." She drove slowly, not knowing what to expect. She never in a million years would have thought she would see what she was. "That's Angel's car. And Spike's motorcycle. Are those bullet holes?"

In one ambulance rode Buffy and Darla. In another, Angel and Spike. All four had been hit somewhere with bullets. And for now, all of them were alive.
It wasn't long before they were all in the ER. Each having their own doctor look after their wounds. Spike's seemed to be only superficial. One bullet was in his arm. Another had hit his leg. But there had been a huge loss of blood. Angel had been hit in the shoulder and the chest. Luckily, it wasn't near his heart. Darla had been hit on both her right and left shoulders. She'd also hit her head hard on the pavement. And then, there was Buffy. There was a bullet that was only millimeters away from her heart. Any sudden movements could make it move and that could mean that she could easily die.
Giles and Jenny had made their way to the hospital assuming that they would just be looking out for two young people. But now there were a total of six that were in the hospital. And for a small town like Sunnydale, that was quite the large number.
Giles kept trying to get someone's attention. While he was worried about the four young people, he was also very worried about Tara. His suspicions had been correct. Her father had indeed been poisoning her mother. And most likely was poisoning his daughter. That was probably why girl had gone into a coma. That much he had been able to learn.
Finally, he gave up on anyone in the reception area. He and Jenny made their way to his niece's room. He found her asleep with Faith lying next to her and Oz standing and watching. He whispered, "Is she all right?"
Faith nodded. "She's just exhausted. All of this stuff with Tara. She's beside herself. I managed to calm her down. What's the ruckus about? We heard the pages going over."
"There's been a shooting. Spike, Angel, Buffy, and Darla were all involved." He looked really sad. "They wouldn't give any information to me other than it was four students. I saw Darla when they were bringing her in so I assumed that it involves the others as well. Is there a nurse around here?"
"This one chic keeps coming in every ten minutes." Faith smiled sadly. "I think she's worried that Red here is going to flip out on her again. But that's not gonna happen." She looked up at him, concern now on her face. "Why? You know something?"
"I'm afraid I do." Giles pulled out one of the files. "Tara could very well be in grave danger. I need to find someone and inform them."
"I'll stay and keep watch over Red here." Faith didn't like the look on his face. "You just do what you gotta do."
Giles and Jenny took off again. There was a nurse speeding towards the elevators. He roughly grabbed her by the arm. "I'm terribly sorry to do that, but no one seems to want to listen to me at the moment. And what I have to say is quite imperative I assure you."
The nurse eyed him for a moment. "I'm on my way to help with the trauma victims. What is so important?"
"This." He shoved the file at her. "It says here that no one caught the fact that Tara Maclay's mother was being poisoned. And if she was, there is a very good chance that the girl is also being poisoned. And that could be the reason for the coma."
"Where did you get this?" The nurse sounded like she wanted to call the cops or something.
"It bloody well doesn't matter." Giles began to raise his voice. "There is a life at stake. One has already been lost. Do you wish to see innocent people die over this?"
The nurse blinked a couple of times. "No, of course not. Calm down. I'll see that the doctor gets this right away."
Giles grabbed her arm again. "Which doctor is handling Miss Maclay's case?"
The nurse glared at his hand but he did not remove it. "Doctor Reynolds. The same one that treated her mother. Why?"
"Oh, bloody hell!" Giles looked at the nurse with hate. "Where the bloody hell is Tara's room? And tell me quickly. Before the doctor has a chance to do anything."
"Room 413." Giles and Jenny took off running. "But wait! You can't go in there. It's in the intensive care unit. Only family members are allowed." The nurse took off after the two.
Giles and Jenny were the first to get to the room. They opened the door and saw a man in a white coat sticking something into Tara's IV. Before either could say anything, the nurse was right behind them. "You better bloody well stop what you are doing."
Dr. Reynolds turned towards them. "You have no business being here. Leave."
The nurse took a couple steps towards the doctor. "What are you doing, doctor? I already gave her all the medicine you and Dr. Carver prescribed. Anything more will likely kill her."
Sign up to rate and review this story