Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > The Hidden Evil Design

Chapter 6: Demon Deja vu

by KazeYoukai667 0 reviews

Inuyasha and his friends have eluded Naraku's grip time and time again... but this time, the tides may turn on our group... in the form of a strange game... what is it? What exactly is that demon ...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Inuyasha, Naraku, Sango - Warnings: [!!] [?] - Published: 2007-01-24 - Updated: 2007-01-24 - 1914 words

0Unrated
Author Note: I realize that some of you may be confused as hell as to what is going on so far... but as I have told another reader... if I say anything now... it will ruin the whole thing... all of these events that are in the fic right now are building up to a grand climax that will have all of your stunned, I guarantee it! This I can say... when Inuyasha landed in the "strange world", which will be discussed more thoroughly here... he somehow lost most of his memories (including knowing he had a sword, Kagome, Sango etc.) and the only reason he knew about Naraku was because the rage he felt toward the demon was strong enough to prevail through Naraku's spell. I know you are all confused, but bear with me for a while longer... wipes sweat off forehead

Let's begin!

One more note (snickers): From now on, I will no longer be known as ExIYFan12688... as of the next chapter (7) I will be called ChaoticYoukai667... cool huh? (NO?!! Oh you just wait... lol) If you have any questions, concerns, things to rant about, whatever... please do... I love all of that. And also, keep R&Ring!

Now let's begin!


Chapter 6 - Demon Déjà vu

"You..." Inuyasha started, but not seeming to be able to find the right words. He knew who was in front of him, but it was as if his mind were not capable of letting him know.

Vaguely, he remembered, a long time ago (hell, it seemed to him like years ago), he had seen and fought this demon in front of him (was she a demon, though?). If he remembered correctly (which, at the moment, was very hard), this girl had used hair to attack... and holy shit... was it annoying to break through.

"I see you remember me, if not a little..." the girl said, removing a red comb from the pocket of the slightly-revealing clothes she was wearing. She had black hair, tied up with a cute little red bow (I can't believe I just put the word "cute"), the kind that young girls would use to dress dolls and probably put in their own hair, strange yet interesting violet eyes, which he had seen before (and that he could remember, a little distinctly), and she was kind of short, compared to him.

"I am Yura of the Hair... I am very pleased to be reacquainted with you... Inuyasha."

That name sparked something in his head; in fact, both names did. The first one was obviously the girl's, but the second... was his name truly Inuyasha? Suddenly, he had the worst headache in his life...

A boy runs across an ancient bridge over sparkling, tranquil waters under a moonlit sky, chasing a ball thrown by a group of spectators. The boy is young, wears a bright red kimono and has two ears on top of his head, like a dog's. The boy runs over to a woman with long black hair, who is sitting on the other side of the bridge, next to an imperial-looking building. The boy runs into the woman's arms, and she embraces him. He asks her one simple question, but it makes the woman cry, and he does not know why. "Mother... what's a... half-breed?" Silent tears flow down the woman's face, and she cannot answer... but she knew...

Inuyasha lay twitching on the ground, Yura looking placidly down at him, as visions raced through his mind.

It is very late, the boy is running again, but he is not chasing something... something is chasing him. A small group of horrendous-looking demons pursue the boy, who fearfully runs in the opposite direction. One carries a large club, tipped with deadly-looking spikes, dripping and glistening with blackish blood. It calls to the boy in a gritted tone, sounding like an axe scraping across stale wood.

"Come here, little boy!" they call after him. He just keeps running, but no matter how fast or far he runs, the demons always seem to be getting closer to him.

He dodges around a bend, hoping to lose them, and comes upon the edge of a cliff, where he knows he is trapped...

"Aaagh!" Inuyasha screamed, rolling around on the ground, Yura looking just as calmly as ever down upon him.

After a few moments, he stopped writhing and screaming and rose, tottering for a moment on his unstable legs. What the hell was happening? And what was that vision just now?

"I see you are succumbing to the power of this forest," Yura said suddenly, jarring the hanyou from his thoughts and causing him to shoot bolt upright.

"What do you mean? Just who are you? And what am I doing here?" Tears almost began to flow down his face, but he stopped them before they emerged. This was not the time to grieve... wasn't it? He did not know.

"Would you care to tell me what is going on here?" Inuyasha continued, hands balled into fists at his sides; he didn't exactly know why, but he felt like the girl in front of him, looking all innocent with her little red comb, needed to get her face punched in, so hard that it would never look the same way again.

"Why, of course I will!" the girl screamed, totally without warning, causing Inuyasha to flinch and almost topple to the ground once again.

"You don't have to shout, you know!" he yelled back, and she did not flinch, or move at all; it was as if she was not even supposed to be there; and she wasn't, right? Wasn't she supposed to be dead?

"I see you are confused, which is to be expected, I warrant... okay, I will tell you a little... but the rest is up to you, got it?"

Now his head really hurt like hell.


"So it has begun," Naraku spoke from inside the cave; his voice was so soft you could almost hear water dripping in a distant part of the cavern, "my little game."

He waited to hear if Kagura would raise up any comment or complain as she always did, but he was just a little more than surprised to find that she was completely silent. He smiled in satisfaction.

Just a little longer, he thought. His red eyes gleamed.


"Miroku...sama..." a voice said, speaking as softly and quietly as if each and every word was an extreme effort.

The houshi was brought out of a small doze with an abrupt start, as he looked hastily around.

He had been running with Kagome-sama over his back for almost two hours after Inuyasha had sent them away from him while he confronted that funnel cloud, and after all this time, there was no sign of either him or Sango. But he knew, no matter what the hanyou's wishes were, that he and Shippou had to rest for at least a little while.

But now... as he heard the small voice speak, he wondered if he was going crazy or not from lack of rest (he had, in fact, just lain down). He looked over to where he had set Kagome-sama down, at the foot of a large helm.

She was still laying down, in the exact stance she had been in after collapsing from whatever Naraku did to her, and now she weakly turned her head toward the priest, eyes open only slightly, looking glazed over a little, as if she had some form of cataracts.

"Kagome-sama!" Miroku cried, possibly a little louder than was necessary, because Shippou, who had been snoozing next to the girl's body, woke with a start.

"Kagome?" the young fox said, uncertainty veiled in his voice, as if he could not believe Kagome was laying there in front of him. After all, he had been crying his eyes out on her chest for so long previously, it was a wonder he did not start up again after looking at her and seeing her alive and (slightly) well.

"Yes...Shippou-chan...I'm all right, I think...I think...my body rejected the curse Naraku used on me...I think..." Every word she spoke made Miroku flinch, because he could not stand hearing her sound so weak and frail like that; she was usually bursting with energy. At one time other than this, though he would not have recalled (considering he was unconscious, himself), when the group fought the Shichinintai at Mount Hakurei, Mukotsu, one of the members of the mercenary group, had poisoned him, Kagome-sama and Sango, so that they were all out of commission for a long time. It took Shippou, Kirara, Inuyasha and Myouga the flea to save them; if they hadn't been there for them, they would be three members short, now. And although he had not done it directly, Naraku was pretty much the one who had been pulling the strings behind that scene. And they had all fallen into his trap, as always (including the Shichinintai, in this case).

That was also the first time any one of them had seen Inuyasha's tears... tears for knowing that his previously fallen comrades were now going to be all right.

"Kagome-sama... please don't speak... you sound terrible, and it would only do you more harm if you tried to talk in this condition," Miroku said now, soothingly, trying to make her understand; she could be really firm, at times.

She managed a weak, yet grim, smile, as she glanced in his direction again.

"I'm all right, Miroku-sama... I just needed to rest a little while. Where is Inuyasha, and Sango-chan?"

Since the monk could not answer that himself, he knew it would take some time to explain to her what had happened since she lapsed into that near-death state.

So he began.


Meanwhile, far away from the little group in the meadow, Sango was making her way closer and closer to (as of yet) an unknown destination.

We have lots of work to do, Sango-chan, the voice whispered at one point, causing the taijiya to wince slightly, but she was growing more used to it now. Pretty soon, she would not even react to it, but instead follow its every command... because that's what they do.

Very soon, one will die, it said now, jarring Sango from her current thoughts. They had been strange, indeed. There had been a weird girl in one of them, a girl with a bow and a quiver of arrows slung across her back. She had long, black hair, piercing brown eyes and a thin mouth. The voice had made mention to this girl once before.

That person will be the first to go, the voice chuckled, and Sango chuckled, also. As she flew further and further away from her old friends, her eyes began to take on a more familiar and eerie-looking red color...

The first part of the plan was now underway. The rest of the pieces just had to fall into play.

__---__

"And now," Naraku stated softly, but coldly, to the members around the cave, the smile he had earlier now practically lighting up his features, "the fun really begins."


___TBC___

Note: As I said before, as of chapter 7, I will be known as ChaoticYoukai667, so be on the lookout for me! Don't forget to tell me what you think of my story so far! And I know a lot of you are still confused, but just bear with me.
Sign up to rate and review this story