Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Aftermath

Chapter Five

by MyVengefulRomance 5 reviews

Final Chapter. Epilogue coming up after this one. READ!!!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Horror, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2007-01-15 - Updated: 2007-01-16 - 1377 words

0Unrated
ch5 Disclaimer- My specialty: tragedies. Thing I can't write: the truth.

A/N- Well, I think this story is coming to an end. I have this muse that I NEED to write, but this story is killing it. So, I think this may be either the last chapter or the next one will. And my next story...it will be good. It will have all the members of Fall Out Boy, Panic! At the Disco, My Chemical Romance, maybe Ville Valo of HIM, and one hell of a lot of zombies, vampires, and winged peoples. Yup. laughs manically Well, without further ado, the last chapter of 'The Aftermath'. Enjoy...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As soon as we pulled up into the hospital's parking lot, I jumped out of the car. I was terrified for Gerard. I knew he couldn't have gotten far, but the hospital was surrounded by thick woods. To make matters worse, it was raining, and hard. /And/, it was slowly getting dark.

There were police everywhere, searching for my runaway lover. I stood there, next to the car, looking around wildly while being blinded by the flashing red and blue lights.

Bob walked up next to me, and placed a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"Frankie, come on. The police need as many people as possible to search for Gee. All we need to do is tell them who we are, and we can help them look for him."

I nodded numbly, and we both approached a female officer.

"Hi. We're friends of Gerard Way, and we'd like to help search," Bob said, taking charge of the situation.

The officer nodded, handed me a flashlight, and said, "Okay. Go look over there. Alert us right away if you find anything."

Bob nodded, and he led me straight into the dark woods.

It was so dark. The thick limbs of the black trees reached upwards, interlocking with each other to create a black roof shielding us from the rain.

Shadows reached this way and that, and the flashlight barely penetrated the choking darkness.

Bob, grabbing my arm to steady himself as he stumbled over a tree-root, said, "Come on, Frank. Let's split up. We'll cover more ground that way."

I frowned, and said, "No. I don't wanna walk through this hellish place alone."

"Do it for Gee," he said softly.

I dropped my head, and sighed.

"Fine, I'll go to the right, you go to the left."

He nodded and flicked on his own flashlight. I still don't know where he got that light.

Anyway, now I was alone. I stumbled off deeper and deeper into the woods, every once in awhile calling Gerard's name.

I never received an answer, in fact, it seemed that my voice died after leaving my mouth. It floated out into the air, and made it two inches before being crushed by the deafening silence.

Soon, I realized that I had no idea where I was. Fear swelled in my chest, and spinning around, I couldn't tell from which direction I came. I couldn't hear the sirens that I knew to be sounded at the hospital, in fact, I couldn't hear anything.

Out loud, I said, "Hello? Can anyone hear me?" I knew that no one could, I was just glad that I hadn't gone deaf.

I swept the area with my flashlight, and sighed when I saw nothing but trees and bushes and leaves.

Realizing that there was no escape, I plopped down right on the rotting leaves of the wooded floor.

That was when I saw the white hand.

My heart leapt into my throat as I leapt to my feet.

"Gerard?" I asked softly, tears as evident on my voice as they were on my cheeks.

I crept over to the white figure slowly, trying not to scream. I didn't want to be the one to find him. I didn't want to see him like this. I didn't want-.

His eyes were open. They were open, and to my absolute horror, they were glossed over. The beautiful, beautiful green that used to glow and glitter and shine in the night had dulled and turned into an almost sickening grayish-color. His soft, perfect lips were no longer a kissable pink; they were the same color as the rest of his body. White. A deadly, lifeless white.

I shined my flashlight onto his face, and a sob burst forth from my throat. I could see the beginning of his body's decomposition.

I couldn't take it any more. I turned to the side and emptied my entire stomach's contents onto the ground, sobbing and dry-heaving.

"No!!" I screamed. "How could you do this to me???"

Somebody in the heavens hated me. They gave me Gerard for awhile, and then they took him away? How heartless and cruel could you be?

I screamed again, until I'm pretty sure my throat tore and blood was running down the back of my throat. How could whatever ruler of the skies take away the greatest thing that ever happened to me?

Rage filled my chest as I realized that I would never hold Gerard again, never kiss him again and have him kiss back. I would never see him smile at me again, with his eyes sparkling and shining in the light.

I would never walk to an alter and see him standing across from me, with tears of joy running down his face. I would not grow old next to the only man I'd ever loved.

As I slammed my fist repeatedly into the tree next to me, I made a decision.

Criss Manson was going to die. And, he was going to suffer.

And he would look into MY eyes as he drew his last breath.

He would pray to ME for mercy.

He will die at MY hands.

I turned to Gerard's cold body, and pressed my lips to his for one last time. I slowly pulled away, and closed his eyes with my index and middle finger.

"Rest in peace," I murmured, before and standing up and trying to figure out which way to go.

But, my chance at leaving unnoticed was destroyed when the sound of hurried footsteps sounded to the left of me.

"Frank? Did you scream?" Bob called.

"Yeah," I replied hoarsely. "I found him. He's...dead."

Bob made into the small clearing and shined his flashlight on me.

"He's dead?" he asked, his eyes wide.

I nodded numbly. I wasn't crying. I had shed all the tears I could over Gerard.

"Oh God," he muttered, looking at the ground. A few police officers had followed him and they formed a circle around Gerard's corpse.

Bob continued to stare at the ground and I realized that he was crying. Shock filled my chest. I had never seen Bob cry. He hadn't cried when Gerard got kidnapped, not when we found him and he was admitted into the hospital, not when we learned of Gerard's condition, and not when Gerard disappeared.

"He's not waking up, is he?" Bob asked, his voice cracking.

"No," I murmured, leading him out of the woods.

I looked around, trying to locate someone I knew. Finally, I saw Mikey and Ray standing next to each other. Ray was supporting Mikey's lanky body.

The two of us approached them, and Ray looked up.

"Did you find him?" he asked. Mikey looked up when he heard Ray speak. Tears streamed down his face as he saw us. But hope flickered in his eyes, too.

"I'm so sorry. He's...dead," I mumbled, staring at the floor.

"What?" Mikey asked, disbelief clear in his voice. "What???"

"You heard him," Bob hissed, anger replacing his anguish.

"No! No, no, no! Gerard can't be dead! He can't be! He isn't dead! Don't lie to me!" Mikey shouted.

I shook my head sadly.

"I'm not lying," I said.

And then, Mikey was on top of me, slamming his fists into my body as if it were my fault.

The last things I remembered were Mikey's cries of anger and Bob and Ray's horrified shouts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N- Okay, I lied. There will be an epilogue. So, yeah. Sorry if this was rushed. I just wanted it to be over. (God, I love killing people.) REVIEW!!!!





Sign up to rate and review this story