Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > You're Not In This Alone

Chapter Five

by Misery_Hate 4 reviews

Told from Mikey's POV. Hit after hit befalls Michael Way. It seems as though he is cursed with bad luck and misfortune. Can it ever get better? Will it ever get better? Chapter Five - At Paramou...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2007-01-14 - Updated: 2007-01-14 - 2143 words

0Unrated
This chapter was so much fun to write.


The trip to Paramour House was pretty boring. All the guys were crammed into the van, except Ray who was in fact dead. I sat with Gerard on the back seat while Frank and Bob lounged around in the seat infront. Our manager, Brain, was dropping us off but he wasn't staying. He had many other commitments, and he was also a little scared of the house. We all were.

As the dark van pulled into the gravel driveway, we all exchanged nervous glances before looking out the window to the mansion. It was a dark grey coloured house that was surrounded by tall trees. It had gothic styled gates and gargoyles. I immediately knew that those ghost stories were true.
"C'mon guys, we don't have all day." said Brain, getting out and opening the side doors. None of us really wanted to enter the deserted house. It felt as though that if you entered, you'd never come out. I knew that I was somewhat luckier then the others; I got to escape the house once a week for my chemo sessions. The thought of another dose made my stomach churn. It was horrible, but I had to grin and bare it.

Brian got our bags out and drove away after a small and quick "goodbye". I felt scared without him. I knew that ghosts and such couldn't hurt me, but I felt the need to be surrounded by people. Gerard put a comforting hand on my shoulder and led us forward toward the house. With out bags in tow, we trudged into the house and stood taking in the interior. The first thing you noticed about it was that it was extremely cold. The foyer was pretty bare and several hallways led off. A spiralling staircase led to the floors above.

"Ok, well.. Lets go do the room choosing." Gerard said, again leading the way up the stairs. I couldn't tell if he was scared, but everyone else was. In total there were 7 rooms. We decided to put the room numbers into a hat and whatever room you drew out was the one you were staying in.

When it was my turn, I drew out number 2. I hadn't liked the look of that room, it gave me shivers up and down my spine.
"You ok, Mikey?" asked Gerard when I drew out the number.
"Yeah, fine." I lied. I couldn't act like a baby infront of him. It wouldn't be fair.

So we all shuffled off to our rooms. My room was at the end of a hallway, while the others' were up the opposite end. I was alone. What if I needed help? Would anyone hear me? I flicked on the light, expecting the brightness to help ease my fear. Instead of a bright light, I received the sickening sight of blue filling the room. What kind of person puts a blue light in a haunted house?!

That night we all sat in Gerard's room, eating. Gerard had the coldest room in the house, but it seemed to calm me down. I wish that I could sleep in his room, but I knew the others would laugh at me. I was being a baby again, I could handle a haunted house. I seem to be handling cancer ok.

"So when's the other guitarist getting here?" asked Bob, chewing on his pasta.
"Tomorrow morning." Gerard stated. He was the only one who had met this guitarist and he was keeping all the other details a secret.
"How long are we staying here?" Frank said nervously, looking around the room with caution.
"As long as we need to," Gerard said. He wasn't in much of a talking mood. "We're here to write. Get inspiration. When we have found it, then we'll leave."

I didn't like the sound of that. Sometimes it would take Gerard months to find his 'inspiration'. I hoped this time it'd be a lot quicker. I seriously hated this house.
"Ok. Bed time." Gerard said with a yawn. It was past 12. We all got up and said goodnight before retreating to our bedrooms. I was the last to enter my room. My room was one that gave off a 'haunted vibe', and it freaked me out. With my back to my room, I felt the sensation that someone was watching me. I quickly turned around, but the room was empty.
"Get a grip, Mikey." I said to myself. I walked over to the double bed and flopped down. This house seemed to drain all my energy. After much tossing and turning, I finally fell into a deep sleep.

The days at Paramour House seemed to fly by. I hardly ever saw the other guys as we all stayed in our rooms for no apparent reason. I could occasionally hear screaming from the hallway but I couldn't muster the strength to investigate. I could see things moving from the corner of my eyes, but I never saw anything clearly. The door handle in my room kept turning and it scared me, to say the least.

I felt like I was losing my mind. I didn't hardly eat or sleep, showering ceased and communication with the others was non-existent. This all started the day after we arrived, the day the other guitarist arrived. His name was Randy and he was tall with an afro. He was almost a spitting image of Ray. He had a little more rougher face, slightly taller and he had red hair, but all those things didn't matter. He was a great guitarist, Ray would have liked him. So Randy was hired. He too became lost in his own world after entering the house.

It was day 6 at Paramour House and I felt like I had been here forever. I kept a calender type of system so I knew when my chemo appointments were. I wanted to get out of this house so bad, but Gerard said that if any of the band left before it was time to go, they would not only be leaving the house - they'd be leaving the band too. I was the exception, of course. It was arranged that Stacy Fass would pick me up and drop me off after my chemo sessions.

It was on day 6 that I decided to venture out of my room. I had no idea what to expect. Where the others even alive? They could have died and no one would know. I dawdled down the hall. One of the open doors to my right slammed shut.
'Fucking ghosts.' I thought.

I was nearing Gerard's room, and I could hear him yelling something. I put my ear to the door.
"I'M FUCKING GOING TO JUMP IN THAT FUCKING POOL AND DROWN MYSELF!" He screamed. I understood what he was talking about. It seemed that this house drove you to insanity. My room overlooked the swimming pool Gerard was talking about and I too wanted to jump in and drown sometimes.
"GO AWAY! LEAVE!" Gerard yelled to no one. Or was it someone? I had to calm him down. I slowly opened the door to reveal Gerard standing infront of a mirror. The room was a mess and a blanket had been draped over a window to block out the light.
"Gerard?" I said quietly. I could see his reflection looking at me. His eyes narrowed before he turned around to face me.
"Oh, Mikey," Gerard said, walking over and hugging me. "We are all going to die sometime. The noose hangs above all our heads."
"Gerard, you're scaring me." I cried, pulling away and looking into his eyes. His hazel eyes were rimmed with black. Not eyeliner. Natural black from lack of sun. He looked like a vampire.
"Scared? No time to be scared. We must attack them at dawn." Gerard said, widening his eyes at the thought of the 'battle'.
I walked deeper into his room where I found some papers. He had been writing, and from what I could see the dark and crazy atmosphere had rubbed off onto his lyrics. Gerard continued to 'plan' his 'attack'. I quietly exited his room and continued down the long hallway. The next room I came across was Randy's. I didn't bother going in, as I could hear a guitar playing. It sounded awesome so I didn't disturb.

I came to Bob's next. I couldn't hear anything, so I tried the door - it was locked.
"Bob?" I called out to him.
"Who is it? Who's there?" he yelled. He sounded nervous.
"It's Mikey." I replied, trying to remain calm. I heard the lock click and then the door swung open to reveal Bob with a pair of scissors in his hand.
"What are you doing with those?" I asked, raising my eyebrow at the scissors.
Bob didn't reply, but he strode over to the mirror and began cutting at his hair. I could see that he had been cutting it all different lengths.
"My hair was infected. I had to cut it off." Bob explained, setting down the scissors once his hair was how he liked it.
"Makes sense." I said. It didn't make sense though. Nothing in this house made sense. Everyone was losing their minds but they didn't even see it.
"They're coming back, you must leave! Go! Save yourself!" yelled Bob, pushing me out the door and locking it. How strange. I always thought Bob was the sane one.

Across the hall from Bob was Frank's room. I sighed before knocking on the door.
"Hello?" Frank said in a quiet voice.
"Frank, it's Mikey." I said, hoping he was ok. I heard scraping from the other side of the door and after a minute, it swung open. I stepped inside and turned to see Frank close and bar the door with a bookcase.
"What's that for?" I asked, pointing to the bookcase.
"You never know who might be lurking around." Frank said with a shrug. He quickly walked over to his bed and sat down.
"Are you ok?" I asked, trying to see if Frank had lost his mind too.
"I'm alright. I don't know about the others though." he said. I breathed a sigh of relief. I wasn't the only sane one left.
"I know what you mean...Gerard's the scariest though." I answered. Frank gave me a weird look.
"You're pretty scary too, Bob." Frank said, looking around the room. He called me Bob? WTF?
"I'm not Bob, I'm Mikey." I said. I desperately wanted a normal conversation. Frank was my last hope.
"Whatever, but these bruises are killing me!" Frank exclaimed, lifting up his top and revealing his back. I didn't understand what he was talking about - there were no bruises on his back.
"Frank..." I said, trailing off, not knowing how to explain the situation to him.
"Gerard..." he said, giving me the raised eyebrow. "I don't like liars. Leave."

I was so confused. He got up and shifted the bookcase and opened the door. I left and he slammed the door behind me. I had no one. Wait...Randy! I jogged to his room and knocked lightly on the door.
"Come in." was the reply. I entered to find Randy sitting on his bed with his guitar. His room looked fairly normal.
"Oh, hey Mikey," he said, smiling at me. "What's up?"
" I just...needed to talk to someone." I replied with a shrug.
"Sit down." Randy said, indicating to the empty space at the end of his bed. It was refreshing to know he was normal.
"I...are you ok?" I asked, looking at him warily.
"Sure, why wouldn't I be?" he said, scribbling down something on a piece of paper.
"All the others have gone...crazy." I muttered, watching him write.
"I know. I've heard Gerard yelling for sometime now. But I'm ok. I mean, I hear the voices and see things but that's it. Am I sane Mikey?" Randy said, looking at me intently. He looked so much like Ray.
"Yeah. Yeah you are. I hear and see things too. It's good to know someone else is ok." I smiled, happy that I wasn't alone.
"Well, if you ever need anything I'm just down the hall." Randy replied, smiling back at me.
"Thanks," I said, getting up off the bed. "I better get back. I have chemo tomorrow..."
"Ok. Hope it goes ok. I'll be here...cutting the cheese." he said.
I stepped out of the room and closed the door.
'Cutting the cheese?!' I thought. He had lost his mind too.

Walking back into my room, I realised that I was in this alone.

This'll be the last update for a week due to family holiday. But I'll be writing while I'm away so expect an update next Sunday ;)
Sign up to rate and review this story