Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'll Blame It On The Planes

chapter eight: title schmitle

by SongbirdFlyAway 9 reviews

summery schummery.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-01-05 - Updated: 2007-01-06 - 1143 words

1Ambiance
"So tell me about your boyfriend."
Andy and I had finished cleaning up and I took a seat at the table.

I laughed and rolled my eyes, was he hitting on me? No, that can't be it, nobody hits on me. I've had the same boyfriend for years, he's all I've known. No one else had even been interested in me.

"Well his name is Mitch and despite his lame taste in music, your band included, we're perfect for eachother. He's the kind of person who is so right for me, that I've never even thought about being with another guy."

He smiled at me. "Well, maybe that's not a good thing. How do you know that he's perfect for you when you've never experienced anything else."

I laughed "Oh okay, so you're one of those test drive the car before you buy it sort of people." I was onto him.

He leaned back and crossed his arms "If you're referring to being with a bunch of people to see who's the best in bed, that's not what I was talking about. I didn't mean sex... I meant connected in a relationship in general."

I thought for a second on how I was going to respond to this. No witty comment, no playfull comeback, I had nothing. It's not that he was right, because he wasn't... he wasn't right. I just didn't need to explain myself, I love Mitch, I know he's perfect for me. I don't need to defend that.

I smiled and put my hands on the table and stood up. "You know what - I should get going. I'm gonna spend some quality time with your biggest fan, and then call the boyfriend."

Andy stood up with me. "I didn't mean to offend you. I'm sorry, it's out of place for me to tell you what you should --"

I cut him off, gave him some mercy. "-- Don't worry about it. You didn't offend me. It's actually nice to have someone to talk to that isn't in our set group of friends. It's just strange to get an outsider's opinion. I'll see ya around, bye."

As I walked across the yard to my new home I heard Andy's door open.
"Hey Drey-"

I turned around.
"Yeah?"

"I'm going to Chicago on Thursday to meet with the guys about a photo shoot we have in the city, do you want to come along?"

I smiled and pretended to think about it for a second. "Sure, that sounds fun. I'll see you later Andy."

********


"Grandma what do you want to do tonight?"

I wanted to spend some time with my grandma, she was such a fun spirited lady.

"Well we can go out to dinner. And I don't mean dinner at those fast food places that you kids go to, those places give me the shits. We're gonna go to this great Greek restaurant that I love."

Greek food?! My eyes lit up. Being part Greek, I was excited to get a little taste of home.

Grandma and I had actually a really great conversation during dinner and I got to meet a lot of her Greek, older friends. It was actually fun. Me, Audrey, was having fun with her grandmother in Milwaukee. Things weren't all that bad.

I called Mitch as soon as I got home, going into my room for some privacy. I swear, the whole neighborhood could have heard Mitch squealing and squaking like the 12 year old girl that he really is when I told him the discovery of my new friends. He couldn't believe his girlfriend hung out with Fall Out Boy. If there was any reason he would actually come to visit me, the drummer of his favorite band being my neighbor would be it, forget about the sex.

We talked a while, like usual, about a lot of different things. He couldn't help but interrupt our conversation with questions about his precious Fall Out Boy.

His tone suddenly changed a little.
"So Drey, did any of them try to make a pass at you?"
I laughed.
"What? No way. They were all cool, don't worry."

"Do you have a thing for any of the guys? Pete, maybe?"
Bigger laugh.
"Oh god no! Pete's not my type... none of them are. You know that sweetie, you're the only one for me and the only one I think about."

"Well, don't think that you'd get away with sleeping with a member of Fall Out Boy just because they're famous."
I felt myself getting angry at that comment.
"Are you being serious Mitch?"
"Well, I'm just saying."
"You don't even have to worry about anything, you know me a little better than that. Fall Out Boy means nothing to me, you do. I love you."
"I love you too baby."

My face relaxed and I smiled into the phone. We talked a little while longer before I decided to call it a night.

Tomorrow's Wednesday, then it would be Thursday and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't waiting for it to come.
Goodnight Tuesday.

The next day I spent it entirely in my room, listening to the Fall Out Boy cds through my laptop.
I felt my insides tighten up at certain moments. I thought back to the day in Mitch's car when I heard the brand new song for the first time and how I couldn't stand the singer's voice. Maybe I was in a bitter mood... maybe I wasn't listening right. But now I sit here and listen to Patrick Stump, the boy who only a few days before I was sitting with on a couch talking to about music.
His voice was intense to me... it was soothing and rough at the same time. I couldn't stop listening to it. It sent chills down my spine and butterflies in my stomach.

I sat there, all day, just listening to the cds... some I liked, some I still wasn't convinced. All I know is that it made me that much more excited about the photo shoot the next day.

*******

I woke up Thursday not knowing if Andy's invitation still held true or not but either way, I was going to go over. I didn't want to waste another day sitting alone on my laptop and getting a conversation in with grandma here and there.
I quickly got ready and pulled my wavy hair into a lower messy ponytail with a scarf to complete it.
I knocked on Andy's door and smiled wide when he opened it. "Hi."

He smiled back at me "Hi... you're still coming?"

"Well, is that okay?"

He responded by letting me into the house, I took that as a 'yes'.


______________________________________________________

A lot going on in this chapter, yes... but next one will be a little more one-situational (new word! YEAHHHHHH.) REVIEWS REVIEWS REVIEWS
Sign up to rate and review this story