Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > One More Night & One More Toy

Lovers reunite

by Cucumber 5 reviews

Shit. Of course. My mom was trying to fix this. She loved Daniel, called him the perfect son-in-law. She worshipped the ground he walked on, for fuck's sake.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-01-21 - Updated: 2007-01-22 - 1048 words

2Original
Chapter 2
I wore black for the reminder of the week. I stayed in my bedroom and sulked. Wouldn't you do the same if you're boyfriend of 5 years had cheated on you with a guy? I had been home for 5 days and my mom was getting tired of me just staying in my room like a 'moody teenager'. Okay, so what if I was 25? The inner child was there still.

But the real reason I stayed in my room was Pete. He had been my big brother's best friend since I can remember. And I had been crushing on him since I discovered it was more fun kissing boys then throwing rocks at them, although that was fun too. But he was always out of reach, the popular soccer star and the best friend's pathetic excuse for a sister would never have gone down well. I had always lived in my brother's shadow. I was the cute little girl with the piglets and he had been the strong, gorgeous (hence the name George) boy. We had been dream kids, but he somehow always got more attention then me.

He also had all the friends. Mine were the outcasts, the boy missing a leg, the school whore that no one really liked, the math freak, the fat kid and me. I had been pretty normal. I just felt sorry for them so I made friends with them, the charity cases. My mom hated them and the fact that I had to bring them home all the time. I also brought home animals I had found that were hurt or in a need of a home, but my mom could bare them. They were just thrown into the barn.

I finally got out of my room when I noticed that all the cars were gone from the driveway. Everyone had to be out, so I could do what I wanted. I headed towards the kitchen. I made myself a yummy sandwich and was really looking forward eating it when I heard a cough behind my. I screamed and jumped before turning around.

"Did I scare you?"

"Just a little. I thought everyone where out."

"Your mom wanted someone to stay behind to make sure you wouldn't harm yourself while they were away."

I just nodded. My heart was racing, he looked even better now then back in the day.

"Harm myself?"

He walked towards me.

"Yeah, you never know what these depressed youths might try to do."

He half-smiled; a sad look appeared in his eyes. Desperate to change the subject I asked if he wanted a sandwich and I offered mine to him. The one I had just spent half an hour making.

"No, I'm not hungry. You eat it, I'm going for a walk."

"Okay, I won't do any self-harm while you're away."

"You'd better, your mom would kill me if anything happened to her little girl."

She most likely would.

"So, where did they go anyway?"

He looked uncomfortable all of a sudden.

"Eh. I don't know."

He tried to smile. I shoot him a glare.

"Peter, where are they?"

"They, you're not going to like this. They went to see Daniel."

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

"They did what?"

He made a run for the door.

"They're meeting up with your lover. I'm going for a walk!"

Shit. Of course. My mom was trying to fix this. She loved Daniel, called him the perfect son-in-law. She worshipped the ground he walked on, for fuck's sake. But he was also a lying, cheating gay man. And gay men and straight women don't have relationship with each other. At least not sexual and loving ones.

I ate my sandwich while I thought of ways to strangle my mom and make her understand I didn't want to see that lying whore ever again. Why did my life have to be so complicated? Why didn't things always work out like they did in the movies? I buried my face in my hands. I thought I had found something rare (which I had, but I thought of a different kid of rare) and real when I started going out with Daniel. He had been awesome, everything I had hoped for in a guy. Unfortunately he was gay.

George came running from god knows where and sat down opposite me.

"Stop moping Tara! It's so yesterday."

"Shut up."

"Watch your language little girl."

"Fuck you, George!"

I stood up and headed upstairs.

"Where are you going?"

"Into my bedroom to cry my eyes out!"

"Gawd, your so emo."

"Shut the fuck up."

He appeared below the stairs, a huge grin covering his face.

"Do you know what I found?"

I turned around.

"No, what?"

He held up a book in front of his face. It was pink and fluffy. Oh no...

"George, have you read it?"

He nodded and made a run towards the front door. He had my diary, the one I wrote in all my secrets, including the one that I had a crush on Pete. Although I had been 14 when I wrote it, it still meant something to me. I darted down the stairs; I had to have that book back. Luck was on my side today because the front door flew open and my mom appeared.

"What's going on?"

"George stole my diary!"

"George, give your sister back your diary."

He reluctantly handed it over. He stuck his tongue out to me when mom had her back turned.

"Where'd you go mom?"

She smiled as she removed her coat.

"I and your dad had few errands to run. He'll be back any minute."

I just nodded. She hadn't implied anything, but I still felt like she had done something.

"Mom, what did you two do?"

She just shrugged and walked towards the kitchen. There was a knock on the door. Oh no, she didn't. I opened the door and met a bouquet of red roses.

"Babe, I'm so sorry. It was just a one off thing that will never ha-"

I slammed the door on his face and walked to the kitchen.

"Mom, what the fuck did you two do?"

"Honey, don't be mad. You two were the perfect couple!"

I couldn't believe this. Was my life a fucking soap opera?
Sign up to rate and review this story