Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Losing You Would Just Crush Me

Remus

by Silver-Vampiress 0 reviews

Severus falls in love with one of his students.How can they possibly be together without everyone knowing? She graduates this spring will he finally ask the question that has been bugging him since...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Hermione, Lupin, Snape - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-01-03 - Updated: 2007-01-04 - 1711 words

0Unrated
Where we last left our lovers:

"That would probably be a safer way to do it," he then asked what I wanted and went to his fireplace. Both Dobby and Winky came and then went back through the fireplace. Then he came back and started massaging my back again while I looked at the stars.

"They'll be back in..." the sudden bursting of his classroom door interrupted him.

Chapter 4

"Quick, find something to clean?" Severus said. I jumped out of my chair and almost upset it. I ran around, looking for something to clean up.

"Severus! Come out of there I need to talk to you...now!" shouted a man. I went pale and Severus noticed this.

"Are you okay?" he whispered.

"Ya, just go," I replied. Hesitantly he went. Opening his door than slamming it shut behind him. I went to the door to listen.

"What right do you have to barge into my rooms and demand to see me?" I heard Severus shout.

"Where is she?" the man yelled back, ignoring Severus' question. He didn't reply. I heard footsteps coming then went back to cleaning his vials. The door swung open and I turned around to see a very angry looking Remus. I was petrified at his appearance. He came up to me and dragged me out of Severus' office.

"What do you think you are doing?" Severus' face was turning an angry looking red. I have never seen him this mad before. "You are not leaving my quarters until you tell me Remus!" at this, Remus turned to face him, dragging me along with him. He walked up to Severus until he was just inches away from his face.

"She is a head everyone knows that you can't give detentions to heads," he said, unusually calm. Then Lupin suddenly drug me to the door. Snape moved to go after us but then thought better of it. (she'll come back he thought)

I tried to pry Remus' hand from my wrist.

"Don't you think I should have a say in this? Especially since it is about me?" Remus stopped and turned to look at me for the first time since we had left Severus' classroom.

He paused to think about the question.

"You're right Hermione, I'm sorry. When I found out about your detention with Professor Snape, I went ballistic. I....I...never mind," he paused to take a breath. Oh my gosh! Is he trying to tell me......na, not Professor Lupin. I'll worry about that later.

"What is your say Miss Granger?" he looked me in the eye.

"I think I should go to my detentions after all, I did disturb his class when I could have been doing numerous of things," his grip on me loosened. He finally, but reluctantly obviously, let me go.

"Okay Miss Granger, if you wish to serve your detentions by all means, go. I won't stop you. I just thought I was helping. I know how you despise Professor Snape," he turned and headed back up the stairs. I hesitated then said, "Professor?"

"Yes Hermione?" he stopped at the foot of the stairs and turned to face me. I swiftly walked up to him. I was barely a foot away from him. I could see his emotions playing in his eyes.

"May I?" I finally asked.

"May you what? You have permission to do whatever you please Miss Granger. I was in the wrong to barge in on your detention," he never broke eye contact with me as if to tell me that he was being honest.

"In that case,..." I leaned in, kissed him on the cheek, and ran back to Severus' classroom, extremely embarrassed.

I left Lupin in a state of shock. He would have never dreamt that I would ever give him a kiss.

-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-

I turned the corner and stopped running to catch my breath. I walked the rest of the way back to the classroom. I opened the door to find that Severus was gone. So I closed the door behind me and went to the back of the room, where the table I had sat on earlier was located. This part of the room was in a dark shadow. I approached the table and sat on it, scooting all the way to the back so my back could touch the wall. I pulled my knees up and held them. I sat there for a while before Severus came out of his office. I waited there for him to notice me but he never said a word.

"She'll be back soon, don't worry," he said to himself.

"I have to do it tonight, no more fooling around," he started pacing in front of his desk, "I have to..."

"Hold on lover boy, I don't want to spoil your surprise," I said, not wanting to hear any more. He obviously didn't hear me open the door because his head shot up in my direction. His face was beat red from embarrassment of being caught talking to himself.

"Who's there?" he said in a suspicious tone. He didn't sense me coming?

"I wonder..." I said in a sarcastic tone. He started to walk my way. My face must have been in his view because he visibly relaxed and walked a little faster.

"Hermione, don't...surprise me like that. I knew you'd come back. Why did Lupin do that, do you know?" he said, wrapping his arms around me.

"Wait a second, first things first. You were going to say 'scare me like that' admit it," I said folding my arms, making some room between our bodies.

"I most certainly would never say 'scare me'," he insisted.

"Yes you would and you were about to but thought better of it. Admit that I'm right. Your fear is that I know you that well."

"I was not."

"Yes you were," I said a little more forcefully, fully intent on showing him just how much I knew him. He leaned down to kiss me but I turned my head so he got my cheek instead.

"Come on Hermione, just forget about it. It's no big deal..."

"It is to me," I made my way off the table and headed towards the door, "Good night Professor Snape," I put my hand on the door knob, ready to leave when forceful hands turned me around and I was drowning in a passionate kiss. He pulled away and put his forehead on mine.

"Okay, you are right, I was going to say 'scare me' but that's just between you and me, alright?"

"Yes and thank you."

"Now, for my other questions," I explained why Lupin interrupted and what he had said to me after class. Then I told him about what happened in the hallway after Lupin drug me out of Severus' classroom.

"You gave him a kiss?" Severus said, sounding jealous and outraged.

"Take it easy, it's not like I do it often."

"But one kiss can lead to another and the next thing you know, I've lost you."

"You won't lose me to him Severus, trust me," he sighed and bent down to kiss my forehead. We were back on the classroom tables, this time sitting side by side.

"Now, it's a good thing we went into your office now isn't it? We moved just in time too. That would have been a difficult situation to explain, especially to Lupin."

"Yes my love, now that I ponder what Lupin told you, the more I think he fancies you," I turned to look at him.

"No one sane, like him, would ever like me. No one has ever liked me!"

"Hey now! I'm perfectly sane and I love you!" he said grabbing me and carrying me once again to his office.

"Like I said, no one sane has liked me," he laughed.

-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-X-

Winky brought my supper and I ate it. I don't think I could have been happier. I had Severus there with me and in his office. After I had finished, he came up behind me and sat, holding me close. I leaned up against him so my head was under his chin. We gazed up at the stars. This felt so good...like I belonged here and nowhere else. This was the first time I had ever felt like I belonged somewhere.

"Hermione?"

"Hum?" he sighed.

"I love you," he whispered into my ear and kissed the top of my head. His grip on my waist tightened. I looked up into his dark eyes.

Turning around I said, "I love you too," and I kissed him and he kissed me back, running his tongue over my lips. His tongue entered my open mouth, kissing me more deeply and passionately than ever before; his hands roaming my body, anywhere and everywhere he could.

He pulled away, both of us breathing heavily.

"Something wrong? This time nothing is stopping us," I said, smiling but it soon vanished after seeing the dead serious look on his face.

"Do you really love me?" he asked, his expression never changing. I started to worry.

"Yes, you heard me say that I loved you."

"Yes, but do you really love me, like I love you? There's a huge difference between just saying it and really, really meaning it."

"Yes, I really love you. More than words could ever say, or mean. Why are you asking me this?" I thought he was going to pop the question there.

"Because I...I'm afraid I'll lose you for some younger, handsomer guy."

"Never, I'm yours forever Severus, I LOVE YOU."

"Well then, where were we?" he had one of those rare smiles.

"I believe here..." I said and put my arms around his neck, kissing him again. My legs were across his left side while I sat in his lap on the concrete balcony. He grabbed my legs and pulled me closer, deepening the kiss. He suddenly stood up, never letting my lips leave his. He carried me over to his bed.

-----------------------------
A/N: Here...I have one more chapter written out but I haven't written anything more, so you must be patient with me. I haven't all the time in the world to write whatever I like.
~Ryann
Sign up to rate and review this story