Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I'm Still On My Own

Golden

by moocow 11 reviews

For those of you who have already downloaded the new CD [and if this is new news to you, it got leaked] you'll understand the lyric referance towards the end. [but all of you will get the dan...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2007-01-22 - Updated: 2007-01-22 - 1836 words

2Moving
It was all smiles from that day on, everybody busy spreading the news down the grapevine. It was nice to see the whole 'family' seemingly back together again. I shook my head as Izzy stepped out from the dressing room in a rather over the top wedding dress. Izzy sighed and went straight back in.

"This is getting tiring," Joe mumbled from next to me. I turned my head towards him.

"You're the one who wanted to come," Joe smiled.

"True," he paused. "But that's because I have great color coordination," I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Then shouldn't you be helping Mrs. Stump with the wedding decorations?" Joe shook his head.

"It only comes with clothes," I laughed and Izzy stepped out in her regular clothes.

I frowned.

"What's the matter babe?" I asked. Izzy sighed, her bottom lip poking out.

"This is hopeless," she sighed. "The wedding is in three weeks and I don't even have a dress," I laughed nervously before shaking my head.

"Well I don't either!" I mentioned. Izzy frowned now.

"But I'm the /bride/!" Joe rolled his eyes and wrapped an arm around her shoulder, leading her towards the door.

"There are other stores, Iz," I followed for a moment, finding Izzy slowing down.

"Oh my lord," she breathed. I looked at her profile.

"What?" Joe and I seemed to ask at the same time. Izzy then began to sob.

"I don't have enough brides' maids!" she shouted. Joe jumped and I opened my mouth to say something, but couldn't find the words.

"Izzy, how many do you need?" Joe asked. I pouted.

"This makes me feel bad, I hope you know," Izzy sighed.

"Well, Joe, Andy and Pete are all Patrick's best men, but...I only have one maid!" I closed my eyes tightly.

"Damn it," I cursed. Izzy leaned against the brick wall of the buildings. My phone rang out and I jumped before fishing for it.

"Ryan!" I greeted and heard his laugh as Joe observed Izzy nervously.

"Evie, I miss you," I sighed at his whine and looked down at my shoes.

"Yeah," I breathed.

The phone rustled a bit.

"You've been gone for like, two weeks," he paused. "When are you coming home?" I gulped.

"Well," I started. Izzy seemed to give a reassuring smile. "Izzy and Patrick are tying the knot," I paused. "And I have to watch baby Alex while they are on their honeymoon," Ryan laughed at this.

"Really now," I rolled my eyes.

"I won't be back for a while," I sighed. Ryan whimpered.

"You know, you could be nice and invite us," Izzy must have heard that from my phone due to the fact she was now rapidly trying to grasp it from my fingers.

"Listen, I'll call you back later, alright?" Ryan was about to protest when I hung up on him and shoved the piece of technology back into my purse. Izzy pouted slightly and Joe laughed.

"Evie," she whined. I laughed and shook my head.

"I'm thinking maybe Jenn can be another brides' maid, right?" I asked. Izzy shrugged.

"I guess so,"

----------

It cut close, finding a dress and actually fitting in it. I don't know where all this weight came from, but it made me feel like crap. I held the fabric between hands as I sat on the edge of the bed, breathing out an irritated sigh every few seconds.

"God damnit," I threw the red dress across the room, standing up to walk towards the mirror.

Skewing my mouth to one side, I observed my hourglass figure was no more and shed the fitted t-shirt I wore to find love-handles I wasn't too proud of. It was foolish of me to start tearing, but nobody was around, my wrist brushed against the corner of my left eye as I kicked my pants to the side as well, continuing to pinch at my sides.

"Ev?" I jumped slightly and turned around to find a curious looking Pete, hand holding the door knob as he closed it behind him.

I shifted uncomfortably before reaching for an over sized t-shirt and pulling it on. Pete placed his stuff down, his phone landing on the right side pillow of the bed. I sat down on the edge and held my upper arms, still not satisfied with looking the way I did in that dress.

"What's the matter?" he asked.

I hummed and shook my head, wiping at the smears around my eyes. The bed indented behind me and I slightly relaxed as his arms wrapped around my waist, head resting on my shoulder.

"I think I've gotten a bit fat over the months," I mumbled, tightening the t-shirt around my body. Pete pulled away to glance down and shook his head.

"You're not fat, Ev," he paused as my head turned, frowning.

"I don't think I can fit in the bride maid dress," I whispered. Pete's expression fell before his hands squeezed my hips and I squirmed out of them.

"It's not that bad Ev," he muttered. I rolled my eyes and slouched over.

"Yes it is," I blubbered. Pete rubbed his hand against my side.

"I'm sorry you feel like this," I slouched even more and rested my chin in my hands, my elbows resting on my knees.

"Do you think I can loose 25 pounds in 4 days?" I asked. Pete widened his eyes.

"Um, not really," I fell back on the bed and let my legs fall over the edge. He looked back at me as I picked up a strand of curly hair.

"You know," he started. I raised an eyebrow.

"What?" I asked. Pete smirked and scooted back, bringing a hand up to brush against my cheek.

"You look a lot different than last time I saw you," I raised an eyebrow.

"What?" I paused to laugh. "An hour ago?" Pete shook his head.

"It's been a good year since we actually saw each other like we should be," I nodded.

"When I was healthy," I mumbled. Pete frowned.

"When we were healthy," I eyed him.

"But we are now," Pete shifted slightly.

"If you think so," I sighed and closed my eyes.

"Best friends," I reminded him. His hand left my face.

"Yeah," there was a long pause and the bed shifted as he stood up. "Best friends,"

----------

In the back of my mind I wanted to cry for two reasons. Two of my greatest friends had just gotten married and little baby Alex wouldn't stop following me around the wedding party table.

Apparently she liked the shiny buckle on my high heels. The only reason I wanted to cry was because old friends thought she was mine, which automatically made me whip my head around until I found Pete, resulting in thinking of our previous engagement.

It gave me chills.

"Eee," And that's the nickname I got from a 8 month old baby, her bright blue eyes staring up at me from the polished floor. I squatted down to her level and smiled.

"Hi baby," I greeted. Izzy came up from behind me.

"I think we are going to start the dance soon," she mumbled.

Alex squirmed slightly before giggling as Patrick came down and scooped her up, tickling her sides as she rested on his hip. I stood up again and adjusted the red dress, still not satisfied at how it didn't fit in some places.

Izzy gave me a reassuring smile before the two walked down the four steps to the dance floor, leaving me sitting behind the food cluttered table next to everybody else's abandoned shoes, purses and empty wine glasses.

All of this reminded me of school dances, except worse. With old flames, babies and elders wanting to watch your every move. Izzy and Patrick started the slow dance out in the middle of the now dim dance floor, Alex smooshed right between them, her head resting on Patrick's shoulder.

I tried not to look so pathetic but I'm sure it didn't work.

Jenn and Ryan took to the floor next, which was completely out of order with the whole wedding party rule, but, nobody seemed to care. They were followed by Joe and one of Jenn's friends who they had whisked away for the sake of more brides' maids, Ashley.

So maybe even Joe was getting more than me.

Inconceivable.

More 'couples' flocked to the dance floor and I started to feel slightly uncomfortable. Forcing a smile to whoever was watching, I scooted the chair out and walked towards the open doors, leading to the lake side of the church. The air was still chilly from a passing winter, the snow no longer visible.

"Time after time," I mumbled with the song. This was also cliché, I mean, for a slow dance. I cranked my head up to gaze at the stars, some of them twinkling in the darkness.

"Boo," I flinched slightly before looking to my side to find Pete smiling at my expression. I blinked softly and lowered my head to the ground before smiling.

"Hey," I breathed and crossed my arms, kicking at the grass slightly. His hand brushed against my arm and it hooked into my elbow.

"You ok out here?" he paused as I turned to look up at him. "I mean, I thought you were going to be dancing by now," I ignored that comment and started to giggle at his tux and how ridiculous he looked out of his usual attire.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled looking away for a moment.

Pete caught on for a brief second before moving his hand up to my cheek, bringing my face back. No matter how long we stayed apart 'in the sense' he didn't like, he always seemed to have that glimmer in his eyes. I used to wonder what kept him from taking a chance.

But sometimes, we take chances.

Other times, we take pills.

I shivered and he smiled.

"Don't hop on a plane for this but," I gulped. "You look really beautiful,"

Cue another shiver.

I don't think I was cold anymore.

Was this really what best friends were all about?

I think not.

Pete laced his right hand with my left before bringing it up and snaking an arm around my waist, his fingers spreading to hold the small of my back. I don't think it was awkward on his end of this. I lowered my head to his chest and stayed there, our bodies slightly swaying to the slow beat of the song that echoed from inside.

"You think no matter how old we get we'll always be able to slow dance under the stars avoiding any kind of awkward conversation that's on both of our minds?" I closed my eyes and moved my feet accordingly to his.

"No way," I whispered. I pulled my head away to see a slight glimmer of disappointment in his eyes. I smiled and leaned up to kiss his cheek. "One night can change it all,"
Sign up to rate and review this story