Categories > Anime/Manga > Fruits Basket > Cat of The Zodiac: Kyou Sohma

Chapter 3: The Talk with Yuki

by spiralred 1 review

"You never realized how good you had it, having forgotten."

Category: Fruits Basket - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst - Characters: Kyo, Yuki - Warnings: [!] [?] [R] [V] - Published: 2005-08-05 - Updated: 2005-08-05 - 855 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer; I do not own Fruits Basket.

Chapter 3; The Talk With Yuki

knock, knock

The door opened.

"Let me in kuso nezumi."

"Why?"

"I need to talk to you."

"About what happened at dinner?"

"Sorta, not exactly, it's kinda hard to say, it's . . . uh . . . embarrassing. First I want to say I'm sorry. I'm sorry for all the hard times gave you, for all the arguing, for the fighting, and I'm especially sorry for teasing you about Akito."

Yuki stared at Kyou with sort of a confused look on his face.

"What brought about this?"

"Could you unbutton your shirt a bit, let me se your back."

"Why?!"

"I'll tell you in a second."

"This better not be a trap, or some kind of game."

"Just do it."

Yuki hesitantly unbuttoned his shirt and let it fall back over his shoulders, the sleeves falling past his elbows, revealing his upper back.

To Kyou's dismay, his back was smooth, unmarked. Kyou's eyes roamed frantically over the pale skin, looking for the scar. There was none.

Kyou turned away, confused, he was sure that Yuki would have one, the mark, the same mark that Akito had given him.

Meanwhile Yuki had put his shirt back on.

"So what were you looking for baka neko?"

"Nothing. Forget it."

"You've been moping around the house, depressed, for the past two weeks, today you finally cheer up after talking with Tohru about something, then you ask me to help you find a cure for the curse, and now you've come to my room saying you need to talk to me, asked to see my back and you won't tell me why! Something has happened, tell me what it is."

"It's . . . it's not important anymore."

"Do I need to beat it out of you?"

"Alright." Kyou sighed. He removed his shirt." I was looking for this mark."

Yuki was speechless.

"I just assumed you had one too."

"Kyou, how? When?"

"One night when I was little, real little, before I started living with Kazuma. I just thought that since you were so afraid of Akito, that since you were kept near him, the same thing had happened to you."

"It did."

"What?"

"I do have one, a scar."

Yuki turned to face away from Kyou and lifted the edge of his shirt. There, on the small of his back, just above the waist of his pants, AKITO had been carved into the skin, similarly as it had been written on Kyou.

"If yours happened when you were younger, why is it healing again? There's a scab."

"It opened again during my transformation. Why is yours so deep?"

" Each time it healed Akito would cut it open again. Why did you say those things about me using Shigure to hide from Akito?"

"The truth. I was mean, and stupid, and I hadn't remembered that it had happened to me. It wasn't until Kazuma made me transform that I remembered."

"I don't understand."

"The only time I was in 'true' form that long before was when my mother took me to see Akito. After that night I made myself forget what had happened with Akito, but when I transformed I remembered how it had felt the first time and I remembered what Akito had done to me."

" . . ."

"I was so stupid. For so long I was jealous of you being a part of the zodiac, of everyone being so amazed and impressed by the rat. I thought you had something I didn't and I wanted so badly to be you for it. I wanted to be the one who was looked up to and put on a pedestal, I was so stupid, I even wanted the same attention you were given by Akito . . "

"And how does it feel now that you realize you had it?"

"Horrible." but also foolishly good, because I found out I had some of what I envied, I found out I was more like you.

"You never realized how good you had it, having forgotten. I always admired how you fit in, how you could be so comfortable and open with normal people and how I could only ever become close to other cursed Sohma, and even then I couldn't open up completely. I was jealous that you cold live happily while night after night I dreamt of him. Nightmares of him on me, in me, controlling me, memories of all the days I was locked in that room, I wanted to forget, I wanted to be outcaste like you, so that he would never want to touch me again."

"I guess we were more alike than we thought."

"I guess so."

There were more questions to be asked, but for the moment the two had come to an understanding.

Maybe Tohru was right, maybe talking to each other can bring us closer together.

For the first time in four days Kyou slept soundly.











A/N; Too cute Yuki and Kyou taking off their shirts, sharing scars . . .(aww)
Actually I hope it's not that cute, stay tuned, the next chapter is going to be 'action' packed. Till next time minna-san.
Sign up to rate and review this story