Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You're Not In This Alone

Chapter Three

by Misery_Hate 2 reviews

Told from Mikey's POV. Hit after hit befalls Michael Way. It seems as though he is cursed with bad luck and misfortune. Can it ever get better? Will it ever get better? Chapter Three - Mikey & G...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-01-11 - Updated: 2007-01-11 - 1181 words

0Unrated





"Can you hear me? Are you near me? Can we pretend to leave and then we'll meet again when both our cars collide..."

That part of the song upset me the most. I cried through the whole song while thinking of Ray. The tears stung my eyes. I probably looked like a mess. Cuts, bruises and tears adorned my weak body, but they were the least of my worries. My eyes would be screwed. I didn't dare open them or move them around behind my closed eye lids.

I stopped singing the song when I heard the snapping of twigs, which meant someone was coming towards me. They walked quickly. I also heard that they were crying - heavily. I began to get panicky. I was blind with no protection.. Gerard had left me here. I coughed and spat out the blood that entered my mouth.

"He-Hello?" I said weakly, realising that talking hurt my ribs with extreme pain. The person who was approaching didn't respond, but they did drop to the ground beside me.
"What have I done?! I'm so fucking sorry." said Gerard in a strangled voice. He lifted up my upper body and hugged me close to him. I instantly forgave him. How could I not? He was my brother, and it'd take more then a severe beating to make me stop loving him.

He sat me up and I felt him moving around. Something heavy was placed on my shoulders and I reached up to feel leather. It was his leather jacket.
"Keep it, Gerard. You'll be freezing." I said, coughing again. He didn't answer, because I knew his mind was made up. I threaded my arms through the arm holes and enjoyed the warmth.

"What happened to your eyes?" He said, noticing for the first time that my glasses were gone and I hadn't opened my eyes.
"You...you punched my...glasses...and they...broke," I said in between gasps to catch my breath. For the first time I realised the extent of my state. "Some... glass... went in my... eyes."
Gerard stayed silent, but he reached a hand up and stroked the area above my eye. I couldn't figure out what he was feeling, but I hoped he wasn't going to be too angry with himself for this.
"I - We have to get you to a hospital."
"I agree." I muttered, while trying to smile.

Gerard bent down and managed to pick me up in his arms and carry me to a bench not too far away. He called for a taxi which came and took us to the emergency ward at the hospital.

Once we were into the hospital, they put me to sleep. Gerard held my hand as I drifted off to sleep. So many last thoughts ran through my head.
'Ray...Gerard...Ray...Ray...Grandma...Ray...'
The once smiling Ray in heaven turned to a crying Ray. Why was he crying? What was going to happen? I tried to ask Ray what was wrong but he kept telling me to open my eyes. He repeated it until I finally listened and opened my eyes.

The sound of Gerard's harmonic voice filled my ears.

"When you're gone we want you all to know, we'll carry on, we'll carry on. Though you're dead and gone, believe me, your memory will carry on...carry on. We'll carry on. And in my heart I can't contain it, the anthem just won't explain it."

I wasn't sure what it was. I head never heard those lyrics before, but they were good. They chilled me to the bone and the image of the crying Ray came through my mind again. The lyrics reminded me of Ray.

I turned my eyes and saw Gerard sitting in one of those uncomfortable armchairs with his notebook, writing down words furiously.
"I see you're writing again." I said, making Gerard jump a little.
"Yeah, I got inspiration." He replied, giving a grimace so that I'd know he meant Ray.
I nodded. "What was that you were just singing?"
"You heard that?" Gerard said, a slight pink colour rising to his cheeks. He had no need to be embarrassed, though. He has always been a great singer and songwriter.
"Yeah. It was really good." I managed to say.
"I think...I think I might call it 'Welcome To The Black Parade', in honour of Ray's story." said Gerard, lowering his head.

I understood, although not many others would. Not many people knew that Ray was an excellent writer. He once wrote a story called 'The Black Parade'. It was about a dark military type of group that 'collected' the dead. The story followed the group's adventures and the people they 'collected'. It made me wonder if The Black Parade had collected Ray. I replaced that thought with something else.

"Can I hear the whole song?" I asked, wanting to listen to my brother's sooting voice. Gerard nodded and began to singing what he had wrote. He often paused to write or correct something.

By the end of the song, I was in tears. The lyrics were very powerful, and Gerard's voice really fulfilled the meaning behind them. I knew that we would have to produce the song, even if it was the last song we ever did.

"Gerard.." I said, unable to find the right words to describe what I was feeling about the song. Luckily Gerard understood everything and just hugged me.

When he pulled away he turned the topic to something else.
"Mikey...I'm so sorry about what happened in the forest," He said miserably, looking at the various cuts and bruises that I no doubt had across my face. "How are your eyes?"

It was the first time since waking up that I noticed I didn't have my glasses on and that I could see perfectly.
"Woah! How come I can see?!" I said, excited and shocked. I waved my hand infront of my face while tracing over my eyes with the other hand.
"The doctors gave you lasik eye surgery. You don't have to wear your glasses anymore." Gerard said, putting on a fake smile. Why was he faking a smile? Why wasn't he happy? Sure, I missed my glasses but this was great! He looked so sad though..
"This is awesome!" I said, still testing my eyes out on all different objects. Gerard sat in silence. I knew something was definitely wrong.

"Mikey.. There's something else.." said Gerard. I looked to him and I noticed he was crying silently. Oh god. What was wrong now?
"Gerard?"
"The doctors...they were running some tests...Oh god.." He cried. He was sobbing uncontrollably now. I reached out a hand to comfort him but he pulled away.
"They..." Gerard choked, staring me in the eyes. "They said you have cancer."


A.N: I had to laugh at the end of that. Poor Mikey, he hasn't had it good in this story. But.. the misery isnt over yet. 'Hit after hit befalls Michael Way'. Thanks for the reviews as well, you guys rule. :)
Sign up to rate and review this story