Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Hecate's Aftermath

Light-headed

by tsuki-girl 3 reviews

Theresa's saved the world from Hecate and her zombies, but something unexpected happens. Now dealing with a new situation and feelings of guilt, Jay starts to realize just how important Theresa is ...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-11-11 - Updated: 2006-11-12 - 1026 words - Complete

1Exciting
This fic begins a few seconds before the "See You at the Crossroads" episode ends. If you haven't seen the episode yet, I don't recommend that you read this because you'll probably be confused.

DISCLAIMER:
I hereby declare that the characters and locations described in this story are the intellectual property of (among other companies) Studio B. By submitting this work, I do not own nor claim to own the rights to Class of the Titans, the episode "See You at the Crossroads" or anything furthermore mentioned in this work of fiction.

And now onto the story!

*********************

As Archie helped Atlanta through the computer monitor, Odie, Neil, Jay, Theresa and Athena looked on with satisfaction.

"Talk about spellbinding television," the goddess joked. Turning to her left, she gave Theresa a smile and praising nod. "Nice work."

The fighter smiled back in response, then looked down at the torches she clutched in each hand. Deciding that the fate of the world was safe for now, Theresa turned and carefully placed both torches on the floor and out of harm's way.
Straightening and feeling euphoric, a sudden wave of light-headedness caught her completely off-guard.

"Whoa," Theresa mumbled, clutching her head.

With Archie and Atlanta now sitting on his bed, Odie returned to his computer chair and began typing furiously. Glancing back momentarily to the group, he announced; "Ok guys, I'm shutting 'er down."

Hitting a button on his keyboard, the portal to the eerie Crossroads was instantly replaced with static.

"And...one last thing," the descendant of Odysseus added with a smirk. Hitting the 'enter' button, a Happy Halloween message was instantly sent through cyberspace.

Smug, the African turned in his computer chair and faced his five friends. Neil had just pulled out his mirror and was fixing his hair in the dim light, Atlanta and Archie were giving each other high-five's for a job well done, Athena looked proudly over her ward, Jay was watching Odie curiously, and Theresa's eyes were closed, with a hand gripping her forehead. She looked pale.

Suddenly confused, the descendant of Odysseus stared at his team mate. "She doesn't look too good," he thought.

Jay had been about to ask Odie what he had just done on his computer, but stopped short when he noticed his comrade's worried and confused look. Following Odie's gaze, Jay turned and found himself staring at a very woozy looking Theresa.

Eyes wide, Jay lurched in surprise.

"Theresa, are you ok?!" the team leader exclaimed. While the rest of the group turned in confusion, Jay closed the distance between him and the fighter in a heartbeat, bringing her into his arms. Silently cursing himself for not noticing her deteriorating condition sooner, Jay wrapped his left arm around Theresa's back for support and cradled her head with his opposite hand.

"Yeah...I'm fine..." the slender beauty mumbled feebly. "I just feel kinda...dizzy..."

Rising from his chair, Odie walked towards the pair in concern as Athena lay her hand on the girl's clammy forehead. Atlanta rose from the bed and Neil put his mirror away.

"You don't look fine, T," the African said. "Judging by your physical appearance, I'd say you've got approximately ten seconds before passing out."

His mind racing, Jay continued to cup Theresa's face in his right hand as he looked down at the ashen-faced girl in his arms. Her skin was cold; her eyes dull.

"I can't see..." she whispered. "I can't.........."

At that, Theresa went limp in Jay's arms.

"Theresa!" he exclaimed.

Tearing his eyes from his unconscious friend, Jay shot a frantic look at Athena before buckling down and assuming control. "Atlanta, help Archie off the bed: I need to lay Theresa down. Odie, run upstairs and get a couple pillows. Neil, see if you can find a blanket."

While everyone quickly went to complete their assigned task, Jay bent down and lifted Theresa into his arms. Walking the few steps over to Odie's bed, he carefully lay her onto the mattress and following the First-Aid training he had learned over the years, turned her head to the side.
Turning from the bed, Jay focused his attention on Atlanta who had helped Archie into Odie's computer chair and was now standing close by.

"Did she hit her head?" he questioned the huntress.

"I don't think so," Atlanta replied, suddenly unsure of herself as she stared at her unconscious friend. "But she might have after she went through the portal!"

The fiery redhead turned to look at Archie, her face etched with worry. She knew the danger of passing out with a head injury.

As Odie came thundering down the stairs with two of the downy couch pillows in hand, Archie began shaking his head.

"No, she probably would have said something if that had happened."

Instructing Odie to put the pillows under Theresa's legs, Jay carefully and methodically moved a hand around her head.

Breathed a sigh of relief, he turned to the group. "I didn't feel any bumps."

Still confused, however, Jay now turned his attention to the tall woman still standing in her witch's costume. "Athena, do you have any ideas?"

The goddess remained calm as she walked towards the bed and sat on the edge of it, near Theresa's feet. Lifting a hand to her green-painted chin, she scrutinized over the possibilities in silence as Neil hurried into the room.

Armed with a grey woollen blanket, the blonde passed the heavy object to a waiting Jay and determining that there was nothing else he could do at the moment, took out his mirror. All that rushing around had messed up his hair.

"Herry finally made it back," Neil said nonchalantly into his reflection as he ensured that every golden strand was in place.

********************

Fainting is a scary thing. It starts with a feeling of dizziness, followed by a ringing in your ears that continues to get louder and louder. Then your vision slowly starts to go, you look white as a ghost and your cheeks feel like they're burning up. Not fun. Poor Theresa.

So why did she faint? And how is Jay dealing with all this?

Good questions.........
Sign up to rate and review this story