Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > The Best of Friends

Chapter 5 Will you go to the prom with me?

by Joal_Hilary 3 reviews

15 year old Jayde Mathews and 32 year old Jane Mathews move from Australia to Waldorf, Maryland. Jayde starts at La Plata high school and befriends Benjamin Combs. Read and review please.

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-01-18 - Updated: 2007-01-18 - 1673 words

0Unrated
Previously on The Best of Friends

"Benji"
"Yes Jayde"
"Is Joel the only person that abuses you in your family?"

I pause for a moment, Its my deepest secret should I trust her?

"No"


Chapter 5: Will you go to the prom with me?
Benji pov

"Who else out of your family Benji?"
"My dad"
Jayde is silent for a minute "Doesn't your mum, brother or sister tell Joel or your dad to stop?"
"Nope, they just ignore it because they think I deserve it"
"How long have your dad and Joel been abusing you for?"
"Since I was five, um Jayde can we stop talking about it now please."
"Yeah sure I'm sorry Benji for bringing it up."
"It's okay."

We sit there in total silence for a couple of minutes; all we can here is the clock ticking "its 5:45am"
"I have never been awake this early before."
"Hey doesn't the sun come up at 6:00am"
"Yes"
"Did you want to watch the sunrise?"
"Yeah okay."

Jayde and I walk outside to there backyard and sit on the cement, as we watch the sun come up I put my arm around Jayde and pull her close to me.

I realise that Jayde is my life and for the first time in a long time I'm happy.

1 hour later

Jayde and I are still sitting out in the backyard, Jane comes out to us.

"Morning Jayde, Morning Benji couldn't use two sleep?"
"Morning mum and no we couldn't so I made Benji and I a cup of coffee and we talked for a bit then watched the sunrise."
"Morning Jane, thank you so much for letting me stay here."
"That is no problem Benji, you are welcome over anytime you like."
"Thanks."

We sit for a bit longer then Jayde said "Well we better get ready for school, did you want a shower Benji?"
"Yes thank you"
Jayde gives me a towel and I go to the bathroom.

*

Jayde Pov

"Thanks mum for letting Benji stay over."
"That's alright Jayde, how are you feeling this morning?"
"Um great."
"really you don't look so great."
"Okay so I'm really worried mum, Joe is in m class and everything so I can't avoid him."
"Hey as long as you ignore him and try to avoid him you will be fine, now are you sure you don't want the police to know?"
"No mum and please don't tell them, I just want to try and forget about it."
"Alright then, but if he comes near you again I'm going to the police."
"Okay mum."

I give mum a hug "How is Benji?"
"Not to good, he woke up screaming this morning and I came down to see if he was okay and then I made some coffee's and we watched the sunrise. Mum what are we going to do about him and his family?"
"I don't know Jayde, perhaps if he spends sometime away from them for awhile they will realise what they do to him is wrong or we could get the police involved but it's up to Benji."
"okay mum, I'll talk to him about it later I'm going to go get ready."

I walk up the stairs to my bedroom.

**
On the way to school:

Benji pov

"Hey Jayde, how are you feeling?"
"Scared Benji, how are you feeling?"
"Alright thank you and don't worry about Joe if he even goes near you, he'll be in big trouble!."
"Awww Benjamin Combs my Superman!"

I can feel my cheeks going red.

Jayde laughs.

We reach the school gates and I remember that the school is holding a prom next week.

"Jayde?"
"Yes Benji."
"Willyougotothepromwithme?"
"Sorry what?"
"Will you go to the prom with me?"

Jayde pauses for a second "Of course I will Benji, I would love to go to the prom with you."
"Thank you."
Jayde and I smile at each other.

I'm walking Jayde to her locker when I run into Billy Martin.
"Watch where you're going Freak."
"Hey don't call Benji a freak what did he ever do to you?"
"He was born!"
"Oh and Benji Joel was looking for you said you ran off last night! Your in big trouble with your dad! Ha ha."
Billy then walked off leaving Jayde and me alone.

"Are you okay?"
"Yeah, thanks for standing up for me."
"No problem. What are you going to do about your dad?"
"Go home and face him."
"Are you sure mum said you can keep staying with us for awhile or we could go and tell the police."
"Thank you but I think I need to face them and I'm not going to the police."
"Why not?"
"Because dad and Joel are assholes but they are also my family and I will never tell on them no matter what they do to me."
"Okay just be careful because I don't want you getting hurt."
"I'll try but I can't promise anything."

Jayde and I went into maths and sat down in the back corner, when Joe smith entered I wanted to get up and punch his face in but Jayde wouldn't let me.

Joe came and sat in front of us.
"Can you please sit some where else Jayde and I don't like dirt in front of us."
"Oh so It's Jayde and I now Benji, fine I'll move for you and The slut."

I get up to punch him but I see Jayde's tiny hand holding on to mine "Just leave it Benji."
I sit back down "Are you okay Jayde?"
She still hadn't let go of my hand.
"I'm alright Benji, please just stay out of trouble I don't want you getting hurt, I need you."

I squeezed her small hand in mine and we started to do our maths work.

Jayde Pov

I'm so happy that I have a friend like Benji, he is such a beautiful, kind, nice, adorable and loyal person.

I look up from my maths work and see Joe staring at me from the other side of the classroom I immediately tense up Benji notices "Are you okay?"
"Yeah fine." I lied.
"Jayde don't lie to me, what's wrong?"
"uh nothing."
"Jayde"

"Jayde Mathews and Benjamin Combs please be quiet!" said Mr Fletcher.
Benji and I don't talk for the rest of the lesson until we get outside for lunch.

"Jayde what happened in maths?"
"Joe was staring at me and I freaked out, sorry."
"It's okay, Jayde"
"I just feel scared every time I see him and all I see is what he tried to do to me Benji."
I start crying and Benji pulls me into a hug. "Are you alright Jayde?"
"um not really, I want to talk mum."
"Did you want to skip and go to your mum's work?"
"I will you don't have to."
"I'm not letting you walk around alone."

I smile up at Benji, put my hand in his and we walk out of school together.


*
Benji pov

Poor Jayde that jerk is scaring her to bits, I hate him! Jayde and I walk to Jane's work hand in hand I can tell that she is relaxing a bit more now.

"Hey you feeling any better"
"Yes thanks to you."

I go red. We walk past a florist shop "Jayde wait there."
"Benji what are you....."

I quickly run into the shop and buy a single red rose, then run out of the shop with the rose behind my back "this is for you Jayde."
I give her the rose.

"Oh Benji, its beautiful, thank you."

I smile as she smells the blood red rose. "It is absolutely beautiful Benji thankyou so much, and it smell so nice."

Jayde hugs me.

"What do you want to do now"
"I thought you wanted to go and see your mum?"
"I did but I think I just wanted to get away from the hell hole that they call a school."
"Okay then, I don't know where do you want to go?"
"Well I'm dying for a coffee, did you want to go to that little café over there?"
"That sounds great."

Jayde and I walk over to the small café, we enter and find a small table by the window. A waitress comes to take our orders. "What would you like?"
"Can I please get two coffees with doughnuts, thank you."
She walked away and "Jayde I'm sorry I have no money."
"It's okay Benji I have it covered."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes Benji."

Our coffees come and we thank the waitress as I sip my coffee.
"Benji?"
"Yes Jayde."
"Are you really going to go home tonight?"
"I don't know what to do, If I go home I'll get a thrashing for running away yesterday and if I don't go home the next time I try to I'll be in for the biggest beating of my life."

We sit in silence for a bit longer.

"Benji, I don't want you to get hurt....."
"Jayde you know I will...."
"Benji I haven't finished..."
"Sorry."
"Well as I was saying I don't want you getting hurt or hurting yourself."
"But I..... can't help it."
"I know you can't help them hurting you but you don't have to hurt yourself."
"SHUT UP!"
"Benji, I didn't want to upset you, please don't go BENJI...."

I slammed the door without looking in the direction I was going, a car ran into me and I go unconscious.

Jayde pov

"BENJI! NO, NO, NO BENJI WAKE UP PLEASE, I'M SORRY I'M SORRY!" I sobbed into the unconscious body of Benjamin Combs..........................

a/n a cliffy lol here is a preview of what's to come:

"Mum I can't live without him."
"I know sweetie."
"Mum?"
"Yes, Jayde?"
"I think I love him."

a/n well what do you think? please review and I seriously will love u 4eva and eva! Lol

Love always
Joal_Hilary xx

p.s Remember 2 smile even in the darkest of times! :)and thanks myusedromance for the review
Sign up to rate and review this story