Categories > Original > Fantasy > Tales of Fate: The Journey Begins

Tales of Fate: The Journey Begins

by Demonic_Angel 0 reviews

This tells how Merric took over the Kingdom of Noland.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2006-12-29 - Updated: 2006-12-30 - 299 words

0Unrated
Screams echoed all through the halls of the palace. King Marduk looked at his wife, Queen Yuna, on his left. His son was missing and his whole life began to fall apart around him. Some of the palace guards, his own soldiers, had risen up against him in a bloody revolt, led by his own brother, Merric!



"Tell me our son is alright. Please Marduk, I need to hear you say it!" Queen Yuna said.



"He's fine, Yuna. After all, he IS our son." I just wish I was as sure as I sound, King Marduk thought to himself.



"I'm afraid you're wrong, dear brother," Merric said as he entered the room, sword in hand. "We haven't found him yet, but I assure you, when we do, he'll join you in death. Ahh, how long has it been, brother? Seven years? Ten years? So THIS is what they call a heart-warming family reunion.



"Why are you doing this? Is it because father made me his successor?"



"Father? Ha! I have no father. I just don't like you, that's all."



Merric snapped his fingers and guards grabbed ahold of King Marduk and Queen Yuna. Then Merric raised his sword. With a flash of blood-stained steel, Marduk's head fell from his body to the floor. Queen Yuna screamed as she looked at the head of her beloved husband, starring, unseeing, at her from the pool of blood on the floor. Then everything went black.



As her head met her husband's on the floor, Merric picked up the crown and sat on the throne.



"And now, I am the King of Noland!" Merric shrieked.


****



Two weeks later, a boy in blood-stained clothes, walked into the royal capital of the Kingdom of Ennis.



"He'll pay! Mom, Dad, I swear he'll pay!" he whispered.
Sign up to rate and review this story