Categories > Original > Fantasy > Dragonlore Book 1

Dragonlore Book 1

by mjo714 0 reviews

The elf Quar is trying to survive in a new world he is thrown into after being kidnapped by a strange group of people. A king is turned evil and the world is in peril. Can Quar and his new friends ...

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2007-01-02 - Updated: 2007-01-02 - 404 words

0Unrated
Chapter One

Quarall was walking down the road toward Seaward Town. He hadn't come to see his friend Sartlebye in 10 years, not that that was very long for long-lived elves such as himself, but Sartlebye was a mere human, a mage, yet still only a human.
Quarall was returning from a long voyage to Liory, the second largest continent on Earth. He had docked on his home continent of Syrrin, only hours before. He had only been a day away from Seaward Town with a normal horse; it had only taken hours with his elfin steed. Its beauty and grace were surpassed only by its power and speed.
Sartlebye was a human mage; very young, but very accomplished. He had been friends with Quarall for as long as he could remember. Quarall had been 35 and Sartlebye had been 8. Quarall was now 60 and Sartlebye was now 33. Sart and Quar, as were their nicknames, were the best of friends.
Quar rode into town and started towards Sart's house. People watched him fly by on his horse and gaped. None of them had ever seen an elf before. He rode toward his old friend's house and was surprised to see soldiers, more and more, as he went further into town. 'There were never any soldiers here before,' Quar said to himself.
He got closer to Sart's house and saw the door was blown in and a group of soldiers were going inside. "What happened," he asked a soldier.
"Someone killed the owner of this house," the soldier replied. "He was a very skilled mage. I don't know why anyone would kill him. He helped us all so much."
"Th-thank you," Quar said sadly. He got back on his horse and rode away. He didn't know where he was going. He just wanted to get away. He wanted to be by himself for a while and think.
He didn't know it, but someone was following him. He got to a nice little cave and decided to stay for a while. He sat down and saw a shadow move outside of the cave. It looked like a dwarf but he couldn't be sure.
He came out of the cave and looked around. No one was there. All of a sudden a large rock hit him on the side of the head. He fell over on the ground unconscious. A dwarf came out of the brush and dragged him away.
Sign up to rate and review this story