Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Leave Lovers Dead in Ditches

MakeDamnSure

by romanceisdead11 3 reviews

the secrets out

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2007-01-21 - Updated: 2007-01-21 - 1223 words

1Moving
Leave Lovers Dead in Ditches
Romanceisdead11
Chapter Twenty-nine:
MakeDamnSure
"A long night spent with your most obvious weakness you start shaking at the thought."

I woke up to sun hitting my face, and a hand curled around mine. I opened my eyes to see Pete with his head on the bed, and his callused hand holding mind. I moved my hand from his, and brought it to his head, and I started to massage his cranium. I moaned in happiness, and then lifted his head. "How do you feel?" he asked.
"I'm okay. I think," I said. "What did the doctors say?"
His look became startled, and anxious, "Sweetheart, you're sick."
"I know," I responded.
He shook his head, "No, not that type of sick. Love, you have leukemia."
"I know," I said. "I've known since I was seventeen."
If it was possible even more surprise came over his face, "What?"
"I've known. I didn't tell anybody because I didn't want anybody to be weird around me. I mean do you want somebody asking you if you're okay twenty times a day?" I asked.
He looked sad, "No I guess not, but you still should have told me."
A dark and epic silence came over us like a storm. The thunder of the quietness was heavy and humid. He then kissed my hand, and came to lay with me in my hospital bed. He touched his forehead to mine.
"How long do I have?" I asked whispering.
He looked at me, "One month, they say it might be less then that if you don't take treatment." I nodded in response. "Natalie, are you scared?"
I looked Pete in his eyes. They were emerald changing to bronze. I saw fear, anger, hope maybe. "I'm scared of not living, not existing, of not being around. I'm scared of being in eternal darkness, scared of my soul wandering around this earth filled with tedium."
"That's can't possibly happen. You're an angel," he said quietly.
I felt tears well up in my eyes, "I'm scared of not being held like this with you, scared of not feeling your touch, or your kiss, or you breath upon my shoulder at night. I'm afraid of not seeing your face everyday. Pete, I'm going to miss you."
I saw him begin to cry too. I started to wipe away his tears as he rid me of mine. "Natalie, sing for me one more time," Pete pleads with me.
I nod.

Hey there pretty girl
Why does your face
Grimace at those
Three little words?
And every word is
A bullet through my heart
And here we go she's just
A nameless grace again
Chorus
I'm dying to be
What I was before you
I was trusting
And beautiful
No I'm angry and
Unforgiving
I'm sorry to say
This was all your fault.
End of Chorus
Smile because life will
Always screw you over
And I wish it was raining
Because I hate every
Beautiful day
Falling apart and
Tearing at the seams
I'm dying to this tune
Chorus
I'm dying to be
What I was before you
I was trusting
And beautiful
No I'm angry and
Unforgiving
I'm sorry to say
This was all your fault.
End of Chorus
(Spoken)
Don't let a guys build you up with words because the higher you are the harder you fall, and trust me you always fall
The truth is
I could use a hero
Right about now
But it's a little too late
Chorus
I'm dying to be
What I was before you
I was trusting
And beautiful
No I'm angry and
Unforgiving
I'm sorry to say
This was all your fault.
I'm dying to be
What I was before you
I was trusting
And beautiful
No I'm angry and
Unforgiving
I'm sorry to say
This was all your fault.
End of Chorus

"You always knew I loved that song," he said as we collapsed into silence again.
I broke it, "Pete promise me you'll move on. You won't fall into a depression, and take pills again. Promise me you'll raise our daughter, and you'll make more albums. I'll let you make the next one about my death, but then move on. Promise me."
He looked at me, "I never liked promises."
"Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz III promise me right now. I know you can't break a promise," I said angrily, but not in a playful way.
He whispered, "I promise."
"Good. I'll always be with you, you know that right?" I asked. He nodded. "Now I want you to take this, and finish it. Tell about all the funeral arrangements, and then give it to Charlie when she turns fifteen. Please."
He nodded that he understood.

Later that day Eric, Zack, and Brennan all came to visit me. Of course they were angry at me because I didn't tell them, but they understood.
"We'll going to miss you," Zack said solemnly.
"I know."
"How will Eurydice Fall carry on?" Eric asked.
A smile spread across my face, "Do like an American Idol show think, but have it be the search for the next Eurydice."
They shook there heads, "That's just ridiculous."
"Maybe, but it might work."


After that Patrick, Joe, and Andy came to see me.
Patrick bent down and kissed me on the cheek, "You be good up there. I heard that you aren't in heaven for good until after a year. If you get on God's nerves he might send you 'you know where.' And I'm sure Satin couldn't put up with you so, just try to fit in."
I laughed, "I'll try." I saw Joe was crying. "Aw, Joe honey come here."
He came, and sat on my bed. "It's going to be boring without you."
I nodded, "Well, you'll have Charlie to entertain you. Pete is going to need all the help he can get. From you guys and everybody else, but especially you guys because you're like brothers to him."
They nodded. "We'll right a ballad for you," Andy added.
"Thank you."

The visit that surprised me the most was my father. He came in and silently sat down on the side of my bed, and took my hand. "Listen Natalie, and I just want you to listen. If I never showed you support, or love I'm sorry. I had this image of what you were going to be. You were going to be a best selling novelist, and you were going to go to college. But you made a career this way, and you were successful, and you persevered. I'm proud of you. I love you, and you did good for yourself even if I can't stand your husband, but I can learn I promise."
I sat there stunned. I started to cry, and I sat up to hug my father.

When TRL got the news they asked me onto the show to make an official announcement. I told them I would oblige, and that I would be there Friday. In two days the whole word, all of my fans, and all of my friends would know that I had leukemia.

A/N: Hey guys. I'm sorry, but I've written stories before that ended fine, and I just needed to get this tragedy off my chest. Can you ever forgive me? Plus there is more.
Sign up to rate and review this story