Categories > Original > Fantasy > The Rain

Darkness

by RenoTurk 1 review

Tru's mistake is realised. Fielding gets her man. Please R&R and thank you to all that are reading.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Sci-fi - Published: 2007-01-26 - Updated: 2007-01-26 - 1156 words - Complete

0Unrated
Now I've told you this once before
You can't control me
If you try to take me down you're gonna pay
Now I feel your every nothing that you're doing for me
I'm picking you outa me

Godsmack


The subway under the city was one of many that had been abandoned. Some had never finished construction and others had never been opened even though planned extensions had been made. Tru stepped forwards in the dark and though he could see it was only partially.

Snap.

He looked down nervously and found that rotten wood from the sleeper had finally given way under the first bit of pressure. He proceeded cautiously. The tunnel was vast, cold and uninviting: no more willing to give up it's secrets than it was to give him warmth. He pulled his coat collar up around his neck and fixed his hat firmly to his head once more.

Thump. His heart beat and steps were the only things he could hear. He stepped cautiously forwards wondering where he could be and hoping that Charlie was okay. He hadn't got to see her in time. It played on his mind and as he moved the shadows he created caused a nervous stir in his system. He was angry with himself too as he took the long walk down the forgotten rail track. He was a demon in the eyes of many and here he was afraid of the dark. He trudged onwards, he spotted several rats unused to the interruption of humans around them. Unused to the noise that he created.

Tru came down a tunnel and looked at the crossroads ahead of him. He couldn't hear the rumble of trains moving and had no sense of his direction. He mumbled to himself about why he couldn't phase up as he had phased down but he had not expected to land where he did. His groan echoed around the empty halls. He planted a foot on the crossroads and looked around.

Off in the distance there was a low light and he hoped that it would be the thing to put him on the main tracks. He'd even seen Silent Hill many months ago on a pay-per-view and thought it was pretty reminiscent of that.

"Idiot." He said to himself and his only witnesses, the deeply brown-coated rats.

The walls stated it back in his voice, which just served to make it more frightening. He let out a deep resounding sigh and moved that way. If the walls started to bleed now he would certainly not be surprised by the series of unfortunate events. Suddenly the gun decision came to his mind. He'd always had a dislike of them but here in the dark recesses with just a dripping noise with no identified source and rats near his feet the gun sounded appealing.

The light turned into a larger expanse of area. The station that was long abandoned had been boarded up at one point and the plans for expansion sat on the advertising board. Money wasted, governments criticised. Tru cared little for either of these things as he realised he was stood on a station platform. It was a rare moment of anger for the Hellion to let loose but he did.

"Shit!" He cursed loudly as another set of rats fled the scene. "Shit!" He shouted a little louder. He looked at the ghostly abandoned building and growled his anger out.

Tru suddenly realised that this was even stranger than his first mutterings about the abandoned tunnel. The lights inside were on and the platform was dimly lit where boards had fallen. The lights should not have been there. The lights should not even be connected and as far as he could tell there were no overhead cables. The ghostly station was either powered by itself or something internal that had been added recently and just as curiosity might well kill the cat it could be said it trapped Hellion in too.

Lucy had not expected such a wonderfully easy time of it but her group were sat in the station as she explained the meeting when they saw him walking down the platform. He had delivered himself to her and what a perfect moment for her to look up at. The team she had with her looked at her for action but she motioned for them to stay their hand.

Tru walked over to the building with no concept of what lay inside. The front boards moved aside easily and he stepped in. The light here was provided by cracks from the other rooms. Tru looked around at an old sign holder, rusting away and damp to the touch. He could see the old Victorian style turnstile and stepped around it. There were several crunches as he stepped on broken glass. He mused that there were even discarded beer bottles from squatters who had made it home at some point.

He stepped in to the waiting room and looked around. The light here was even dimmer. The light was not strong enough to penetrate in to this room so fully. He brushed past an old waiting room bench, knocked into an old metal table and then stopped in his tracks. He heard someone move and turned around.

It was just in time to see the four shadowy figures around him scale up the walls and hide in the beams above. Tru looked up but they were too well hidden. He pulled his collar up again, his hands going to his pockets as he closed his eyes and began to concentrate on the shadows. He knew his heart was racing but from the outside his demeanour remained calm

Murmurs on the air caught Tru's attention. A rat scurried over a bottle making what seemed to be a very loud noise as the bottle rattled. Tru resolved to try and find a high point and phase back through the roof if necessary but he had to find one first. The hallway echoed with its protests as he moved along again and towards the door. His tail caught on an old wooden box near the door and he stifled a small whimper of pain. It was like stubbing his toe and he grimaced as he walked through the next set of doors.

He walked straight in to the team waiting for him. Black armoured coats and white shirts peeping through the tops like voyeurs to a crime. He stepped back to the door but he wasn't fast enough as they opened fire. The strange guns unloaded a blue viscous gel over him solidifying around him, restricting his movements.

"There Hellion. You came to me after all." She smiled. "You cannot shift out of the stuff either. It's very restrictive I am afraid. Now where is your little girl?" She said as the men moved forward. "It will be easier if you talk to us."
Sign up to rate and review this story