Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > The Final Battle: Part 4

The Final Battle: Part 4

by One-Winged-Angel 0 reviews

What will Cloud do when the world is threatened by the dark power of janova. Sephiroth attempts to bring janova back and destroy the world once and for all.

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy - Characters: Cloud Strife, Kadaj, Loz, Sephiroth, Yazoo - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2007-01-12 - Updated: 2007-01-12 - 1494 words - Complete

-1Illiterate
The sky started to become dark as the day went on. The battle between Cloud and Yazoo was still at bay. They both stood ready and prepared to attack or defend against their opponent. They both stood tired and out of breath, they new this battle couldn't go on for much longer, one of them would have to fall. Yazoo made his move. He raced towards Cloud with the last bit of speed he had left. He rushed behind Cloud, thinking that he didn't notice where he was, but as he went to deliver the final blow, Clouds body was gone, it was an after image. But only some one with incredible speed could do that, not even Sephiroth could move that quick. Yazoo felt a pain in his chest, a pain he had never felt before. He looked down at where the pain was coming from. The blade from his enemy was the pain that he felt, he didn't know how Cloud could move that fast. But it was decided; Yazoo lost the battle, and his life.
Cloud pulled the blade out of his opponent's chest, and enemy fell to the ground. Cloud stood over him as Yazoo used all the strength he had left to turn to face Cloud. What Yazoo saw the moment he turned to face cloud, would be the last thing he would see, he saw the eye's of a SOLDIER, the green mako eyes.
"You're to late brother, by now Sephiroth and Kadaj are already beginning the ritual for the rebirth of mother. So why don't you just sit back and wait for the destruction of this pitiful planet", Yazoo said as he began to lose more and more of his life each second, soon he would be dead. Their was nothing any one or anybody could do to stop it. Cloud swung his sword to his back and put it in its sheath. He made his way to the top of the stairs, the closer he got the more he could make out the figure at the top. Loz stood their, paralyzed and he looked as if he was scared. Cloud walked up to him expecting him to attack, but he didn't. Cloud walked by him with out so much as a threat. He opened the gate to the entrance where the ritual was being held. Loz ran down to Yazoo to make sure he was ok; Loz didn't want to accept the fact that Yazoo was already dead.
...........................................
Cloud made his way thru the building, searching for signs of where Kadaj and Sephiroth were. He couldn't understand why Sephiroth was joining with Kadaj, they both have the same goal but Sephiroth wouldn't join and let any one join him in his conquest. So why now, he couldn't understand it, but that didn't matter now. What did matter was finding them and stopping them before the ritual was complete.
Cloud walked thru the building searching every dark corner and every room, but couldn't find any sign of either Kadaj or Sephiroth; he began to run thru the building searching harder that before. Still no good, but then he stopped to think that maybe their aren't in the building at all, they must be under it. Cloud walked to the main power supply in the building. He looked down the long tunnel that led to the underground lair. He looked around for a way to get down their but their was no ladder or even stairs for that matter. He realized that the only way to get down their would be to jump to the underground lair. He looked down and took a deep breath, and leaped. He could feel the breeze rush past his face, faster and faster. For awhile he thought that the tunnel was endless, at least that's how it seemed. He could finally see the ground coming closer and closer. He pulled out his buster blade and stabbed it into the side of the wall to slow him down. He reached the door to the room that Kadaj and Sephiroth where in, this is it, the final battle that would decide whether or not the world would be covered in darkness.
Cloud reaches out to the handle of the door, and swung it open.
"Its good to see you Cloud, have you come to meet mother", Sephiroth said as he made his way to where Cloud was standing. Cloud looked around and found no sign of Kadaj any where. Maybe Sephiroth had killed him off, but he had to be sure before he jumped to conclusions.
"I see you haven't revived Jenova yet, that's good, then theirs still time to stop you from reviving her", Cloud said as he gripped his buster sword.
"why must you get in my way every time Cloud, all I want to do is revive mother", Sephiroth continued, "you have mother inside of you as well, so why must you deny her and your brethren?".
"This is where I stop you for good, after this, there is no coming back. I'll make damn sure of it", Cloud said as he gripped the handle of his blade.
"This isn't how brothers should act, we should all have the same goal", Kadaj said walking out from behind the water tank that held Jenova inside.
"we should all help each other bring mother back, even if they don't want to except the fact that they are one of Jenova's children, so come cloud and let us bring mother back", Kadaj said as he made a gesture with his hand to shake Clouds. Cloud gripped his sword tight and pulled it out as he leaped towards Kadaj and swung his buster sword hoping to cut him in half, but he missed, he missed just by an inch. Kadaj landed on top of Jenova's water tank.
"If that's how you want it then I have no choice, you must die brother, I'm sorry you couldn't see it our way", Kadaj said as he pulled his double bladed katana and leaped at Cloud. Cloud followed and leaped at Kadaj. Swords flew and all that the human eye could see would be sparks and flashes of speed. Swords clashed together, but as Cloud and Kadaj where fighting, Sephiroth started to prepare the last finishing touches to brining back Jenova. Cloud realized that he had to finish this and fast, but Kadaj was a lot stronger that Yazoo or Loz, so this might take some time.
Cloud swung his sword with all his might and Kadaj blocked it but flew straight into the wall behind him. Cloud rushed over to Sephiroth and swung his sword again but Sephiroth was gone, he wasn't where he was before. Cloud landed on his feet and looked around, he saw Kadaj trying to get his balance back, so he wouldn't be a problem for a while, but where was Sephiroth? He looked all around the room; it was like Sephiroth had vanished into thin air. But that just wasn't possible; he had to be some where in this room. Cloud heard a noise, and he turned around as fast as he could. But when he did, the tip of Sephiroth's blade was at the tip of Clouds throat.
"Haven't we been in this position before? Now Cloud beg for forgiveness"
"No, I don't care if you tortured me, I would never beg to your, not for anything"
"Then lets end this, once and for all" Sephiroth said as he brought his katana back to pierce his throat, but Cloud moved out of the way. Cloud got back to his feet and started swinging his sword left and right. Even though he couldn't hit him, he didn't let that stop him.
......................................................
Cloud and Sephiroth fought for about 10 min. now. Cloud was starting to get a bit tired, and his body was starting to give up on him. Sephiroth was as good as ever, he could fight for hours at a time. Cloud started to doubt if he could really defeat Sephiroth for good. Cloud fell to his knees trying to catch his breath, as Sephiroth stood over cloud.
"Come now Cloud you don't really think you have what it takes to defeat me, do you?" Sephiroth said as he raised his Katana high above his head.
"this is the end for you Cloud, give Zack my best wishes" as he finished he Swung his katana down so fast that you would of thought it never moved at all, but Cloud wasn't in two on the floor. Cloud was standing on one of the water pipes, Sephiroth could barley see the aura that Cloud had surrounded him, along with his green mako eyes.
"Like I said Sephiroth, I won't give up that easily".
Sephiroth was amazed that he could move that fast.
"Now the battle can really begin" Sephiroth said.
It has finally happened, the awakening of a true SOLDIER.

End Of Chapter 4
Sign up to rate and review this story