Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > China Patters, Wedding Rings, and Infidelity

Tellin the 'rents.

by Meg2005 1 review

Chelsea and Brendon finally tell their parents their big secret and it goes in a completely different direction then expected.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2007-01-16 - Updated: 2007-01-16 - 1643 words

0Unrated
A/N: So I wanted to give a quick thanks to / everyone / who has given me rates/responds and such to this story. I didn't think I would get as many as I have been getting up keep it up. I love love love getting them and I promise I'll respond back! THANK YOU! ~Meg~


'So we're going to tell our parents.' Chelsea said as they stepped off the flight into the hot Vegas weather.

'Yup, we might as well before they hear it from someone else.' Brendon said holding her hand as they walked to get their baggage.

'I'm so ready for all of this to blow over and be done with.'

'It will be soon babe.'

'What do you think our parents are going to do to us?'

'I don't think they'll be mad. I mean they are the ones that set us up. And they are the ones that always pushed us to get married, and they are the ones that want us poppin out babies left and right.' Brendon said as he opened the back of his jeep.

'Well I hate to tell you unless we slip up and have an accident we aren't popping out any babies for a while.'

'Don't jinx it Chels, you'll end up pregnant by next week.'

'Well in that case, we aren't having anymore sex.' She said before Brendon slammed on the brakes in the middle of the parking lot.

'Honey, don't do that you're endangering society.' Brendon said as he began driving again.

'BRENDON! CHELSEA!' Mrs. Urie smiled as they walked into Brendon's parent's house.

'Hey ma.' Brendon smiled as she hugged her youngest son just as Chelsea's parents came into the room.

'Chelsea sweetie I'm so glad you're home.' Mrs. Reeves said hugging her daughter.

'Mom dad, Mr. and Mrs. Urie before we start on all the catching up and the small talk. Brendon and I have something we want to tell you two.' Chelsea said looking at Brendon before he looked down at the floor and held her hand.

'Chelsea you aren't pregnant are you?' her mother asked.

'God no, I hope not at least.' Chelsea said as a look of relief swept over her mother.

'What's the big news honey?' Mrs. Urie asked as all four parents sat down in front of Brendon and Chelsea.

Brendon looked over at Chelsea and she rolled her eyes, knowing she was getting no help from him in this matter, 'I'm not sure if you guys have been keeping up with the tabloids recently but for the past few months there have been rumors going around about Brendon and I. We wanted to tell you four what's really going on before you read it or found out from someone else.' Chelsea began as her mother gave her a questioning look.

Chelsea cleared her throat once more, 'Mom, Dad, Do you remember when I came home from prom senior year, you asked me why I had a diamond ring on my finger?' Chelsea asked.

'Yes honey but we assumed it was a promise ring from Brendon.' Mrs. Reeves said.

'Well it was...sorta.' Brendon said as he gave Chelsea's hand a light squeeze.

'Chelsea, what is going on?' Mr. Reeves asked.

'It wasn't a promise ring daddy, it was a wedding ring. Brendon and I left prom early that night and we got married.'

'You what?' Mrs. Reeves began.

'I'm sorry momma, I wanted to tell you but we couldn't. Brendon got signed a week later and we couldn't tell anyone because of the band. I'm sorry.' Chelsea said as she started to cry.

'Let me get this straight.' Mr. Urie began, 'You two got married on the night of your senior prom. You were both seventeen and you got married? Is that even legal?'

'It's legal; we have a marriage license and everything.' Brendon said.

'I don't know what to say.' Mrs. Reeves said.

'Mom, I know you're probably really upset about this. Mrs. Urie, I know but Brendon and I love each other. We've spent almost three years keeping this a secret.'

'We wanted to come tell you before you read it in a magazine. There is a tabloid that is going on stands tomorrow with a whole story on the marriage. They have the minister that married us, they have the reporter that spent three days with the band a month ago, they even have the guy that I bought her Christmas present from last year, which happened to be a ring, but none the less it's all in there.'

'After the reporter came, he wrote an entire story on it. Using quotes and pictures he took while we were sleeping. He has a picture of the ring and everything.' Chelsea said as more tears rolled down her cheek, 'We just got back from Chicago where we had to meet with their manager about this because no one knew we were married before.'

'So that reporter came onto your bus, stayed with you to write a story on the band, and instead wrote a story outing you two on your marriage?' Mr. Urie asked.

'Basically, that's why we came to tell you at the expense of having you guys mad at us.' Brendon said.

'Chelsea can I have a word with you?' Mrs. Reeves asked. Chelsea stood up and followed her mother out the front door to stand on the porch. What she expected was to get a royal yelling at but what she got was a motherly hug, 'Baby I'm so sorry.'

Chelsea stood with an awkward look on her face as she hugged her mom, 'I don't understand.'

'I can't imagine going through what you are having to go through right now. It's one thing that you're married to a man that is never home but it's a complete other thing to have your world bust right open.'

'So you're not mad that Brendon and I ran away to elope when we were seven teen and then didn't tell you for almost three years?'

'What? No I'm completely pissed off, I'm very disappointed that you didn't tell me but that can be fixed. We can plan an amazing wedding for you and Brendon.' She said soothing Chelsea' hair back.

'No matter what, you're still our only daughter and we still love you. Just because you up and decided to go out and marry your child hood sweet heart doesn't make you any less of our daughter. We love you baby.' Mr. Reeves said.

'Thank you daddy.' Chelsea smiled as she hugged both her parents.

'Now, let me see this ring that Brendon bought you, Make sure it is up to par with what my little girl should be wearing.' Mrs. Reeves said as Brendon opened the door and walked out, wrapping his arms around Chelsea's waist from behind.
Chelsea held up her hand for her mother to see the ring. 'Oh Brendon, this is beautiful.'

'Only the best for my girl.' He smiled.

'Alright well you two hang out out here, we're going to talk to your parents Brendon.' Mrs. Reeves said walking back into the house and shutting the door.

'What'd they say?'

'My mom wasn't mad. She felt bad that we had to go through that.' Chelsea smiled.

'So we're in the clear?'

'Yup, we're in the clear, unless I end up pregnant then, your balls are mine Urie.' She smiled before pressing her lips to his.

'Chelsea, Brendon come in here!' Mr. Reeves called. Chelsea parted from the kiss and walked into the house behind Brendon, 'Sit.'

'We've talked about this and discussed it and come to the conclusion that it's okay for you two to be married. We should have seen it coming.'

'Come again?' Brendon said.

'You two have been together for about ten years. That's half your life, Brendon has been talking about marrying you since he was eleven years old. As long as you two promise to have a bigger wedding later down the road when you have time, its okay. We're okay with this.' Mrs. Urie smiled.

'Brendon, if I so much as think that you are miss treating my daughter, I'll be the least of your worries, you'll have to put up with Brad, William, and drew.' Mr. Reeves said before standing up to shake Brendon's hand.

'Welcome to the Urie family Chelsea.' Mr. Urie said as he gave her a hug.

'That went much better then I thought it was going to go.' Brendon said as they stepped into their small apartment.

'My brothers are going to kill you when they find out.' Chelsea said as she walked into the spare empty bedroom.

'I can take them. I'll just threaten them with you.' Brendon said wrapping his arms around her waist, 'What's wrong?'

'We're married.' She whispered.

'Babe, this is nothing new, we've been married for a while now, almost three years.'

'I know that but it hasn't felt like it. Now our parents know, our families know, Spencer Smith knows and he's not passed out from shock. I just didn't expect it all to happen like this, it happened so fast.'

'Did you not want them to know?'

'No of course I did, it's just that it was kind of fun having to sneak around and be married. Now we're just an old married couple.'

'There's nothing wrong with that.'

'We're an old married couple with no child.' Chelsea said.

'What are you saying?' he asked, 'do you want a baby? If you want a baby, I can give you a baby. My sperm count might be low but it's still high enough to knock up a pretty girl.'

'You're a horn dog.' She said walking out of the room and into their bedroom where she laid down on the bed.

'But I'm your horn dog.' He laughed.
Sign up to rate and review this story