Categories > Theatre > Wicked > The Gift

The Gift

by WickedMadness 0 reviews

Fiyeraba...A Winter Love Affair during their time at Shiz. Won't be many chapters. Book & Musical Verse. Please R&R

Category: Wicked - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Elphaba, Fiyero - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2007-01-23 - Updated: 2007-01-24 - 1057 words

0Unrated
A/n: Yes another Wicked fic by yours truly...I know you're so excited.

This story was inspired by the song...The Gift.

How I'm doing this is: I'm going to type the lyrics...then the story after and you'll see how it relates. I'm not going to write the story with lyrics in between b/c I think it takes too much away from what is being said in the lines, and rather distracting, although some authors can pull it off...I can't.

Also this can be quite shorter (in how many chapters I will create but the chapters will be longer length wise) than my other fics, just because it's a winter affair story sort of thing.

Totally and completely Fiyeraba...characters are musical verse while the plot is book verse.

Confusing, I know...sorry.

I wrote it on a whim.

Please R&R...enjoy :)


Chapter One: Winter Solstice

Winter snow is falling down
Children laughing all around
Lights are turning on
Like a fairy tale come true
Sitting by the fire we made
You're the answer when I prayed
I would find someone
And baby I found you


Chorus:
All I want is to hold you forever
All I need is you more every day
You saved my heart
From being broken apart
You gave your love away
And I'm thankful every day
For the gift


Watching as you softly sleep
What I'd give if I could keep
Just this moment
If only time stood still
But the colors fade away
And the years will make us grey
But baby in my eyes
You'll still be beautiful


Chorus:
All I want is to hold you forever
All I need is you more every day
You saved my heart
From being broken apart
You gave your love away
I can't find the words to say
That I'm thankful everyday
For the gift


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The snow was starting to fall, like magic fairy dust being sprinkled from the clouds.

Each beautiful flake softly floated to the ground where it laid peacefully, complementing nature in all its wintry glory.

It was the first snow of the season, and the students of Shiz University happened to have a Winter Solstice dance that very same night.

Warm conversations and laughing could be heard from within the festivities hall.

All but one person had gone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elphaba watched the couples and groups of friends dance in the streets, as they frolicked their way to the dance.

She couldn't imagine being that happy...ever.

Sometimes she just didn't get people and their wicked ways.

Something inside her had hoped that possibly she would be accepted enough to go, but that was too far fetched for even her to believe.

Her giddy roommate, Glinda, was humming some sort of happy tune as she pampered herself for the dance.

Elphaba looked at her through the corner of her eye, as to not be discovered.

Glinda started to dance to her own rhythm as she picked out her outfit for the evening.

Elphaba turned her attention back to the window.

Something magical had appeared outside, and she didn't mean the snow.

A boy, with dancing blue diamonds on his skin, seemed to mesmerize the beautifully tragic girl.

A few minutes later Glinda noticed her roommate in a trance and slightly drooling.

"Elphaba, are you alright?"

The green girl turned slightly towards the blonde, almost afraid that if she turned for just a second, the mystery boy would disappear into the snow.

"Yeah, Glinda, I'm peachy."

Glinda laughed to herself at the reply she had received.

"More like a sour, green apple."

She muttered it more to herself, but Elphaba had overheard it. She didn't care all that much, not in this point on time.

All that mattered right now was that boy: who he was, and why she was so entranced by him.

Glinda turned towards Elphaba again and asked some sort of question.

Elphaba ignored her.

She wondered why Glinda even bothered to ask, thinking maybe she was just talking to herself again in the mirror, which she often did.

For why would she want to talk to Elphaba or even ask her for her opinion, like it mattered anyway?

All Glinda wanted to talk about was boys, and clothes, and more boys.

Elphaba liked to have somewhat decent conversations, with people who could actually hold up an interesting subject.

Glinda's voice boomed in Elphaba's ears.

In shock, Elphaba turned to face the red faced girl standing behind her.

Glinda, hunched over with her hands at her hips, glared at her roommate in disgust.

Elphaba, at this sight, wanted to laugh, but thought it best not to.

"Miss Elphaba Thropp, how you could be so rude and ignore me?"

Glinda straightened up and looked at Elphaba questioningly.

"Well you have my attention now."

Elphaba sat up from the window sill after noticing the entrancing boy had gone and walked towards her own cold bed.

"Forget it; I don't know what I was thinking for trying to be nice to you."

"I don't know either."

Elphaba smiled at what she mumbled at herself but Glinda failed to notice and continued on.

"...I try to help you feel apart of this night, even though u continually refuse to go to the party. Really Elphaba, I don't get you at all."

Elphaba grabbed a book from her bedside table, curled up, and opened it up.

"I told you, I'm not into parties, just go and have fun. I guarantee you won't miss me."

Glinda's face softened, feeling sorry for her lonely roommate.

"Well if you get bored, you should come and hang around for a few minutes. Please promise me you won't stay in here, cooped up all night. At least get some air."

"Thanks Glinda, I will."

Elphaba gave the Gilikin girl a smile and went back to her book.

Glinda smiled back, tossed her curls for effect, and left the room.

As soon as the door closed, Elphaba looked back up from her book, and gave a crestfallen sigh.

A/n: Sorry if that chapter totally sucked. It sounded better in my head lol.

But 1st chapters are always hard for me. So hopefully the next one will be better :)

Please review, even if it's saying I suck....which in this case I would agree :-p
Sign up to rate and review this story