Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Homesick at Spacecamp

Chapter Eighteen: And when it all goes to hell, will you be able to tell me you're sorry with a straight face?

by prettypoizon 14 reviews

They were the best of friends, and nothing could come between them. Exept a major record deal, missed phone calls and lost letters. Emily moved on with her life, not realizing her old friends were ...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2006-12-30 - Updated: 2006-12-31 - 1157 words

5Exciting
THE END.

Emily practically had to drag Evie down the narrow venue hallway.
"I really don't know if this is a good idea...they have a show to play in forty five minutes, I mean...."
"Would you just shut up? This is what you both want, and what Patrick needs to hear "
Evie shook her head and rolled her eyes.
"You're crazy, you know that?"
Emily ignored her. Finally they came to the dressing room door, and Emily knocked, praying Pete wouldn't be in there. Joe answered the door.
"Emily What are you...hey, what the fuck are you wearing...?"
Evie tried to step forward, but Emily shoved her aside so that no one in the room could see her. Evie looked ready to scream, but she kept her mouth shut.
"We don't have much time. Just let me in." Emily said swiftly, and she stepped past Joe without an invitation.
"Emily!" Patrick cried, "Hey, isn't that my shirt-?"
"Yes, yes, Patrick, There's someone here who wants to see you."
Andy turned around now; frowning. Pete, luckily, was not in the room. Patrick looked slightly pale.
"Um...okay...who?"
Emily didn't even have to call her name; Evie stepped into the room, looking awkward Patrick gasped.
"Evie!Hi! I, uh, I haven't seen you around in a while..."
Evie bit her lip and smiled shyly.
"Hi, Patrick." she said softly.
Joe and Andy said nothing, they just threw Emily a peculiar glance. Emily stepped aside, taking Andy and Joe each by the hand and leading them out of the way.
Patrick and Evie were now staring at each other, five feet apart.
"I love you." Evie finally uttered, her voice barely above a whisper. Patrick simply stared, for one long, agonizing minute in which time seemed to stand still. Then, he took a deep breath, and whispered;
"I love you, too."
Emily sighed with relief; she had fixed things. They would kiss, make up, everything would be wonderful.
"But..."
Emily froze. But? There can't be any buts
"...it's been a long time, Ev. A looong time."
"I know." Evie shrugged timidly.
"We can't just...pick up where we left off."
"Yes, we can." Evie replied, her voice bolder. She stepped forward, and the space between her and Patrick disappeared. She wrapped her arms around Patrick's neck and kissed him. Andy put his arm around Emily and kissed the top of her head.
"Nice." he whispered.
Joe ruffled the top of her hair.
"We heard about you and Pete." he muttered.
Emily shrugged.
"What are you going to do?"
Emily shrugged again.
"I loved him four years ago. Now I have Mitchy."
And then another voice joined the whispered conversation, loud and bold;
"I loved you four years ago and I never stopped. Quit lying, Em."
Emily pulled away from Joe and Andy; Patrick and Evie shrank back, holding hands. Pete stood in the room now, looking hurt. Emily's mind was suddenly blank; she didn't know what to do or say. So she did what she had always done best; she ran. She pushed past Patrick and Evie, past Pete, and into the narrow hallway, until she came to an emergency exit. She threw the door open and ran out into the alley way behind the venue. Rain pounded down onto the pavement, instantly soaking her. But then something happened that had never happened before; they followed her.
"We fucking lost you once, Emily, you're not getting away this time " Patrick yelled over the weather. Arms grabbed around her waist; Joe.
"Emily, stop it," he whispered in her ear, "You have to tell Pete the truth."
Emily scrambled free, and backed up several feet. Evie was standing behind the four boys, looking out of place. It was raining harder than ever now; the wind was whipping Emily's loose, dark hair in random directions. The six of them were soaking wet and shivering.
"Where's my song? " Emily screamed, "What do I get, huh? A few cruel lyrics, that's what You hurt me, Peter You made me into an absolute wreck "
"Emily, what the fuck are you talking about? " Andy yelled, "Did you even listen to the record?"
Emily's fists could not be clenched any tighter as she shot back;
"I didn't need to Everything else was so.../mean/ "
No one spoke; but the truth was clear. Emily had never heard her song. Suddenly, rain still pounding, Patrick began to sing;
"Landing on a run way in Chicago, and I'm grounding all my dreams..." Patrick sang the whole song, practically yelling over the rain. Emily's eyes steadily grew wider and wider, and her fists became looser and looser. She was breathless with amazement; she had been so naive.
"Patrick..." she croaked, "You...you wrote this for me?"
"We wrote it together," he replied, "Em, did you really think we'd forget?"
Emily studied them carefully. Evie stepped forward, squeezing in between Andy and Patrick and taking Patrick's hand in hers. No one spoke.

Quick and swift, Emily flew forward, straight into Pete's arms, and she kissed him. The whole world seemed to stop, just for a few lazy seconds. Emily wrapped her legs around Pete's waist, and Pete's fingers quickly became entangled with her wet hair. They broke away, and Emily sobbed;
"I love you, I love you, I love you."
"Run away with me."
"Yes, yes I'm sorry, I am so sorry- I wish I could take it all back I wanna have your babies, I wanna stay with you forever, we're gonna die old in each other's arms..." Emily babbled over the weather.
"Forever." Pete agreed, kissing Emily again. As they broke away again, Emily glanced over Pete's shoulder; Patrick and Evie were locked together, kissing like there was no tomorrow.
"It's over, Em," Pete whispered, "Everything. I will never, ever leave you. I promise."
Pete placed Emily gently back on her feet. Evie kissed Patrick's cheek one last time, then let go of his hand.
"I'd better go...call me," she winked to Patrick, then turned to Emily, "Thank you." she said simply, and she disappeared back into the venue. Patrick dreamily watched her go, then turned back to the others. There were now five. Silence pierced the air, even over the wind. Then Andy spoke;
"The end."
Emily was suddenly enveloped in four pairs of arms.
"I love you, I love you." was being muttered over and over, quietly whispered, words washed away by the rain.

This is where she had wanted to be for four years. Mitchy would be heartbroken, Hannah would be angry; there was still much to be done, and Emily would need her strength over the next few weeks. But she had Pete back. She had her best friends back.
"These friends are golden." Emily whispered, as Pete gently kissed her forehead.

A/N Thank you to all my readers! DAMN story took me four and a half months. But it was fun^^
Sign up to rate and review this story