Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > The Best of Friends

A new life

by Joal_Hilary 4 reviews

15 year old Jayde Mathews and 32 year old Jane Mathews move from Australia to Waldorf, Maryland. Jayde starts at La Plata high school and befriends Benjamin Combs. Read and review please.

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-01-03 - Updated: 2007-01-04 - 1159 words

0Unrated
The best of friends

Hi my name is Jayde Mathews. I have long dark brown wavy hair and blue/green eyes. I am fifteen years old and my family has just moved to Waldorf, Maryland from NSW, Australia.

My dad left me and my mum when I was born we still keep in touch though. Mum is thirty-two she had me when she was sixteen and has raised me on my own. We are the best of friends and do everything together.

I start at La Plata high school on Monday; I'm really nervous because I don't know anyone.

I'm helping mum unload all the boxes out of our jeep, the new house is a lot bigger than our old one which I'm pleased about, I will have more room.

"Jay, JAY!" said mum.
"WHAT?" I ask walking into the house.
"Come look please..." mum says excitedly.
"Where are you?" I reply putting down the last box in my new bedroom.
"In the kitchen." said mum.
I try looking past the boxes but fail miserably.
"Marco" I yell.
"Polo" Mum yells.
I walk into the kitchen where mum is standing.
"Hey Marco" I say to mum.
"Hey Polo" she says to me.
"So Marco, what did you want me for?" I ask.
"Your dad sent us a house warming present, look in the box." She said.

I peep inside the box which has little air holes around it.
"OH MY GOD!" I scream and hug my mum.
"It's a puppy! What should we name him/her?" I ask.
"Well it's a girl, I know want about Lucy." said mum.
"I like it, Lucy it is!" I say.

***
MONDAY!

"MUM!!!!" I scream as I hurriedly get out of bed.
Mum rushes into my bedroom still in her pj's.
"What??" she asks.
"It's 8:15am school starts at 9:00am and we have a meeting with the headmaster at 8:30!!!" I yell.
"Dammit, um okay, put some clothes on and I'll grab some clothes too, I'll grab us some coffee and we'll meet in the jeep." Said mum as she rushed out of the room.

I look through the piles of clothes boxes in my room, chucking clothes everywhere. I can't be bothered searching anymore so I settle on my long sleeve white top, with my black ACDC t-shirt over top, my black My Chemical Romance hoodie over top, denium jeans and my black ballet flats. After putting all that on I pulled my hair into a messy ponytail, brushed my teeth and washed my face, then I ran down the stairs and out to the jeep where mum was waiting for me.

I jumped in the car and realized I had totally forgotten to pack my bag but mum had done it for me. I shut the car door and we were off, mum passed me my cup of coffee and we drove off.

"So Jayde are you nervous?" mum asked already knowing what my answer will be.
"Yes mum I am. What if they don't like me?" I say.
"They would have to be crazy not to like you! Jayde, you are a smart, funny, awesome and nice person! Trust me you will make loads of friends, just be yourself. Oh here we are La Plata high school." Mum said as she parked the car.

We got out of the car and walked through the gate to the office. Mum and I entered the reception, asked where the headmaster's office was and then walked there. Mum knocked on the door and the headmaster answered, he greeted us with a warm friendly smile and gestured us inside.
"Headmaster Brown." Said the headmaster as he held out his hand.
"Jane Mathews." Said mum as she accepted his hand and shaked it.

"Please come and sit." said Mr Brown happily as he walked over behind his desk.
Mum and I sat down on the two chairs in front of his desk.

"Well Jayde I hope you enjoy La Plata high school, here is your timetable. I guess all I can say is study hard and come and see me if you have any problems." Mr Brown exclaimed.
"Thank you Mr Brown." Mum and I say together and we get up and walk out of his office. Mum gives me a hug and wishes me luck and walks away.

I start walking as I look at my timetable and run straight into another student, the students books go everywhere, I rush round helping him pick them up.

"I'm so sorry." I say apologetically.
"That's alright, are you new here?" he says.
"Yes, my name is Jayde Mathews, what is your name?" I ask politely.
"Benjamin Combs, but you can call me Benji. What class do you have first?" Benji replied as we started walking down a corridor.
"Well Benji, I have English then Maths, you?" I ask.
"The same. Hey do you have a locker yet?" Benji asked.
"No," I say.
"Well I'll let you share mine if you want, until you get your own." He said.
"That would be great, thank you. Would you mind if I put my stuff in your locker now please." I say giving Benji puppy dog eyes.
"Sure Jayde come this way." Benji says.
I follow him as we walk off in the direction of his locker. Benji stops at his locker and opens it I put all my books except for English and Maths in his locker and we walk away.

Benji and I make our way to our English classroom when a group of guys walk up to us.
"Hey Benjamin, whose your little girlfriend you have here?" teased one of the guys who looked remarkably like Benji.
"Come on Jayde lets go." Benji whispers to me and we walk away from them and walk into our English classroom.
Benji walked down to the back of the classroom while I introduced myself to the teacher and go down and sit next to Benji.

"So Benji those guys before, who are they?" I ask.
Benji looked down and answered quietly "Billy Martin, Paul and Joel Combs."
I give Benji a sympathetic look and then watched as Benji had a sad look on his face.

I look at Benji closely he has dark brown hair, hazel eyes, one lip piercing and was wearing black eyeliner that had been stroked down in the middle to give it the teared effect.

"Benji is Joel your brother?" I ask quietly.
Benji looks up at me with sad eyes "He is my twin." Benji said.
"Oh um do you have any other siblings?" I replied.
"I have a sister called Sarah and an older brother Josh, you?" He said.
"Nope it is just me and my mum." I say while I copy down English notes off the board.

a/n Please review and tell me if you liked it or didn't like it or whether you want me to continue.
Thanks
Joal_Hilary xx
Sign up to rate and review this story