Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > For the World to Begin Again

Coward

by shiina 0 reviews

A hundred drabbles based in, after, or around time-skip. Will contain spoilers. Various pairings and settings. Requests accepted. [95 drabbles to 100] [Rated for Language]

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Kakashi, Naruto, Obito, Sakura, Sasuke - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-12-27 - Updated: 2006-12-27 - 270 words

1Moving
Word Count: 242
Warning: Spoilers
Characters: Kakashi, mentions of Sakura and Naruto, hints of Sasuke
Pairings: Team7, SakuNaru, Team Kakashi, NaruKakaSaku


/xxx/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kakashi knows that he's failed (badly, terribly, inexcusably) and he knows that he shouldn't be forgiven (but still hopes to all the same).

He knows that he should fix things and watches from the sidelines as Sakura slowly falls apart only to pick herself up ten times faster when Naruto calls her name.

He knows that he should hold out a hand to Naruto who is fighting so, so hard in a battle that's all his own and that no one can really touch (he wants to though, wants to help Naruto get back his team, family, friends).

He knows that he should, he really does, but he can't.

He wants them to turn to him and hold out their hands, smiles in place and calling "Kakashi-sensei" while yelling at him for being late, just like they used to.

He wants to pat Naruto on the head and tell Sakura that he's proud of her so that they can be a family (and the hole would be there, always be there) but he can't, he just can't because he's just done too much wrong and they'd never (shouldn't) forgive him. (He knows they will, because that's who they are, and both of them are too damned stubborn and all of them are still desperately clinging to the hope that they'll be a team again, so really that's no excuse.)

Obito would have called him a coward and for once Hatake Kakashi would have had to agree with him.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

xxx
Sign up to rate and review this story