Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog > What If

Things That Only I Can Do

by JesusKetchum31 0 reviews

A jaded Dr. Robotnik is taken to see his fellow genius and inventor, but in place of Tails, he finds a child he does not know.

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Crossover, Drama, Fantasy, Horror - Characters: Dr. Robotnik, Miles "Tails" Prower, Other - Warnings: [!] [?] [V] - Published: 2005-07-31 - Updated: 2005-08-01 - 674 words

0Unrated
"FREAK!"

Eggman jumped. Suddenly, he found himself in a hallway far too small for his tastes, and surrounded by little kids.

"Hey, doublebutt, how about your lunch money!"

He looked around, bewildered.

"Sounds a lot like how they treated you, doesn't it?" Maria asked.

"It was 'doublechin...' Or 'dorksky.' Or Eggman, after fifth grade."

Dr. Robotnik looked down.

"Well, I was 'Barbie,' but we got it easy, cousin."

The crowd of little kids parted, revealing the cowering form of a small brown fox with two tails.

"Tails is a lot like I was..."

"There is no Tails."

Eggman raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean, no Tails?"

"Sonic gave him that nickname. In this world, he's still Miles Prower. One of the teachers calls him kilometer as a joke, but that's the closest thing to a nickname he has."

"Heh. Well, Miles is a dignified name."

"Hey," declared an older human boy, stepping up to him, "I'm gonna kick your butt miles away! Get it!"

"Leave me alone..." Miles whimpered, backing up into a wall.

"You're a genius. Figure out how to make me."

"God, I remember that," Eggman sighed. "Except that I was so much bigger than the other students that no one dared to touch me... for fear of becoming my seat cushion."

Maria sighed. "Tails isn't so lucky."

The older child grabbed Tails by the arm; almost instantaneously fur was flying. One Tail set to stabilizing the smaller child, while the other whipped itself at the oldest student's mouth. He cried out and released the fox

"One day I'm going to take over the world," Miles declared, kicking his opponent. "And I'm going to make you clean all the toilets with a toothbrush." He smirked, standing up straight. "Your toothbrush."

Eggman blinked.

Staff members came and dragged Tails away... One teacher's aid knelt down by the larger child and called for a mess kit.. Eggman couldn't tear his eyes away as he watched the bully spit out an adult tooth into his hand...

"My God... I didn't know he had it in him."

"He knew, if he hurt one of them once, they would never bug him again."

"That was what my mother used to tell me..."

"Without Sonic as a role model, he had no one to look up to in order to be a better person. Without you as a sort of warning, he never realized just how dangerous violence and childish behavior could be. He never had to push his technical or physical sills to the limit, either, so he's much weaker than Tails is."

"He fought back. I never even fought back."

"You did, Ivo," Maria sighed. "You waited a while, but you definitely fought back."

"Point taken. I hope... that this Tails only fights back here... in school."

"We aren't done here. C'mon. We've got to see him get lectured."



"That was unacceptable, Miles."

"He hit me!"

"It doesn't give you the right to knock out one of his teeth."

"You can't defend me; I have a right to defend myself."

The principle paced across the room. "If you were even a year older, you could be expelled for that."

"Wouldn't be a problem," the fox said, with a smirk. "I know everything you teach here. I know more than what you teach here. You'd have to put me in the high school for me to learn anything except what pain is."

Eggman tried to find the door. "My god," he muttered to himself, "He has more guts than I ever had. I've only seen Tails with that kind of fury once..."

"Sonic protected Tails from the harsh realities of the world... from friendlessness, and bullying. Miles doesn't have anyone to look out for him." Maria sighed. "He's a lot like you... and a lot like me."

"I don't want to see any more, Maria."

"How about seeing Rouge? She hasn't changed much."

"I would... like that."

There was a flash of light... but Eggman almost thought he heard laughter as the principal's office faded away.
Sign up to rate and review this story