Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Time to Live

The Magical Kingdom

by loralee1 3 reviews

AU Post OotP, No HBP, With Voldemort gone it's time for Harry to Live.

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Arthur Weasley, Dobby, Dumbledore, Fred, George, Ginny, Harry, Hermione, Kingsley, Luna, Lupin, Molly Weasley, Moody, Neville, Ron - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-01-20 - Updated: 2007-01-20 - 1003 words

5Original
Time to Live 5

Chapter 5
The Magical Kingdom

Disclaimer: Harry Potter is not mine, bummer

Harry was in line waiting for the amusement park gates to open and looking at the fold out map he had been given when he heard the conversation around him. A group of coaster enthusiasts were debating the best route to take to be first on the coaster they wanted to ride. When they noticed Harry standing alone and looking interested they invited him to join them if he could keep up.

When the gates opened Harry ran with the group through the park to the largest coaster there. After one ride Harry was hooked and spent the morning with the group going from coaster to coaster and getting back in line on a few that weren't as busy. Several members of the group told Harry about other parks and coasters, the pros and cons of the different rides, the must rides and the don't bothers.

As the lines began to lengthen in the afternoon, Harry said good bye to his new friends in order to see some more of the park and try some of the milder rides.

Harry Potter sat on a bench in the shade with his shoes off eating an ice cream cone when he realized that he was being watched. A small girl was looking intently at him.

"Hi there." He said looking around for her parents.

"Hi, Harry Potter," said the little girl; "I have a book about you at home that says you are a hero, can you help me find my daddy? I think he's lost." Her lower lip was beginning to tremble.

"You can't find your Dad?" Harry asked. She shook her head.

"I'm not supposed to talk to strangers but you're in my book." The lip trembled a little more and Harry decided he needed to do something quick before the child started to cry. He slipped his shoes on and held out a hand.

"Well let's ask the ice cream guy there if there is a place for lost parents, ok?"

She nodded and took Harry's hand. They walked over to the vendor and Harry told the man that the little girl was lost. The vendor radioed for security and as they waited Harry bought little Sharli an ice cream. By the time security got to them, Sharli's father had been found. Harry slipped off while she was telling her father that Harry Potter had rescued her.


It was nearly dark when Harry was again recognized. He was in line for a mild ride that all ages seemed to like.

"Mommy, I want my picture taken with Harry Potter," said the little girl in line just in front of Harry.

"Lisa, Harry Potter is a real person he's not here. You can get your picture taken with Mickey Mouse in the morning at breakfast," said the mother.

"No, Mommy, I want one with Harry Potter, now!" The tone was not quite whining.

"Lisa, I told you, this is a pretend place and Harry Potter is a real person, not a Disney character. You remember we talked about real and imaginary before?" the mother sounded tired and frustrated.

"But he's standing right there, Mommy, please Harry can I take a picture with you?" asked the girl pointing and then speaking directly to Harry.

The mother tried to shush the girl and lightly smacked the pointing finger. "Don't point Lisa." Then she turned to Harry, "I'm sorry, I really don't know what gotten into--" She trailed off in shock.

Harry sighed in resignation. Maybe, he thought, I should have been using my glamour.

"Hi, nice to meet you," he said.

"I don't believe it," said the mother.

"Told you," said the child to her mother and then added to Harry, "Do you want to ride with us, Harry?"

"Lisa, he might want to ride with his friends," said the woman.

"That's ok Ma'am, I'm here by myself. I'd like to ride with you if that's all right," said Harry smiling at the little girl.

"I'm Lisa Wilson that's my mommy, she's a witch."

"Lisa!"

Lisa's eyes grew round and she covered her mouth with a hand.

Harry smirked and eyed the crowd around them though no one appeared to be paying attention.

"I don't think that's something that you should have said, is it Lisa?"

"I'm sorry, mommy," said Lisa. Her mother just shook her head.

"Mr. Potter I--" then she broke off not quite knowing what to say.

"It's just Harry, ma'am," said Harry still smiling.

Lisa bounced up and down and latched firmly onto Harry's hand.

"Wait until I tell daddy. Do you have a girl friend, Harry? Daddy says I have to be sixteen to date and that's forever. Will you come and see me then?"

Lisa's mother was slowly turning red at the steady stream of words from the little girl. Harry just laughed and tried to answer what he could.

Sometime later when the 'wild ride' was over Harry allowed his picture to be taken with Lisa.

Then he joked, "If you're going to sell this picture please wait till I'm out of the area."

Ann Wilson replied, "I wouldn't do that. The tabloids are horrid and you're too nice a boy," then she blushed, "er, young man."

Harry waved it off, "Actually, you've been awfully nice to me but I think it could be dangerous for Lisa to be in a public photo with me. Take another with just me, wait a few days and see if it'll sell."

Harry moved to the sign for the ride they had just ridden and smiled brightly, with Mr. Toad looking over his shoulder.

He said his good byes and by midnight had left Florida, wearing his glamour.

Several days later Harry Potter smiled brightly from the front page of the Daily Prophet and Lisa Wilson had a brand new book The Hogwarts Adventures of Harry Potter and a small addition to her future education fund.

Revised 12/16/06
Sign up to rate and review this story