Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Light in the Darkness - A Hogwarts Story

Part 5 - An interlude in time...

by AuroraNight 0 reviews

The main character's name is Melina Potter, and she is the daughter of Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley. The Weasley/Potter gang, is a group that her brothers and cousins formed who previously went t...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor, Romance - Characters: Ginny, Harry - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-12-18 - Updated: 2006-12-18 - 581 words

0Unrated
~~~The next day~~~
I got up (earlier than Jenny, May and Mimi as usual), showered, dressed in school uniform, brushed teeth, etc and went down for breakfast in the great hall. As I went down I took extra care not to bump into anyone, I mean look what happened yesterday... Meh... I can't believe I bumped into Denethon Malfoy twice, had an argument over a tree with him and got a weeks detention with him... I don't think things could get any worse... Oh crap! I'm a complete idiot! I just know something worse is going to happen now... I probably just cursed myself... Oh, sometimes i'm such a dummy... I wonder what Snapey is going to make Denethon and I do...? Well, it's going to be horrible or monotonous in some way, that's for sure. It always is, with him. The last time I had a detention with Snape was in third year and after that I took care to keep out of his detentions. He made me clean all, and I mean all/, of his dirty cauldrons /without magic... Ohhh... my hands start to hurt just remembering it...

The owls flew in at breakfast and dropped off all the students' week schedules. I had double Transfiguration, double Charms before Lunch. Then afterwards, double Potions. bleh... bad afternoon... And that was just Monday(Today)! Tuesdays I had, double Ancient Runes and double Herbology, then double History of Magic. Wednesdays, I had double Defence against the Dark Arts and a free two hours for studying, then double Astrology and Astronomy. Thursdays, I had double Transfiguration and double Potions, then double Defence against the Dark Arts. Fridays, I had double Care of Magical Creatures and double Charms, then a free afternoon. A class was one hour long, so a double class was two hours... eek! I was going to die before lunchtime... My favourite classes were Charms, Defence against the Dark Arts and Herbology... I liked making potions, but Snape made that class a torture... However, though he tried very hard to find a way, he had still not been able to give me anything below an Outstanding! ^_^ Haha to him! ^_^

Well, After breakfast, during which I was joined at the Gryffindor table by the rest of the gang, I rushed upstairs to the dorm room, with Jenny, May and Mimi, to get our school books from our trunks. Then... :( We went to class... Transfiguration with Mrs McGonagall first. Transfiguration wasn't so bad actually, I had never had less than an Acceptable in any of my classes, and although it wasn't a favourite class, it was better than the dull and boring History of Magic...

~~~LATER~~~
So, all in all, the day had been okay, I was exhasted... but the day had been okay. Although, everyone had been sort of restless as it was the first day back... In Transfiguration we had to take notes on a spell for changing roses into cats and try to learn and perform the spell competently... In Charms we had to go over and perform each spell we learnt last year, and in potions... well potions was potions, as usual. We had it with the slithering Slytherins and as always, Snape favoured them and punished us. He had been feeling especially nasty today, and as I would have detention with him for a week starting tonight, I just couldn't help but imagine all the horrible things he could make me do... I shuddered at the thought...
Sign up to rate and review this story