Categories > Movies > Pirates of the Caribbean > The Plunge

The Plunge

by water_dragon 1 review

this is a oneshot about elizabeth reflecting on her descisions in dead mands chest

Category: Pirates of the Caribbean - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Elizabeth, Jack, Will - Published: 2007-01-12 - Updated: 2007-01-13 - 257 words - Complete

0Unrated
The decision lingered in her mind; an intoxicating suggestion, would she take the plunge, could she take the plunge? To leap into the unknown and taste the seductive adventure. Sometimes she couldn't help but stare at him; to wonder, what if she had? What would it have been like? Could she still do it? Ignore the barrier that tried to capture her attention, ignore the reasons she had refused in the first place. What if she ignored everything stopping her and went for it?
When they had been reunited she forgotten; he was back and she felt invincible. But then they had to fight the kraken. She's curled her lip in disgust when he'd fled. Revolted by his lack of bravery. But then he came back... and set off the explosion that gave them time. Even as he did that the idea sparked in her head. She was ashamed of it. Why did she do it? She would reason to herself as she hid her head under her lovers gaze. Say 'it had to be done' 'there was no other way'. But had there been another way? She had caused a death and wanted to make up for it.
When the old enemy had come down the stairs she had felt a flicker of hope; maybe... just maybe... there was a chance.

I wrote this one afternoon for no reason, just the sake of doing it; I've never done a pirates of the Caribbean fic before and I wasn't sure at first how to go about it
Sign up to rate and review this story