Categories > Original > Romance

Diary of Our Life

by Silver-Vampiress 0 reviews

I wrote this for a friend. What is written is about the last few months of Lily's single life. I'm not going to write a whole book just on Meg and Lily's life together...or maybe I will in later ye...

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-01-03 - Updated: 2007-01-04 - 1085 words - Complete

0Unrated
May 12

I see my dear friend as she tries her best to get his attention, but he only has eyes for one girl. It is as if he has blinders on and is steered around by the wrong driver. He is headed for the wrong kind of girl. One who will hurt him badly and leave him for dead after she tires of him.

And there, my poor Lily will be, desperately clinging on to the hope that he will notice her. That he will get a new driver. But alas, he does not see the beauty within. For now, he only looks for the eternal beauty.

I do not wish for my poor Lily to be hurt, so I find myself in the middle. Yes, I am the one he inevitably likes. No, he does not willingly admit it, but you can tell by his body language that this is true. Though the one who will hurt him is not me, but the one he admits to liking: Amy.

I feel terrible, for I am trying to throw his driver off the seat to take the reins for myself, to help steer him in a direction of hope and love. If only we were not all fools in love, then maybe I would not have to interfere at all. Maybe, just maybe, then he could find his way safely, but yet, if that was the case, would not we all have peaceful and unhurt lives?

However, that is the beauty of life. We learn to re-direct ourselves by our mistakes and tragedies. And by doing so, we get closer each time to our intended paths.


June 2

Lily stands there, waiting for him to pass by. I walk to her and stand next to her, hoping he will follow me, and in doing so, notice my dear friend.

Ah! Finally he sees some common sense and follows me.

I start the conversation, and as the two o f them start to talk without me, I make my leave.

Over the last month, I have seen some progression. He has mostly gotten over his crush on Amy. He realized what he was getting himself into and what a horrible person she really is. He has slowly moved on and is currently searching again...or so I hear.

I have faith that he will see what a beautiful woman Lily truly is.


July 21

Things have progressed wonderfully. He is completely over her, and he has shown-not spoken-interest in Lily. I pray that very soon he will publicly announce his intention. Edgar is still hesitant to approach her if I am not there. I am fearful that I might be hindering something that could be.

I would be unable to live with myself if I did prevent a relationship between them. Lily is my dearest friend and I am trying my hardest to help her receive what she deserves: Edgar.

Of course she thinks she is unworthy, and that he deserves better than her, but what she does not realize is that she has put him on a pedestal that is out of grasp. That is unhealthy for her, and I fear for her. I am terrified that it will become an obsession and she will lose he mind if he reject her.


August 15

I was correct in my assumptions. Not two weeks after my last entry did he announced his intent on courting Lily. I am so happy for her! Lily has been beaming since that day. Fate has finally smiled upon her.

They go everywhere together. Very rarely do we ever see them apart. In fact, I have not been able to catch Lily with a free evening for the longest time. We have not been able to talk since that glorious day. Yet, I cannot wait to help with planning her wedding.

I just hope that she will not forget me.


September 30

Edgar has not even been courting dear Lily three months and they are already engaged! Do not get me wrong-I am glad they are getting married, I just think he should have courted her at least a year before asking for her hand, but apparently I am the only one to think that, for Lily's parents consented last night at the ball.

My other dear childhood friend, George, had his engagement ball last night. That is when Edgar asked. It was romantic in my opinion. He took Lily to the Rose Garden after a few dances and, after reciting some of the country's greatest poetry under the full moon, asked her if she would be his wife. She came directly to me in hysterics. The way she came running in to me, I thought he had hurt her, and I was well on my way to take his head off. But what stopped me was the radiant smile on her pretty face, and the sparkle in her dark eyes.

She told me all that had happened and apologized for her behavior towards me. Lily said that after she married, she promised to spend more time with me.

I was so happy for her, I myself started to cry. I am now swamped with wedding plans!


November 17

A month is only left until the wedding and I just sent the last of the invitations off. All that is left is the dress and tunic. I also have to plan a flower arrangement, but not until it is closer to the wedding. Lily has just come in, so I must go with her to pick her dress.


December 18

Yesterday was the wedding, and I am just now getting in. I am here at my desk watching the sun rise from my window. It cannot be more than five.

I am exhausted! Lily and Edgar left earlier for their honeymoon, but I was required to stay and attend to the guests. I am so happy that I will never have to do that again! And I am bouncing with joy that they are finally married. I wish them the best of luck and all the happiness in the universe.

As my wedding gift to Lily and her new husband Edgar, I am giving her this journal of our life together, with all of our memories-both good and bad-and I hope she will have one of ht happiest marriages ever.

Love,

Meg


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N: Summary says it all. R&R please. Tell me your opinions too not just that it was a crappy/good/excellent story.
-Ryann
Sign up to rate and review this story