Categories > Cartoons > Avatar: The Last Airbender > Forced

Chapter 2

by Zuppi 1 review

Lost and alone, Zuko and Sokka must begin to trust each other if they are ever to survive.

Category: Avatar: The Last Airbender - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Erotica, Romance - Characters: Sokka, Zuko - Warnings: [!!!] [X] - Published: 2006-12-18 - Updated: 2006-12-19 - 7363 words

2Exciting
Sokka hit the water with a mighty force. His eyes stung and lungs burned as he was enveloped by the frigid liquid. In a blind panic he looked around desperately, disorientated and not knowing up from down. With a sudden rush he broke the surface, coughing and spluttering to clear his lungs. It took him a few seconds to remember what exactly had happened before the collage of memories assaulted his mind; Zuko! Frantically he scanned the water in search of the firebender. His limbs were burning from the exertion of keeping his battered body afloat before he spotted a lifeless body floating face down some ten meters to his right. Gasping in shock Sokka forced himself forward. As soon as he was within distance he roughly grabbed the older boy by the shoulders, pulling him back so as he was supported on Sokka's chest. Sokka wrapped his right arm around Zuko's waist and grasped him savagely by the jaw, Sokka's legs trembling with the effort of keeping them both above water.

"Zuko!" Sokka shook the prince's head back and forth, earning no response. The warrior felt his own breathing quicken as he shook Zuko. "Come on!" He shook Zuko harder this time before slapping him as hard as possible on the chest. The effect was immediate, with a strangled gasp Zuko's chest began to rise and he began coughing in an effort to expel the water from his lungs. Sokka breathed a sigh of relief. "Zuko, are you ok?" He asked as he scanned the area for the closest piece of land.

Zuko coughed and dribbled water, his head sagging against Sokka's. "Wh- ...ha.. happened?"

"We fell... from Appa." Sokka adjusted Zuko, pulling the heavier boy against him. Their wet clothes and shoes were dragging him down. "We're not far from land now." Sokka looked to the approaching peninsula behind him. It was not far from their present position but they were making achingly slow progress.

Zuko coughed violently, his body convulsing against Sokka. "Uncle?" He seemed to be having difficulty breathing.

"Appa has probably taken him to Aang by now." Sokka sighed with relief as his ankles connected with the gravely lake bottom. With great effort he pulled Zuko out of the water and onto the lake shore. For his part Zuko attempted to move under his own power but his strength failed him. Once sufficiently clear of the water Sokka laid Zuko on the ground. The older boy rolled onto his back and began coughing again, his face contorted as if in pain.

"No." Sokka took Zuko by the shoulders and gently rolled him to his right side. "It's easier for you the get rid of all that water if you lie on your side." He bent Zuko's knee left leg over his right and moved his right arm so that it cradled his head. Zuko shot Sokka at questioning glance before erupting in coughs once more. "A lot of my people fall off glaciers." Sokka explained. "You know ice... slippy."

"Idiot Water Tribe." Zuko sneered between coughs.

"Hey!" Sokka sat up straight. "This 'idiot Water Tribe, eh, er, just saved you life!"

Zuko looked up at him and nodded. Sokka sighed, assuming it was the best he was likely to get out of the proud prince. With a frown he looked around them in an attempt to ascertain their present location. They were sitting on the right bank of a long, narrow ribbon lake. It terminated at one end with a large, shear cliff while the other end disappeared between two steep hills. Sokka assumed the city of Ba Sing Se was located behind the cliff, making it likely he, Iroh and Appa had been held in the Dai Li compound. He sighed in confusion having presumed the secret base had been destroyed. His musings were distracted by a particularly violent number of coughs from Zuko. The firebender began to wretch from the effort and Sokka quickly grabbed him by the waist, assisting him into a better position. On his hands and knees, Zuko continued to wretch until he emptied his stomach contents onto the dirt ground. His chest and throat burned from the effort before he slumped in Sokka's hands.

"Come on." Sokka gritted his teeth as he helped Zuko crawl away from his previous location. He eased Zuko onto a grassy area and helped him assume his previous position on his side.

Zuko looked disgusted although Sokka couldn't be sure if it was because of his vomiting or his need for assistance. Feeling uncomfortable in the silence he attempted to ease Zuko's shame. "Most people vomit after swallowing a load of water." He lay down exhausted next to Zuko. "It's no big deal."

Zuko snorted non committedly, choosing to close his eyes and rest rather than respond verbally.

Sokka glanced at him for a second before closing his eyes. Although it was still dark he could tell sunrise was not far off. The logical part of his mind told him they needed to get moving, that Azula was probably searching for them as they lay prone on the lake shores... but he was so weary. His limbs ached from the exertion and he was certain he was bruised and battered all over from the impact. A few minutes to rest wouldn't be the worst thing in the world...


---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------


Sokka was woken by a rough hand on his shoulder. "Sleep now, Aang." He batted at the hand while rolling onto his side. The pain in his ribs caused him to call out in pain. "Ow ow OW! What the?" It took his sleep muddled brain a few seconds to process where he was, why he hurt and why Zuko was staring at him. His nose wrinkled in disgust. "Oh no." Sokka groaned, pushing himself to sitting. "I thought this was all a horrible nightmare." He rubbed his eyes with the heal of his hand.

"Unfortunately not." Zokka remarked dryly. His voice was hoarse and raspy from coughing. "Get up, we need to get moving." He stood quickly as if to prove a point. His body, however, was not as well recovered as he had thought and a sudden wave of dizziness caused him to fall back onto his rear.

Sokka snickered as he glanced at him momentarily. With a yawn he arched his back, attempting to stretch out the various knots that resulted from sleeping on rough, stony ground. He looked to the sky, where the sun was blazing high above them. "Wow! It's late. Better get moving." He jumped to his feet and while it was somewhat sore he fared better than Zuko. Turning, he hesitated before offering his hand to the fair skinned boy.

"Why do you think I was trying to wake you?" Zuko glanced at the offered hand, before pushing himself up. Without so much as a backwards glance he strode past Sokka. "Which direction are we going in?"

Sokka crossed his hands over his chest, offended at the snub. "We? I'm not taking you anywhere near Aang."

Zuko spun on heal to face the younger boy. "For once I don't care about the stupid monk, I want to find my uncle."

Sokka snorted in disbelief. "Yeah right."

"How do you assume I catch him? I have no weapons and my ribs are at the very least bruised. I can't fire bend if I can't control my breathing." Zuko blushed crimson admitting his vulnerability, even though he knew admitting to it was necessary. "And even if I could how do you propose I catch him considering he is accompanied by two other benders? And how do I transport him back to the Fire Nation? Lasso a sabre tooth moose lion?"

Sokka was unsure how to respond. "Well... I still don't trust you." He tapped his fingers against his folded arm. "But seen as you'll probably only follow me anyway and it's pretty low to beat the crap out of an injured man, I suppose I'll let you tag along. But I'm leading."

"I could defeat you in any state." Zuko glared at Sokka.

"I don't think so flame boy." Sokka glared back.

"What did you call me?!" Zuko took a step towards Sokka, nostrils flaring in anger.

"Yeah yeah, whatever." Sokka strolled past him, waving his hand dismissively. "I hate you! 'No, I hate you.' 'I'm gonna kick your ass.' 'Not if I kick your ass first!' The end. "He mocked in a sing song voice. "As much as I enjoy our talks Zuko I'd like to find my friends now."

Zuko felt rage burn within his veins. His eye twitched in response to Sokka's disrespectful behaviour. He desperately wanted to punch the idiot in the face, but said idiot was right. They didn't have time to argue. Azula more than likely had a force assembled and was tracking them as they fought. Resisting every fibre of his being, he bit his tongue and followed Sokka into the forest.


---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------


Sokka sighed in frustration. It wasn't that he wanted to talk to Zuko, far from it in fact, but the oppressive silence that hung between them made him more than a little uncomfortable. He sighed long and low, drumming his fingers against his chest. "So..." He grinned at Zuko.

The other boy frowned back at him. "What?"

"Nothing." Sokka sighed at the unhelpful response. They walked on a little further until Sokka tried again. "Normally we chat to each other when we're travelling. You know, about the weather, who's trying to kill us that day, food..."

"Normally I prefer not wasting my time on idle chit chat and instead listen for possibly dangers." Zuko snapped back.

Sokka whistled at the curt reply. "So that's why you're always so moody. You're just bored." He grinned to himself.

In a flash, Zuko turned on Sokka, pushing him harshly to the ground. "I am not /moody/!" He fumed.

"Ow!" Sokka massaged his rear before glaring up at Zuko. "You know what, Zuko, you're right." The firebender started in surprise. "Being moody would mean you actually have different moods." Sokka explained. "You're only ever angry."

With a yell, Zuko punched the air sending a ball of flames from his fist. It landed just inches from where Sokka was sitting. Yelping in response, Sokka jumped to his feet. "Hey!" He seethed. "No firebending!"

"Then you should show me some respect." Zuko spat through gritted teeth.

"Respect?" Sokka laughed dryly. "I don't think so. You're own people don't even respect you! I know how you got that scar 'your highness'"

Sokka had no time to react before Zuko kicked out his legs. He landed hard on his back, dazed and winded. In an instant, Zuko pinned him to the ground with a knee on his chest. Sokka's eyes came into focus to find Zuko's fist barely inches from his right eye. "I'll give you one to match." Zuko's voice was low and deadly. Sokka inhaled sharply, bile welling in his stomach. He had feared Zuko before, facing the older teen at his own village had been one of the hardest moments of his short life, but this felt different. Back in the South Pole Zuko's rage had been directed at Aang, right now it was entirely focused on Sokka. Zuko's golden eyes blazed with rage as his fist trembled almost touching Sokka's cheek. Sokka nodded his head stiffly, not trusting his voice.

Zuko's face changed. He stood up abruptly. It had been a long time since he had instilled that kind of fear in someone... strangely he found it made him uncomfortable. Living on the ship, with a small force of soldiers, it had been a necessary part of life but having lived among the people he had once terrorised, he felt ashamed. "Come on." He didn't bother turning to address Sokka.

Sokka slowly got to his feet. The tension between them was palpable. He followed Zuko, ensuring there was quite a distance between them. There was no way he was turning his back on Zuko ever again.

Zuko sighed. He didn't know what was wrong with him but having the other boy fear him was making him decidedly uncomfortable. Maybe it was living among the people of Ba Sing Se, they had all accepted him as one of them, as just another person. He had never dealt with people in that way before. Back in the Fire Nation everyone had addressed him as 'Prince Zuko' and walked on egg shells around him. His banishment was even worse. The only person he had an anyway normal conversation with was Iroh. Zuko sighed. He thought he was strong, that he didn't need other people for help or even companionship but having Sokka so obviously on guard was eating away at him.

He stopped to remove a stone from his boot, some part of him hoping the other boy would catch up with him. That idiotic part of him even missed the idiot's attempts at conversation. Sokka, however, hung back behind Zuko. He stopped as soon as Zuko did and remained motionless until Zuko got up and began walking again.

"I don't know where I'm going." Zuko glanced back at Sokka.

Sokka was surprised to hear Zuko address him. The previous anger had left his voice and he even seemed a little nervous. Sokka gritted his teeth. "I'll tell you if you're going wrong." He replied shortly.

Zuko sighed and continued walking. He glanced back at Sokka a few more times before attempting to break the tension again. "Eh... Does your head not get cold?"

"What?" Sokka stopped marching at the strange line of questioning.

Zuko turned to look at him. "I was always wondering while we were down the South Pole... My head was always cold, I just..." He shrugged. "You have short hair too. Was your head never cold?"

Sokka stared at Zuko. "While you were chasing us around the South Pole you spent your time wondering if my head was cold?"

"Not all my time." Zuko flushed pink looking away.

"Why didn't you just wear a hat if your head was so cold." Sokka smirked. "Or grow out your hair."

Zuko narrowed his eyes. "That ponytail was traditional, not like whatever it is you do with your ponytail thing."

Sokka's mouth and eyes widened in shock. "It's a warrior's wolf-tail! Wolf-tail! Not a pony tail! Agh, I'm tired of explaining this!" He screamed to the heavens. "And if you're little ponytail was so traditional how come you've got a whole new style going on, eh?"

Zuko glared at Sokka. "My reasons for cutting my hair are none of your business. And I hardly think you're one to comment on the size of my ponytail considering-" Sokka erupted in laughter, cutting Zuko off. "What?! What are you laughing at?" Zuko stomped childishly on the ground. "I demand you stop laughing."

"Sorry, sorry." Sokka continued to snigger. "It's just...the most bizarre situation ever." He tried to compose himself upon seeing Zuko's glare. "If someone told me this time last year that I'd be arguing with the Prince of the Fire Nation about the size of our 'ponytails' I'd have punched them." The innocent, confused look on Zuko's face caused Zuko to fall into a laughing fit once more.

Zuko watched the other boy laugh loudly to himself, wondering what exactly he found so amusing. Realisation dawned on him and he blushed at the innuendo. "You're sick." He wrinkled his nose at Sokka, who was still laughing loudly to himself. Rolling his eyes to the heavens, Zuko turned on heal and began walking away from the giggling warrior.

Sokka looked up to see Zuko walking away from him. He jogged to catch up with the other boy. "Prude." He teased.

Zuko ignored the heat in his cheeks. "We of noble blood don't find such crude jokes amusing." He chastised. "Anyway, my ponytail was obviously bigger." He looked away to hide both his smirk and the furious blush that preceded this statement.

Sokka gapped at him, not entirely expecting that retort. "In the name of the Spirits!" He feigned surprise.

"What?" Zuko looked at him confused.

"Do I..?" He mockingly examined Zuko's face. "No, it can't be."

Zuko looked away, turning the scarred side of his face unconsciously from Sokka. "What?"

"Did I see a tiny smile from Prince Zuko the grouch?" Sokka feigned serious shock, holding one hand over his heart while covering his forehead with the other.

Zuko rolled his eyes at the teasing, working exceedingly hard to prevent another smirk from sneaking onto his lips. "You're an idiot."

"Yeah, well you're-"

Sokka's reply was cut off by a large eruption of rock and dirt between them. They were both thrown in opposite directions. Ducking low, Sokka stole his way over to where Zuko lay crouched by a tree. "Earthbenders." He hissed in Zuko's ear.

A large sheet of flame roared over head, erupting all surround foliage in flame. "And firebenders." Zuko looked out from behind their hiding place.

"We can't fight them." Sokka shielded his face from the heat. "I have no weapons and we're both injured. We have to run."

Zuko glared at him before returning his attention to their hidden attackers. "I'm not a coward."

"They're over here!" A shout called out from the trees to their right. Various shouts replied and the sound of numerous foot falls could be heard heading their way.

"Yeah, I know." Sokka grabbed Zuko by the shoulder. "But you're also not an idiot. We're out numbered and out gunned. Our only chance is to get away." Zuko turned his attention from Sokka and back to the approaching attackers. "Come on." Sokka pulled at his shirt.

"Stop it." Zuko pushed Sokka away from him.

The warrior fell backwards against a tree. "There!" A ball of flames burst though the trees heading for Sokka. Zuko jumped to divert it but was too late. With a yell, Sokka covered his face with his arms. The ball of flames hit him in the chest causing his shirt to erupt into flames. Sokka screamed in pain and he tried to put out the flames with his bare hands. In a second Zuko was before him. He waved his hand over Sokka's chest quelling the flames. He grabbed Sokka by the wrist and pulled him further into the forest. "We have to get out of here."



---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------


Sokka tried to keep up with Zuko as they fled through the forest. He ignored the screaming pain in his chest as they ducked under branches and jumped exposed roots. He held his hand just over his injured chest, almost afraid to touch it. He noticed Zuko glance behind with greater frequency and prayed the older boy was going to stop soon. With a leap Zuko cleared a large mass of exposed roots and disappeared from view. Sokka followed suit, his pulse quickening when he realized he could no longer see the older teen. He landed in a crouched position, intending to scan the area for any signs of Zuko when he was grabbed from behind. Instinctively Sokka cried out as strong arms enveloped him from behind. "Sush!" Zuko hissed in his ear as he pulled Sokka back into a recess within the tree roots. Panting heavily they sat as still as possible listening for any signs they had been followed. Sokka gritted his teeth in pain, forcing himself to bear the agony of Zuko's right arm brushing against his burnt chest. He felt himself tremble with the effort as tears pinched his eyes.

Zuko's attention snapped from listening for the Fire Nation troops to Sokka shaking against him. He inhaled sharply when he realized what was causing Sokka such discomfort, resisting the urge to tear his arm quickly from the injured flesh. Gingerly he removed his grip on the younger boy, wincing as this caused Sokka further pain. Sokka inhaled quickly and sharply, squeezing his eyes shut and grimacing. With his arm removed from Sokka's chest, Zuko moved so as to let Sokka lean against the tree. Sokka leaned back, his face contorted in pain and brought his own hand up to shield his chest. With his right arm he roughly wiped at the tears staining his cheeks.

Zuko sat back on his knees and observed the dark skinned boy. With a sigh he reached out and touched Sokka on the shoulder. "May I look at your injury?" Zuko winced as Sokka turned his eyes on him. They were wide with shock and glistening with tears. The usual cheeky glint to them was gone replaced by a look of pain.

Sokka took a shaky breath before nodding has approval. Gently Zuko opened Sokka's shirt, wincing with the injured boy as some of the material stuck to the burn. With Sokka's chest exposed Zuko could survey the full extent of the damage. The burn ran diagonally from Sokka's right shoulder joint over his pectoral muscle terminating at the sternum. While not as severe as Zuko had first feared, it was nonetheless serious and in need of immediate attention. "I can help." He mumbled, shrugging his shoulders, "if you want."

Sokka grimaced in pain, not in distaste as Zuko had suspected he would. "Thanks" His breath hitched and he closed his eyes against the pain.

Sighing Zuko crawled closer to Sokka. Pulling his sleeve back he positioned his hand over the burn. "This will hurt." He thought it best to prepare Sokka.

"What are you doing?" Sokka kept his eyes closed, unconsciously squirming away from Zuko.

"I'm going to draw the heat out of the wound." Zuko explained, his hand hovering just over the burn. He could feel the heat radiating from it. "Water wouldn't hurt as much but this way helps it heal faster and we don't really have anyway of getting water at the moment." He glanced at Sokka, who remained tensed against the tree his eyes shut tight. "Are you ready?" Sokka hesitated for a second and took a deep breath before nodding. Inhaling deeply, Zuko willed the heat to flow from Sokka and into him. He felt a rush of warmth course through his veins, with great concentration he diverted it to his lungs and expelled it through his nose, feeling steam breeze through his nostrils. Sokka writhed beneath him, biting his lip and making a strangled sound in the back of his throat. Zuko frowned before inhaling again and repeating the procedure. On the third time Sokka called out in pain, his left arm darting to grab at Zuko's arm as it grazed his skin. Zuko was faster than him however and managed to catch Sokka's hand in his free one. "Just twice more, Sokka." He whispered, his stomach twisting as the other boy shook his head.

"No..." Sokka sobbed, his eyes pleading and shining with unshed tears. "Please."

Zuko gripped Sokka's hand tightly and looked him in the eye. "I'm sorry." He looked away as he drew breath once more and began to siphon heat from the wound. Sokka gasped in pain and held Zuko's hand in a vice like grip. "Last time Sokka." Zuko whispered, squeezing Sokka's hand for reassurance. He took a great breath the last time, knowing it might be some time before he could attempt to repeat the procedure. He took as much of the heat as possible before expelling it from his own body. Sokka cried in silent agony, his legs scrambling on the ground fruitlessly. He held Zuko's hand so tight his own arm shook with tremors. He bit clean through his lip, causing it to bleed.

Zuko removed his right hand from the wound but allowed Sokka to continue to grip his left. He watched the other boys painful squirming, his brow furrowed in remorse. "It's painful but it's one of the fastest ways of healing a burn. Most of the pain should be gone now." Zuko's right hand hovered over his own scar unconsciously.

Sokka eyed Zuko wearily as he regained his composure. Wiping the few drops of bloody from his lip he questioned Zuko. "Is that how you healed your scar."

Zuko inhaled sharply dropping his hand to his side. He got to his feet quickly and turning from Sokka, glanced outside their hiding place. "There's a plant that grows in the Fire Nation that is helpful with burn injuries. I'll see if any grows nearby."

"Ok." Sokka pushed himself into a more comfortable position. "Do you think it's safe to go wandering around the forest with those Fire Nation bastards sulking around." Zuko shot him a filthy look. "Present company excepted of course."

"Whatever." Zuko sighed, stepping outside the alcove.

"Hey Zuko!" Sokka called after him, wincing as he leaned forward. "Ow."

"What?" Zuko looked back around a large root, gritting his teeth in impatience.

"Sorry about, the... you know..." Sokka shrugged his shoulders. Zuko furrowed his brow in confusion. "Eh, when I asked about... you know," He gestured to his face. "None of my business... I shouldn't have...you know."

Zuko arched an eyebrow in confused surprise before rolling his eyes skyward at Sokka's babbling. "Whatever." He turned from the younger boy and disappeared into the forest.

About half an hour later Zuko returned bearing what Sokka presumed to be the plant he had been speaking off. It had broad green leaves and small yellow flowers. Zuko sat in front of Sokka once more and began to prepare the plant. He tore the flowers from the steams and simply dropped them out of sight. Next he began to roll the leaves and steams between his hands.

"So, do I have to eat that or something?" Sokka wrinkled his nose.

"No," Zuko inspected the smashed plant in his hands. "Normally it would be crushed in a pestle and mortar to release the juice, but chewing it is just as affective." He explained as he took some of the plant in his mouth, grimacing at the bitter taste.

"What?!" Sokka eyed Zuko wearily. "You're not going to lick it on to me, are you?"

Zuko coughed and wrinkled his nose in disgust. "No! I'm just going to put it on the burn, I can do that with my hands." He opened his mouth and removed a clump of the masticated plant before moving closer to Sokka and raising his hand to Sokka's chest.

"I'm still going to have your spit on me." Sokka looked down at his burnt chest and prodded it gingerly with a finger, wincing slightly when he irritated the skin.

"You can do it yourself if you prefer." Zuko sighed deeply in frustration as he offered Sokka the soggy plant remains. "I've had to heal many burns similar to this though, there's a knack to it."

Sokka sighed, rolling his eyes. "Fine." He looked away from Zuko and pouted in resignation.

Zuko shook his head at the younger boy before inspecting the burn. He traced his finger along the outside of the singed skin observing Sokka's reaction. "Can you feel that?"

Sokka shivered involuntarily at the light touch, blushing furiously. He shifted his position, avoiding Zuko's eyes. "Yeah." His voice was breathy and he coughed to clear his throat before elaborating. "Yes, what...what are you doing?"

Zuko continued to inspect the burn, oblivious to Sokka's discomfort. "I'm making sure there's no nerve damage. Very bad burns destroy the nerves so you can't feel anything." He explained before glancing at Sokka's face. Zuko blinked in confusion. Sokka was blushing furiously and worrying his bottom lip. Zuko observed him quizzically for a few seconds before deciding the other boy was simply strange. Returning his attention to the burn he rolled the broken plant between his thumb and forefinger before lightly dabbing it on the wound. Sokka inhaled sharply but otherwise did not protest. "Is that painful?" Zuko asked, removing another slimy piece of chewed plant from his mouth.

"It's ok." Sokka replied curtly.

Zuko nodded to himself before reaching out to apply some more of the remedy. He tilted his head sideways in order to get a better view. Sokka shifted away from him again. "I know this probably hurts but if you keep backing away I'll never get done." Zuko tried to keep his temper in check.

"Ok." Sokka sat tense against the tree. All of Zuko's light touches were having a decidedly unwanted affect on him.

Zuko sighed at Sokka's stature before placing his left hand on Sokka's shoulder. "Arch you're back a little." He instructed. Sokka complied, trying to ignore the warm presence of Zuko's hand. Looking back to the injury, Zuko once more began to apply the plant material.

Sokka inhaled sharply as Zuko brushed his skin lightly in an effort to spread the chewed leaves over the wound. It stung a little but Zuko's feather light touches were much more distracting. Sokka shut his eyes tight to the various images that assaulted him mind, willing himself to think of something, anything other that the gentle way Zuko was stroking his chest.

Zuko frowned in confusion. From Sokka's constant squirming he assumed he was still hurting Sokka despite how delicately he was touching the injured boy. With a sign he squeezed Sokka's shoulder, not entirely comfortable with the physical contact. "I'm nearly finished."

Sokka whimpered to himself as Zuko squeezed his shoulder. He knew the other boy was only trying to reassure him, but the touch was maddening. He stole a peak at Zuko, who was frowning at the apparent pain he caused. With a sigh, Zuko began to rub his thumb over Sokka's collar bone and up his neck. Sokka shut his eyes and willed his body to ignore everything Zuko was doing. He twisted and contorted the material of his shirt between his fingers. He was simply getting aroused because he was a sixteen year old boy and someone was touching him, he repeated over and over in his mind. It didn't matter that it was Zuko, or that it was a boy, hell, if Momo was running his paws over his chest in a similar fashion some bizarre part of his brain would probably get turned on by that too... He heard Zuko's breathing return to normal and felt the other boy remove his hands. Sokka chewed his lip in frustration, resolutely keeping his eyes closed. He actually missed the feel of Zuko's warm hands against his skin. He pulled tighter on his shirt imagining what those hands could do to him...

Sokka finally opened his eyes. He glanced down at his chest before looking to Zuko. The other boy was sitting much closer than Sokka remembered. He was observing Sokka intently with piercing amber eyes. Sokka's breath quickened under the intense stare. He wanted to get out of there, to go jump in the lake and cool down but he felt trapped. Zuko furrowed his brow in confusion before asking Sokka if he felt alright, licking his bottom lip in the process. Sokka watched the pink tongue trace the outline of Zuko's lip and felt his resolve break. Before there was time for rational thought he lunged at Zuko, clumsily pressing their lips together.

Whatever Zuko thought was wrong he was certainly not expecting Sokka to kiss him. He tried to move backwards in fright but Sokka was too fast for him. Unprepared as he was for such an attack Zuko fell back against the dirt ground, jarring Sokka in the process.

Shocked by the sudden impact, Sokka pulled back from Zuko in horror. He stared down at the other boy, struck dumb. Zuko stared back up at him, his eyes wide with surprise and innocence. The expression left Sokka wondering if Zuko had ever been kissed before. Without a second thought Sokka kissed Zuko again. This time he was more accurate and his lips pressed against Zuko's. The surprise caused Zuko to inhale sharply. Sokka took advantage of Zuko's confusion and ran his tongue along the other boy's lower lip before slipping it inside his mouth. This spurned Zuko into action. His strength remembered, the taller boy flipped Sokka hard onto his back, pinning him to the ground. He grabbed Sokka's arms and held them above his head. "What are you doing?" He demanded angrily.

Sokka stared up at him in horror. What was he doing? He had just jumped the prince of the Fire Nation. "I... I-" He gulped, having no idea how to explain himself.

Zuko sat back slightly before he was jarred from his position. He glanced down at Sokka's crotch before turning to look him in the face. Zuko tensed against Sokka's obvious erection, his eyes wide in shock. "What the-?"

Sokka blushed crimson. "You're straddling me! Straddling! What the hell do you expect?! Especially after you spent the past half hour caressing my chest!"

Zuko blushed in return. "I was not caressing your chest!"

"Well it felt like caressing to me."

Zuko glared down at Sokka, unsure how to proceed. He didn't want to get off the other boy in case he came at him again. Nor was he particularly comfortable sitting atop him considering Sokka's aroused state. The whole situation had him completely off balance. With his banishment he rarely had thoughts to spare on sex and relationships, particularly not with other boys. He stared down at Sokka. The other boy was flushed, his lower lip red and swollen from where he had bitten it. His eyes were wide, his pupils dilated with lust. Zuko felt a thrill of excitement seeing how he was affecting the other boy. His eyes ran over Sokka's chest. The younger boy was leaner than him, his stomach flat and hips slim. Zuko's eyes flickered to where his hands held Sokka's wrists. He noticed for the first time the great contrast in their skin colours, noticed the warm tan of Sokka's pinned arms against his translucent skin. Looking back to Sokka's face, he loosened his grip on the other boy's arms. He felt light headed, the feeling of having evoked such a reaction in the other boy, unintentionally even, was intoxicating. A part of him wanted to give into that feeling, to see just what Sokka would let him do, but his rational mind screamed at him, insisting that what he was considering was insane and could never happen.

Sokka observed Zuko shrewdly, noting how the older boy's eyes racked his body. He saw the shocked, angry look leave Zuko's eyes to be replaced by confusion and he suspected desire. He relaxed a little when Zuko released his grip on Sokka's wrists, but did not move, deciding to see if the other boy would make the first move. Zuko resolutely hovered above him, coming no closer nor moving away. It was maddening. The presence of Zuko pressed against him, of his crotch pressed right against Sokka's erection was almost more than the he could bare. Sokka knew he should just push Zuko off him, that he should run away from this and pretend it never happened but, oh, how he wished Zuko would do something, anything, rather than remain suspended above him.

Sokka found himself pushing his lips lightly against Zuko's once more, and considered briefly if he had impulse control problems. Sokka felt Zuko's grip tighten on his wrists slightly, felt Zuko inhale sharply but he did not reciprocate the kiss. After a beat Sokka let his head drop back to the ground and looked back up at Zuko. His cheeks were flushed and his eyes once more betrayed his confusion but he had lost the shocked anger from their previous kiss.

"Do you want me to stop?" Sokka swallowed, wanting nothing more than to push himself on Zuko and not bother with any more lines of questioning.

Zuko seemed to consider the question for a second before he lowered his lips to Sokka's and kissed his feverishly. Whimpering in relief Sokka leaned into the kiss. He ran his tongue along Zuko's lips, thrilling when the other boy opened his mouth to permit him entry. Zuko groaned into Sokka's mouth, his body unconsciously pressing him onto the dirt floor. In response Sokka pushed up against Zuko, feeling a flush of excitement engulf his body and centre on his groin. He wriggled his hands free and gripped tightly at Zuko's back, running his hands over the smooth muscle he found there. Zuko loudly gasped in response and Sokka thought it likely the other boy was not all that used to human contact.

Using Zuko's momentary loss of concentration against him, Sokka flipped the other boy onto his back. He snaked his hands down Zuko's chest before resuming his assault on the older teen's mouth. The light, teasing touches caused Zuko to squirm against him and abruptly he torn his mouth from Sokka to pant heavily against the tanned neck. Smiling wickedly Sokka ran his tongue up Zuko's neck, chuckling to himself as Zuko squeezed his eyes shut and bit down hard on his lips. He continued licking and sucking on Zuko's neck as his hand worked it's way down to the drawstring of Zuko's trousers. His eyes firmly on Zuko's face, Sokka paused before lightly cupping Zuko's crotch. Zuko called out hoarsely, arching up to the touch, Sokka feeling his own cock twitch in response. Sokka gasped himself, when he felt Zuko's hands grip lightly at his hips. They trembled slightly as Zuko stroked across the jutting hip bones. Sokka closed his eyes in anticipation, his cock aching to be touched, but Zuko's hand continued to hang lightly in place. Opening his eyes, Sokka looked to Zuko, wondering on the delay. The older boy was staring up at him, anxiety and apprehension in his eyes. Removing his own hand from Zuko's crotch, Sokka kissed Zuko once more. He felt the other boy relax against him before he slowly ran his hand down Zuko's arm, stopping at his wrist. Slowly and deliberately he moved Zuko's hand so that it was cupping his own crotch, moaning loudly at the contact.

His own hand fell away as Zuko lightly traced Sokka's burning erection through the thin material of his trousers. "Fuck!" He gasped, pushing his crotch into Zuko's hand. He felt Zuko snort in amusement before looking at him, intending to chastise him for finding this funny. Zuko smirked up at him before encircling Sokka's cock in his hand and stroking it firmly. "Oh fuck!" Sokka collapsed against him, his head coming to rest against Zuko's neck. Determined not to be outdone, Sokka ran his hand against the inside of Zuko's thigh, smiling as he elicited a groan from the other boy. In response, Zuko slipped his hand inside Sokka's trousers and began to stroke Sokka's cock directly.

"Shit. Fuck." Sokka squirmed against Zuko, his own retaliation forgotten momentarily. He began to undo the draw strings on Zuko's trousers and slowly slid them down as far as he possibly could without dislodging the hand firmly stroking his aching cock. Once more he ran his hand up the inside of Zuko's thigh, feeling the skin tremble in his wake. Lightly he ghosted his fingers against Zuko's balls, delighting when Zuko moaned loudly in response. He felt Zuko's stroking of his own erection speed up as he began tracing his finger up and down Zuko's cock, hoping to make the other boy call out. He teased Zuko relentlessly as the other boy squirmed against him. He tried to ignore the gathering tension in his own crotch as he watched Zuko bite down on his lips and squeeze his eyes shut tightly.

Over and over he ran his finger over Zuko's straining cock, before Zuko finally broke. "Please." The other boy groaned and Sokka felt his own cock thrill in response. Falling against Zuko he began to stroke the other boy's cock, finally paying full attention to Zuko's ministrations on his own erection. He tongued Zuko's neck as the other boy squirmed and moaned against him. He could feel his orgasm building as Zuko stroked faster.

With a cry he felt Zuko come, the other boy splashing his seed across their stomachs. He looked up to watch Zuko's face as the other boy came, feeling more turned on than he had ever been as he watched the prince on the Fire Nation orgasm. Zuko's face was flushed, his eyes still firmly shut. He came with his mouth open, a desperate cry on his lips. Sokka leaned up to savagely claim Zuko's mouth as the older boy rode out the waves of his orgasm. Zuko returned the kiss with equal passion continuing to moan desperately into Sokka's mouth. It was enough to push Sokka over the edge. With a great cry, he felt himself come, his own body convulsion against Zuko's.


---------- ---------- ---------- ---------- ----------


Zuko woke a few hours later. It took a few seconds before he realised where he actually was. As his eyes adjusted to the dim light he became aware of a heavy weight lying across his right side. Lifting his head off the ground as much as possible he looked down to find Sokka snoring quietly against his chest. Zuko blushed crimson as the memories of how he came to be like this came flooding back. He dropped his head back against the ground cursing himself. How on earth did he let this happen? He grimaced as he became aware of a wet, sticky substance caught between them and blushed even more. He had to get out of there. As quick and quietly as possible, he began to extricate himself from beneath the other boy, sneering in disgust as Sokka left a large pile of drool on his chest.

With shaking hands he pulled his trousers back up and began to tie the drawstrings, wincing as the wet strings stuck to his fingers. Standing up quickly, he smoothed his clothes before glancing down at Sokka. He was lying in what looked to be the most uncomfortable position imaginable. His face was pressed into the ground with both his arms somehow trapped beneath him. Zuko could see his trousers too were pushed down quite far but turned away before his eyes trailed further.

He exited their hiding place and began to run in the direction of the lake. Once by the lake shore he fell to his knees and pulled off his shirt. Holding it out before him, he frowned at the stains covering it. With a snarl he thrust it into the water and began scrubbing as best he could. Once satisfied he had done his best with his shirt he began to wash his arms and face. He scrubbed especially hard at his neck, remembering the pleasurable feel of Sokka's tongue against it. He felt his body react to the memories and so to end that train of thought he dove into the freezing lake. He rose to the surface gasping for breath. Once more he began to clean his body. He cleaned his stomach of all evidence before he was fully satisfied that he was clean.

Sighing, he got out of the water and knelt down to wring out his shirt.

"Zuko"

Zuko tensed as Sokka addressed him. Resolutely keeping his back to the other boy, he answered gruffly. "What?"

He could hear Sokka's sharp intake of breath. "I was wondering what happened to you."

Zuko turned to face Sokka. He was in a state of disarray. His shirt was burned and hanging off him and his pants were badly stained. "You should clean yourself, Sokka." Zuko's tone was harsh and biting.

Sokka stood motionless staring at him. Every muscle in his body seemed tense and he was once more worrying his injured lip. Zuko stared back at him for a second before turning to walk away.

Sokka moved fast and grabbed him by the wrist. "Zuko, I-"

Zuko kicked him hard behind the knees causing Sokka to fall roughly onto his back. Before he could proceed further, however, a great mountain of rocks burst from the earth. Zuko just had time to shield his face before they enveloped him and sent him crashing into a large boulder behind him.
Sign up to rate and review this story