Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > ... But Home Is Nowhere

... But Home Is Nowhere

by pixi_dust 1 review

Cheerful, happy Leigh gets to meet Good Charlotte after pulling off a mischeveous and seemingly impossible plan. But the guys soon see she's got plenty of things to hide...

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [R] [V] - Published: 2006-12-18 - Updated: 2006-12-18 - 903 words

0Unrated
Okay, here's how we're gonna do it."

Nicole unzipped her messenger bag, and i finally saw what had been squirming around in it during the show- my cat, Meowzers.

"We're gonna let your lil kitty out," she began, a mischievous grin on her face. "Then we'll let him find his pretty little way backstage, then five minutes after we let him out we're gonna run back there and be like 'oh, sir (or sirs, if that's where he is), we lost our cat, have you seen our cat anywhere?' and voila! we'll get to meet Good Charlotte.

"Pretty good plan huh?"

Yeah. Good plan if you want to get hauled off behind bars.

But I couldn't resist it. I nodded, grinning. She set the bag down on the ground, got the cat out and put her on the ground by it, and smacked her bottom, telling her to run away.

And boy, did she run.

"Now we just wait here... Casually..." Nicole said. She leaned against the wall, arms crossed, and began humming 'Girls Not Grey.'

I checked my wristwatch when she was through the song. "Now?" I said, looking at her.

She nodded, her face covered with glee. "Yeah."

We walked through the open door and explored until we found the door marked "backstage." We opened it casually, and walked inside.

My heart skipped a beat. Benji Madden looked at us and smiled. At us. Particularly me.

"Uh... sir," I stammered. "H-have you seen my.... uh... cat?"

"This one?" Billy said, holding up Meowzers. I grinned and nodded.

"Yeah, that one," I said, walking over and taking the purring cat in my hands.

"Yeah, it's a sweet cat," Benji said. "It has big balls, though."

I jaw almost hit the ground when he said that. I burst out laughing.

"Yeah, that's a problem we haven't taken care of yet."

A guard poked his head through the door we had just entered. Wait... he was clutching Nicole by her collar. I punched myself in the side. How could I forget about her?!

"This girl was trying to sneak in without a pass," he said. He turned his gaze to me. "And it doesn't look like she has one either."

"This is Billy's little cousin," Benji said casually. "Right, Billy?"

"Er... yeah!" Billy replied, nodding quickly. "She lives around here, so we let her stay back here with us."

"Whatever," he said, dragging Nicole out. All I could do was watch kind of helplessly. Oh well, she'd have to learn to sneak better.

I flashed a grateful smile at Benji. "Thanks," I said.

"No prob," he said. "I kinda like you anyway."

Billy had got up and walked to another room. Benji got up, grabbed my hand, and followed, dragging me and my cat along.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"You honestly think it's just me and Billy in this?" he asked. "There's also three other people who help make our extremely coolio music."

I laughed. "I know.

"And I assume you would want to meet the rest of them, anyway."

"Yup."

He looked back at me and smiled. He had such a gorgeous smile, and I had always thought that. "Okie doke, then," he said as we walked past a curtained door, "meet the remainder of Good Charlotte."

Joel, Paul, and Chris sat on assorted couches and chairs, sweaty and exhausted. Billy was cross-legged in the floor.

"Gentlemen, may I present to you," he said grandly, bowing, "Miss... miss..."

"Leigh."

"Miss Leigh!" he squealed, then jumped on top of a tired Paul, tackling him.

"Dude, take it easy," he said with a muffled voice. Benji jumped off and sat on the floor next to where I was standing, patting a place beside him.

"C'mon, you know you wanna sit next to me."

I smiled, walked over to Billy, and sat next to him. "No. He's cooler."

Benji comically began to fake cry. "You don't love me anymore!" he laughed.

'Aww," I said, crawling over and putting my head on his shoulder. I couldn't help but notice how Paul was watching me. I leaned up against the wall and looked at them all. "Hi," I muttered.

"Hello," Joel sighed. "How's life?"

"Couldn't be better."

"Sarcasm, nice." Chris brushed his hair away from his face.

"And yours?" I asked back.

"Joyful," he remarked. I laughed.

"I know whatcha mean."

It grew silent for several minutes. The only sound was the crazy crowd outside.

"You got anywhere to go?" Benji asked.

"No, why?"

"Wanna go with us to our hotel?"

I shrugged. "I suppose. One of you got a phone?"

Billy pulled out a black flip phone. I dialed my mom's number and held it to my ear.

"Hello? Mom?"

"Yeah?" she mumbled. Hmph. She was probably drunk again.

I tried to sound as sweet as possible. "Can I stay at someone's house tonight?" Benji grinned at me. I gave him the thumbs-up and mouthed /I got it under control/.

"I don't give a damn, just be home by tomottow night." She then slammed down the phone.

Paul must have seen me flinch, because he said, "What'd she say? Is it all okay?"

I made myself smile and said "Yeah."

"Okay," Benji squealed, jumping with excitement. "Time to go through the mob of paparazzi and fan girls! Maybe we'll make it out alive!"

Oh God. I just then thought of what I was up against.
Sign up to rate and review this story