Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Could Be Taking You There With Me

Mama, I Fell In Love Again

by moocow 12 reviews

I have a song stuck in my head. "14 people in the club, IMA robot with no love" --- I love Travi in this chapter. "SHORTY!"

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2006-12-26 - Updated: 2006-12-26 - 3345 words

5Exciting
My hand pushed against the large wooden door, my other occupied with keeping Evie close to me as we walked through the seemingly never ending hallway. Her eyes stayed curious as she looked at the records lining the walls, indicating the bands that had recorded here and been successful.

"What is this place?" she asked. I glanced down at her.

"This is just the temporary recording studio for Decaydance," her eyebrow raised.

"Huh?" she asked.

I stopped in place and moved my hands to the hem of my shirt, lightly lifting it up. Her eyes widened slightly and I laughed at her expression.

"My record label," she grew curious as she guided her eyes back up to my face.

"Well somebody's an over achiever," I scoffed and dropped my shirt, lacing our fingers and pulling her down the hall to the back studio.

"Are you guys recording?" she asked. I looked down at her again.

"No. Patrick's just providing vocal tracks for one of our first bands on this label," her eyes lit up.

"I love hearing Patty Cakes sing," she paused, looking at the closed door. "I'm nervous and excited at the same time," she whispered.

I held her hand tighter before curling my hand around the handle and pulling it open. There was another slight hallway before the two people on the small couch looked in our direction.

Evie's eyes lit up and her hand broke from mine before she ran ahead to let Joe scoop her up into a twirling hug.

"Squishy!" she shrieked.

I came into view next and saw Patrick sitting at the mix table, Travi in the sound booth. Patrick's eyes widened at the sight as I tucked my hands into my pockets, feeling quite embarrassed and bashful at the same time.

Travi exited the booth and walked over to me, sideways hugging me. Joe broke away from Evie and rested his hands on her sides as he held her at arms length.

"Wow," he breathed, looking down at her. "You're a lot bigger now,"

Evie laughed nervously before looking over his shoulder and at Andy who was picking himself off the couch. Joe moved for her as they embraced and I felt the slightest pang of jealousy run through me.

I mean, they had a past.

Travi lightly laughed as my face contorted into a wince as Andy kissed her temple, her arms tightening around his shoulders before they pulled away. Evie turned towards Patrick who shook his head before standing up and holding her face in his hands.

"My god Ev," he started.

He kicked me right out of the spot of best friend long ago.

She smiled brightly, a soft laugh escaping her lips. Patrick kissed her forehead before wrapping his arms around her shoulders, rocking her back and forth slightly. He looked over at me before shaking his head again.

"You are one son of a bitch," he stated.

Travi stared at Evie for a moment before looking back at me.

"OH man!" he yelled over everybody, walking over to Evie. He wrapped her up in a hug as well. "The infamous Evie," he started.

She raised an eyebrow.

"Infamous?" she asked.

Travi smiled.

"You wouldn't think they'd forget about you, now do you?" he asked.

I smiled to myself as Evie glanced over at me.

She shook her head.

"And you are?" she asked.

Travi shook his head.

"Travis, or Travi," he paused. "That's not important," he laughed. "You're Evie. Pete's shorty,"

Evie raised an eyebrow.

"Shorty?" she asked. Travi nodded.

"You know,"

Evie's face turned a shade of pink and I laughed to myself as the other guys shook their heads, lightly smirking.

"Ummm," Travi turned to me.

"Look at that Pete, she's embarrassed,"

I pretended to frown and Evie nervously laughed. Travi rested a hand on her stomach before rubbing it slightly.

"Hey," I started. Travi just shook his head.

"Looks like Pete's been keeping himself busy,"

Evie bit her lip before forcing a smile. I decided it was time to go and locked eyes with Evie. She forced a pained expression, landing her hands on her stomach.

"Owww," she hissed and I rushed over, holding her against me.

"You ok?" I asked.

Evie winked inconspicuously before taking a rushed breath, her eyes closing in pain.

"Major pregnancy cramp," she hissed before groaning and clutching my shoulders.

I looked up at the guys.

"I know we just got here but,"

Patrick patted my back and helped Evie up into a standing position, leaning against me for support. Sure, we were acting, but she was closer than I would have thought.

I guess they were all assuming we were together again.

"Go," he whispered before I smiled and nodded, leading Evie out.

"That got awkward," she mumbled and I frowned, lowering my head.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

Her hand curled around my own and I looked up at her.

"What?" I asked.

Evie smiled.

"I want to go visit Hemmingway and cuddle with him on my bed," I smiled to myself.

I was going to make this visit worth while.

----------

The house smelt strongly of food. Home cooked food. Mama Wentz food. My stomach grumbled at the thought of the best food in all of Chicago touching my tongue and erupting my taste buds with delight. Evie rubbed her hands over her stomach and grinned.

"We're hungry,"

I grabbed her hand and laced her fingers with mine. She gripped tightly as we entered the kitchen where Mama was cooking up a storm over the stove.

"I'm home!" I announced, pulling a stool out for Evie at the kitchen island before taking a seat of my own.

She pulled some corn bread out of the oven and tossed her oven mittens onto the counter. Evie beamed with her smile as mama turned around.

"Peter Lewis, where on earth have you-" she stopped mid-sentence as her eyes fell on Evie.

She slightly gasped and rushed over towards her and embracing her into a giant bear hug.

I felt neglected.

I mean, I was gone for four days.

"Oh my, you've gotten so beautiful," she looked down at her stomach. "And pregnant! Where have you been darling?" she said, holding her back by her shoulders and examining her. Her eyes grew exceptionally big at her stomach.

I felt my face flush.

"In Arizona, with my dad," she replied. "Pete kidnapped me back here for a few days."

Mom looked over Evie's shoulder and at me with one of those 'oh-no-you-didn't-Peter' faces I had used to receive a lot in my teens. I stared back innocently and shrugged.

She let Evie go and came over to me, giving me my own hug. No matter how old I get, I can still snuggle up to her and feel young again.

"Are you keeping my boy in check Evie?" she patted my cheek draped her arms around my shoulders. Evie and I nodded together.

"As always Mama Wentz," she laughed.

No matter how long Evie stays away from the Wentz household, she will always be loved my by my mother.

I mentally added that to my list of why Evie is so amazing.

She moved back to the refrigerator and poured some orange juice in two tall glasses, then brought them over to us. I took a sip, as Evie took a gulp. Mama shook her head and continued to smile.

"So what's going on here?" she pointed to Evie's stomach.

Evie's eyes shot over to me, and I set down my glass quickly.

"She's pregnant Ma." She rolled her eyes and Evie flushed red.

"I can see that Peter. Who's the lucky father?" I picked up my glass and started to take larger drinks.

I needed to fill my mouth to avoid the subject.

Evie twisted in the spinning stool, biting her lip.

That's when the conversation became awkward.

I continued to slurp my drink.

"Oh no, don't tell me," she paused for a second, "don't tell me that you're the father Peter."

I choked on my orange juice, and spit some up on the counter. Mama's eyes were huge and bug eyed at me, and I could feel Evie's embarrassment next to me.

The room stayed silent for a few more seconds.

"Uh, Evie, why don't you freshen up for dinner?" I suggested, motioning with my head to go upstairs.

She nodded, getting my message and left. As soon as the click of the door was heard, Mama pointed her ladle at me.

"Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz the Third, don't lie to me."

Oh, she pulled the full name card.

I was in trouble.

"I, uh, well,"

I truly wanted to explain to her the situation, but my vocabulary seemed to slip away from me. Her foot tapped on the tile, waiting.

"Peter..." she came over to me and sat in the stool Evie was in a few minutes ago. "What's going on?"

I exhaled loudly.

It was do or die.

Now or never.

"Well, you see, I got Evie pregnant," she gasped, gripping her ladle in her lap, I bounced my leg nervously. "And, uhm, well-"

"Wait a second," she cut me off, "is that why she went back to Arizona?"

"Partly." I played with my hair a little. "I uh, kind of, pushed her away."

"What?" her face was dumbfounded, I felt instant guilt.

That guilt you can only get from letting down your mother.

"I know, I know, but I'm making things right," I said, trying to make the situation sound less... douche-y.

She shook her head and grabbed my hands.

"I don't think you're ready for that kind of responsibility Peter."

I pulled my hands back. "I'm not fifteen mom," I reminded her.

She reached back and grabbed my hands.

I knew what she was thinking.

That this was a complete disaster. That this was going to end up as another mistake.

I shook my head at my thoughts.

This kid will not be a mistake.

"Peter, as your mother, I still have the right to advise you," I nodded, "and I don't think your ready," my mouth opened to counter what she was saying but she shushed me and continued, "but as your mother, I support your decision."

I felt the weight on my chest lift and I could breathe normally again. She smiled at me.

"Just make sure they call me Nana instead of grandma," she laughed.

It seemed as though no matter how much I proved to be a fuck-up, my mommy loved me.

----------

When I returned up to my room, I found Evie all snuggled up on her side, Hemmingway stretched out next to her, his face in his paws. I'm a sucker for this, I'll tell you that much.

I closed the door and stepped over the multiple piles of junk before taking a seat by her legs and patting Hemmingway myself. Evie lightly laughed at my burnt expression.

"Did mama Wentz unleash a lecture?" she asked.

I nervously laughed before skewing my mouth to one side, focusing on the small charm bracelet on her wrist.

"It's kinda hard to tell your mother that," I paused to glance up at her. She moved her hand to prop her head up, eyes turning curious.

"What?" she asked.

I sighed, embarrassed as all hell.

"That the one girl that you loved, you left while she was pregnant," I slowly looked up with my lip wedged in my mouth to find her expression unharmed.

"There have been others, Pete," she whispered.

I shook my head, placing my hand over hers.

"Not this genuine,"

Her eyes lowered to where our hands were over Hemmingway's sleeping body before a small sigh escaped her lips and she lowered her head back onto the propped up pillow. I shifted my body up until Hemmingway prevented me to, due to his size.

"What are we going to do?" her voice was soft and etched with worry.

Evie sighed before opening her eyes to find me hunched over, trying to see her face. She moved slightly, pulling Hemmingway with her.

He grunted and moved himself, lying himself down near her feet. I smiled and elongated my body against hers, leaving my hand up to prop my head. I glanced down at her as her eyes burned into my own.

"I think we have approval," I whispered to her.

Evie smiled to the best of the situation as her head snuggled into the pillow.

"Poor kid," she mumbled, running a hand over her stomach. I frowned and copied her, my hand enveloped in warmth.

"Evie," I called and waited for her to look up.

"What?" she asked and I lightly sighed.

"As long as we believe in each other baby will be ok,"

I think I didn't help.

Her expression stayed paranoid as she looked back down at the growing baby bump.

"You don't know anything about me," she whispered.

I pushed a strand of hair away from her cheek with my free hand.

"Then tell me," I whispered and rested my hand near hers.

Evie seemed surprised by how quick I was to respond before taking a deep breath, nodding slowly and starting.

"If my dad isn't keeping any more secrets from me," she paused to smile with me. "I am the youngest Wenz, by like, 4 minutes," I watched as a small laugh left her lips.

I pushed more hair away.

"Apparently because I ripped my mom," I had to cut her off.

"You ripped her?" I asked.

A small blush came to her cheeks.

"Beverly and my mom never let me live it down,"

I laughed and she lightly smacked at my arm before leaving it there.

"Go on," I whispered and rested my hand on her waist.

She didn't even notice.

"I grew up pretty normal until I was eight, when my parents got divorced," she paused and sighed. "Dad tells me that it's around the time he found out about Ryan,"

Her eyes locked with mine and I couldn't help but wonder.

"I'm assuming he wasn't as planned out as he would have liked," Evie bit her lip, nodding as she glanced down at her stomach that somehow kept us separated.

"Sometimes I over-worry myself, thinking I'm going to end up a wreck like my mom," I hushed her and moved more hair, calming her down.

"Baby," she took another breath, re-opening her eyes.

"You know everything up to this point, Pete," she whispered.

I shook my head.

"I don't know anything about Ryan, Bobby or Jenn," I paused. "Or how Izzy's been," Evie bit her lip.

"Ryan and Bobby are in a band together and when I first moved back, they were the fist to worry about me," she paused. "And I'm a sucker for people who care,"

Her voice lowered as she locked eyes with me. I kept it as my heart stung with realization. I pet the side of her face again.

"Ev," I started.

She shook her head and continued, her eyes low, not wanting to bruise my ego any more.

"Bobby was just going out of his way to make sure this baby," she ran a hand over the top of the bump. "Came out alright and in a good environment,"

I bit my lip as she raised her eyes back up to my face.

"What about the girls of your life?" Evie laughed lightly.

"Jenn's always there too, she's quiet most of the time, but she really knows how to make Ryan happy and keep me company," I knitted my eyebrows together.

"What happened to Izzy?" I asked. Evie seemed to be tearing up. "What?" I whispered in a lower voice.

She took a deep breath.

"She...she went back to England for a while ever since..." I pursed my lips together.

"What?" I repeated.

Her breath shuttered.

"Ever since she finally realized she was scared of having a baby," I widened my eyes.

"Wait, what?"

I seemed to be a broken record lately.

Evie bit her lip.

"Izzy's pregnant, Pete,"

I frowned and my heart went out to a certain hat clad friend.

"She...moved on," I whispered.

Evie stared at me for a moment before slowly shaking her head. My eyes widened even bigger.

"You mean..." Evie gulped.

"You aren't the only Fall Out Boy that's gonna be a dad," I laughed at her small joke before moving to reach for my phone that was behind me on the night stand. Evie stopped me.

"What?" I asked.

Ha.

She frowned.

"Izzy went back home because she didn't want Patrick to know," I blinked.

"Is she ever coming back?" I asked. Evie shrugged.

"She didn't say," she whispered.

I sighed again and laid my head down on the pillow next to her head.

There was so much silence for a long time, her eyes closed without sleep as my own danced across her face, trying to burn the perfections and imperfections in my mind before she jumped on a plane again and left me here with only memories.

She sighed lightly, her warm breath circling around my neck. I slightly moved closer to her, as far as her growing baby bump would let me. Her eyes fluttered open again and I rested my hand on her cheek again.

"I'm..." I paused to find her expression showing something I missed.

Adoration.

This was the time.

"I'm always going to be grateful for the fact you let me...get this close again," Her smile was soft, lips only slightly curving up.

I nervously licked my lips before bringing her face closer and watching as her eyes fluttered closed. I had her now and nothing would stop me.

Except for baby.

Evie's head jerked back as her hands retreated to her stomach with a pained expression on her face. I lifted myself up as she rolled over onto her back, slightly sitting up as well.

"Ev!" I paused, resting a hand over hers. "Wha..." I took a nervous breath. Evie shook her head as her breathing turned ragged.

"I...I don't think he's kicking," she managed out and moved her arms around me as I helped her out of bed.

"What do you...?" She tried her best to shrug.

"I don't know what it is Pete, but it hurts like a mother fucker," I felt my eyes stinging with fear.

"Just don't die on me, Wenz,"

Even through pain, a small smile came to her lips as her leg lightly lifted to kick my shin.

"Don't cry on me, Wentz," I smiled to myself before pulling the door open and yelling down the stairs.

"Mom! I know you might hate me right now, but unless you want a grandson, you better get the car ready!"

Evie smirked into my neck as she lifted up her legs so I could carry her bridal style.

"Stop being Superman, Pete," she whispered.

I held her body closer as I moved down the stairs as quickly as possible.

"I wouldn't dare mess with gravity," I had to keep her in a light mood. I shivered though as her lips met my neck.

"I'm sorry," she whispered.

I was going to see what she was talking about when her arms went limp around my neck and her hand fell from my cheek to her chest. I took a deep breath again as my mom came into view.

"I don't care what you think anymore, ma," I paused, looking down at Evie as things in the Wentz house went hectic. "I need this baby, and right now I'm frightened I might not get the chance,"

My eyes swelled up with tears again and I lifted Evie higher as the weakness started to spread through my heart. My mom came closer to us as my dad started opening the front door.

"Oh baby," she whispered.

I shook my head and started to move around her.

"We don't have time mom," I whispered back, moving through the doorway before glancing back down at Evie. "We're two months short,"
Sign up to rate and review this story