Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Destined Love

Chapter 2

by XJaideX 0 reviews

Miroku and Sango love each other deeply, but they never seem to let the other know of their true feelings. Will Sango finally express herself when shes about to lose the only man shes ever loved? [...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Miroku, Sango - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2007-01-14 - Updated: 2007-01-14 - 994 words

-1Predictable
This is my first fan fic, and I hope you all like it ^.^
Please review and let me know whatcha think ~.^


~ o O o ~

Hours had passed since the fight, and Sango began to grow worried of Miroku's unchanging condition. Please Inuyasha hurry, pick up Miroku's scent and find us quickly. She bit her lip as she stared at Miroku, drowsiness clearly evident in her tired eyes. With hesitation, her heavy lids soon shut and Sango fell asleep, Miroku's labored breathing pulling worried nightmares into the creeping darkness of her mind. Her head filled with images of loosing Miroku, watching his life slip away right before her eyes, blood every where and the huge Samyosho demon lunging towards her tired body.

"Sango?!" Sleep swiftly escaped her as Miroku's soft voice touched her ears. She was surprised to see his eyes open. "Miroku!" She said with a smile. "Are you feeling better?" Her forehead wrinkled as she awaited his response. "Yes, tha..." his teeth began chattering, cutting his sentence short. "It's freezing.." he said a minute later. His words were almost silent, and he soon sighed with shame at his own weakness. She must think I'm pathetic. "Kagome left me some of those 'fire sticks' from her era. I'll start a flame." A warm smile evident in her face as her attention turned to starting the fire. "The sun is setting? How long has it been since I got poisoned?" " About 5 hours I'm assuming, I'm not sure how long I was asleep." She said as she struck a match, and lit some wood aflame. "Miroku, Thank you..." She returned to his side and let him lay on her lap. Her words still rung in his head, she new they had taken him by surprise... "But how could you do this to me?!!" Tears began to stream down her face. I'm so worried. She began to cry hard into the palms of her hands, keeping her face hidden. Her tears sending an impassive ache straight to Miroku's heart. "Don't cry, please Sango.", he lifted his hand and caressed her cheek. His feeble attempt at comforting her only caused her to cry harder.

Her expression quickly turned to anger as her eyes glared at the being resting on her lap. "How could you do something so stupid!?!" Her eyes began to brim with tears once more, but she inhaled sharply in an attempt to reinstate her firm tone. "Here I am, forced to watch you get worse and worse, till the others arrive!" "What if they don't come in time and you..." She couldn't bring herself to say it, and swiftly turned her gaze towards the brilliant moon that had creeped into the sky.

Miroku lay in awe./ Do I really mean that much to her? What should I say? Shes obviously upset./ He too gazed at the emerging night sky, almost searching for comforting words. He parted his dry lips and slowly began to speak, "Sango I.." but suddenly clenched his jaw as a new rush of pain filled is body. The poison was spreading, creeping deeper into his body. Sango quickly snapped her gaze at the trembling Miroku, and reached and squeezed his hand. Knowing no level of comfort could dull the poison spreading throughout his body. He tensed his muscles in an attempt to suppress the pain, but every passing second brought more and more unbearable agony. His throat croaked as he hushed a creeping scream. Not wanting to frighten Sango. The episode lasted only 5 minutes but to the asthmatic Miroku it seemed like eternity. Sango didn't notice but their hands had gotten weaved together in the tension, and Miroku had a firm hold on her as he struggled for breath.

Her heart beat was frantic, and inside she was a wreck, but Sango's expression remained calm. She didn't want him to be worried. She internally bashed herself for being so harsh, after all, he had done it for her. Or so, thats what she thought she heard, but couldn't bring herself to believe. She was afraid of being a fool, afraid of him politely telling her he had never uttered the words. To blush in embarrassment as she realized they were only her wishes.

Miroku's breathing soon hushed, and his firm hold on Sango had weakened with his strength. His forehead was laced in sweat, and his skin boiled to the touch. His temperature was sky high, as his body attempted to fight of the poison. Sango reached for a wash cloth from her things and drenched it in water from her canteen. Trying to cool off Miroku's steaming fever. She soaked his forehead, and streamed water down his shoulder. She knew he was getting worse, he had never taken in so much poison before. He needed Kagome's strong medicines in his system as soon as possible.

"What is it Inuyasha?" Kagome said, a hint of anxiety in her voice. Inuyasha had suddenly stopped in his tracks to sniff the air in front of him, and it only meant one thing. He had picked up Miroku and Sango's scent. They had been walking for hours after their battle with Naraku. Naraku had portaled to another area after being injured by Kagome's sacred arrow, and the others had gone through following the injured Yokai, but Miroku and Sango had been held off with the Samyosho demon and weren't able to get through in time.

"Is it them...?" Kagome laid a hand on Inuyasha's shoulder as he sniffed the air attentively. After a long pause he said, "Yea it is." He frowned a bit as he inhaled again. Miroku's blood?

"C'mon Kagome lets go!" He leapt onto Kirara and urged Kagome to hurry. "What's the rush Inuyasha?" Shippo innocently said from Kagome's shoulder. His stone eyes said it all as he gazed at Shippo and then Kagome.


~ o O o ~

Next chapter will be up soon, I'll try to make the wait not so rough. =)
Sign up to rate and review this story