Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My enigma

My enigma

by Dyakatte 3 reviews

Someone watches gerard while he gets ready for a show. I know, I suck at summaries. My first fic here so please R&R!!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2006-12-24 - Updated: 2006-12-24 - 750 words - Complete

1Moving
Disclaimer: Well, I would own Gerard and co but you see dear readers, that is called slavery and is actually illegal. So basically I own nothing.

A/N: This is basically just something I came up with in an exam and being the strange person that I am, I decided to put it up here so enjoy people!!!

Frankie: Will you just get on with the story already!
Dya: Do you want another round with super bob?
Frankie: NO! I'm still having nightmares about that.
Dya: Where is he anyway?
Frankie: He just jumped out of the window again.



The music flows through us, a channel for our world. Or your world at least. I always wondered what kind of creature gave us the music we gave to the world. I used to think it was a vampire, but now, now I'm not so sure. I know that they walk in front of me, taunting me like an enigma.
Just like you.

I had always though of you as my friend, kind, friendly Gerard, always the one to make us smile and drag us back up when we were so far down the way out was just a tiny speck in the distant ceiling of our world.

Then when we finally hit the big time, when my chemical romance broke into the mainstream, everything changed. We were mobbed by screaming fans everywhere we went, I felt like we should employ a whole security force at times to stop them from mobbing us. That's stupid though, we asked for this and to deny the fans a chance to meet the people who they idolise would be unthinkable.

You changed. There was still flashes of the old Gerard there, you still liked to draw, sealing yourself in the strange world none of us dared to touch. We were just people on the outside of the bell jar, looking in on what we could never have.
But there was something that changed inside you, you looked, well, LOST, as if there was something missing that you wanted but couldn't have.

I'm writing this on my own now, you all teased me for having a diary, if you could only know what I wrote. You swear as you drop the tiny pot of white make-up you were trying to open, while carrying almost the entire contents of your suitcase around with you.

You look at me grinning and for a moment I'm lost in those emerald eyes. I hand you the pot of make-up and turn away, ignoring the puzzled look on your face. You turned around to the mirror and let silence resume. Looking up, I watch as you become slowly more macabre, the famous bar across the eyes looks out of place with your newly white-blond hair. I wish I could show you the life we could have together, I could make you so happy. My heart is ripped up as I'm forced to carry on every day as normal.

I blink, forcing myself not to cry. You seem so ethereal, almost ghostly in the twilight. Inside and out, you look like an enigma. I wish I could see the real you Gerard, why don't you let anyone in?

I'm brought crashing back down to reality by your voice, I try vainly to remember what you just said. I glance at you and stare, shocked. You have the usual bar, but at the sides there is a myriad of elaborate swirls.

"What do you think?" he asked. "Do you like it?"
I nod, returning to my journal.
You touched your face tentatively.
"Do you think the fans will like it?"

I nod again, walking out the door. Outside I collapse, I can hear you calling me but I'm too busy crying to care. You come after me but get mobbed by the fan girls that have been waiting for you since the arena doors opened. I can see you scanning the crowds for me. I'm just the shadow hidden by the fans. I know I'll have to face you later but for now I'm content to have my wonderful torture.

You may love the fans Gerard but I know I will always love you.
That's why I can never let you know.

Frankie: Kay...Superbob's back in his cell.
Dya: Why did I think superhero MCR muses were a good idea?
Frankie: Can I say hi to the readers? HI!!!!!!!
Dya: AWWW...what went wrong when my mind created you?
Frankie: HEY!

Sign up to rate and review this story