Categories > Anime/Manga > Saiyuki > Not Gonna Lose You

Panic

by Gemini_Sanzo 0 reviews

It's all Gojyo's fault for the sudden changes in events...Hakkai's needin to g to the hospital.

Category: Saiyuki - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Horror, Humor, Romance - Characters: Cho Hakkai, Genjyo Sanzo, Sha Gojyo, Son Goku - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2007-01-28 - Updated: 2007-01-28 - 2299 words

0Unrated
Gojyo had moved that quickly to catch Hakkai before he could fully hit the floor, he hadn't noticed it. "...or not," He muttered pointedly, a hand placing itself on the healers head...he didn't feel hot or anything...not to him anyway. He looked down at him scanning him over quickly.
"Oi, Hakkai?? Can ya' hear me?"
"It's my stomach. Gojyo...I think...a doctor...would be a good idea..." said Hakkai weakly.
"Sure.... hell after not eating for as long as you've said...maybe your stomachs trying to tell you something by eating you...and of course you realise our ever loving monk is gonna have my ass for this...." He said trying to add a bit of humour to his words. He held the healer to him while grabbing one of the robes to throw around him then grabbed his own slipping it over him, having dried off a little first helped. He turned the door handle, opening the door.
"And guess what... you're not gonna be walking back." He said as he went to lift him -bridal style of course-. "And don't bother telling me off, you ain't got a freakin' choice."
"You are too good to me Gojyo." Hakkai smiled and didn't protest.
"Yeah well," He said, smiling at him a little. "You're gonna have to put up with that for quite a while." When he got back into the room he placed the healer on his own bed not wanting to disturb the little dragon, he needed his rest as well.
"You can stay put." He added in after thought looking to him.
"The doctor Gojyo. Please..." Hakkai said his eyes heavy.
"Shit...yeah, just try get some rest...I'll be back soon." He turned to leave the room shutting the door behind him with some accidental force.
"Damnit...I say that...yet I haven't a fucking clue where to look...." He muttered to himself not bothering to disturb the monk or monkey for help...not that he'd get it.

After a good while, Gojyo fortunately -eventually- found the doctor after asking around the towns people, managing to plead him into coming to check up on Hakkai. When they reached the Inn again he was panting heavily, letting the doctor into the room and attending to the healer. Hakkai was staring at the ceiling in meditation, trying to drown out the pain.
The doctor neared the healer and checked him around the area the red-head had described eventually coming away from the youth. Gojyo looked to him sitting on the edge of the bed.
"Well? What's wrong with him."
"It'd seem your friend has developed a stomach ulcer. I'd suggest you get him to a hospital." He said. Gojyo's face tripped a little, was it that bad?!
"No hospital sir. I've things to take care of here." said Hakkai.
The doctor looked at Gojyo, "What kind of strain has he been under? Anything severe?"
Well didn't Gojyo felt like just dying of guilt now. "Well... I guess he's been really stressed out with things that's been happening...he does pretty much everything without me or the other two helping..." He looked to Hakkai though unable to look at him in the eye. "Shit, don't tell me stress caused it to come on..."
The doctor nodded simply." I'm afraid so, he'll be in a bit of pain until you're able to get him to the hospital."

"Shit..." This time he looked at the brunette in the eye. "Don't gimme any of that 'I'm not going' crap either."
"I'm not...it's nothing that bad." Hakkai said and looked to the doctor. "Give me some medicine and I'll be fine."
The doctor shook his head, "It won't be enough you need to remove the stress if you're to heal." Hakkai sighed inwardly and looked up at the kappa, "That's not going to happen."
Gojyo had to force himself to stay in his spot, he sighed out of feeling extremely guilty. "I promise I'll help out..."
Hakkai broke eye contact as his face showed shame. "That's not the problem."
"It ain't?" Gojyo asked not taking his own eyes off him. "Then....what is it?" He asked his voice turning gentle for a moment. Hakkai's eyes fell to the floor.
"I...I can't say."
Gojy's expression turned to a frown this time, what was stopping him from just saying? He gave up again, not going to push on at him with the doctor here. The man looked between them.
"I'll excuse myself for a moment." He stepped out and left them in silence. Gojyo waited until he heard the door shut over before advancing a little closer to Hakkai.
"Hakkai...tell me."

"I...I love you..." the man said quietly as he stared at his hand.
"Y-You...wha?" The kappa questioned, he had to make sure he heard that right. Hakkai sighed, terrified of the answer, "Don't make me say it again."
Gojyo smiled slightly at the reply, so he had heard that right. "Is...that what was bothering you earlier?"
"for years..." Hakkai said. "It's just...gotten worse is all."
Gojyo blinked at that, "Years?" He sat up a little slight tinge of pink spreading across his cheeks. "Damn," He ran a hand through his hair looking to him slightly, he couldn't help a small smile still tugging at the corners of his mouth.
"You can tell me how disgusting I am now...but please...say something..." Hakkai couldn't look at him. Gojyo shook his head slightly, shifting to him again and placed a hand to his cheek gently.
"How about I tell you differently? You're not disgusting at all, Hakkai." The kappa said quietly. He hated it when the healer spoke of himself like that. Hell, he'd been developing something for Hakkai over a period of time and it only took him recently to realise it, he'd been to afraid of losing him so never said anything to him, though maybe now would be a good time perhaps. Crimson eyes softened a little as he looked up at the healers face, Hakkai looked like he might cry.
"I don't deserve you."
"Hey, don't say that. Of course you do....and before you say anything...I said so." Replied Gojyo, he sounded like he was telling him off for being so negative.
"I..." Hakkai's face relaxed and he fell back onto his bed unconscious.
"Hakkai?!" He said, his voice sounding panicked, he soon reached his hand up to stroke at his hair, after realising he'd just falling unconscious before standing and heading to the door to let the doctor back in. "Hey, uh...sorry... he's passed out on us."
"Do you have any other friends here? We'll need as much help as we can to move him to the hospital." The doctor asked slipping back into the room.
"Y-yeah, just a sec...Hakuryu, up." Gojyo called to the little dragon hoping it'd be enough to stir him awake, meanwhile he headed to Sanzo and Goku's room rapping a fist off the door. "Hey you two get the fuck out here, now." He shouted through the wood.

Sanzo appeared first looking bedraggled. He had clearly slept with his hair wet as it was fuzzy and sticking up at odd angles. He looked as surprised as Sanzo ever did to see gojyo and Jeep at his door. "What the hell do you want?"
Goku appeared next to Sanzo rubbing at his eyes sleepily. "Huh? Breakfast time already...?"
"Ch' Just shut the fuck up and move your asses..." Gojyo bit at them, more than he would have dared to, especially towards the priest knowing there could be a bullet flying in his direction. He turned and walked back over to the other room. Sanzo was curious at this and pushed Goku out ahead of him.
"What..." he stopped as he saw Hakkai. "What did you do?" he asked Gojyo menacingly.
"Ow, hey! Not so rough Sanzo!!" Goku exclaimed as he was pushed quickly padding behind the kappa stopping when he saw Hakkai as well. He looked up at Gojyo when Sanzo asked him the question awaiting an answer from the half-breed.

Gojyo shot Sanzo a glare. "Shut up priest," He couldn't exactly say he did nothing, he felt like the main cause of the ulcer.
"All you need to goddamn know is he has to go to the hospital...and..." He said edging just that little closer to him, bypassing Goku so he could grab at the monks robes. "Whether you fucking like it or not, it means another delay on this stupid trip, got that?"
"G-Gojyo? Calm down will ya'?" Goku asked placing a firm hand over the kappa's not wanting them to get into a fight. He figured that this certainly had to be bad if Gojyo was royally getting pissed off...more than or as bad as Sanzo would...and threatening the priest.
Sanzo searched the red eyes of the kappa for a long tense moment.
"Tch. Whatever." He finally said looking away. Gojyo let the monk go, sighing a little in relief.
"So...we just needa get him to the hospital now right..."
Goku looked up to the blonde monk with confusion written in those bright golden eyes of his. "What's gotten Gojyo so scary looking?"
"It's his fault..." Sanzo said under his breath. He moved to help the others lift Hakkai's dead weight.
"How's it his fault? He wouldn't hurt Hakkai...would he?" Goku said back to him, his eyes turning to the hanyou for a moment.
"I don't know yet, but he's guilty." said the priest also turning violet eyes to look at the kappa suspiciously.
"Do you have a vehicle of some sort?" asked the doctor of Gojyo.
"We do..." Gojyo looked to the dragon, almost pleading with the dragon to turn into the jeep outside to help. Thankfully with his mind occupied he wasn't listening to the other two at all, otherwise ther'd be an outbreak.
Outside?" asked the doctor. Little Hakuryu cooed and rushed outside ahead of them to wait. Gojyo turned his head back to the doctor, nodding.
"Sorry spacing out...Yeah uhm...outside, shall we then?"

"Oh...how can you tell if he's guilty then...if you don't know?" Goku asked raising a brow to him, his voice raised a little to making Gojyo turn his head towards them for a moment.
"It's the way his eyes don't quite meet mine..." Sanzo said fiercely, loud enough for Gojyo to hear. Gojyo growled a little at the priest in return after his ear caught his words, though he done it quietly and proceeded with narrowing his eyes at the monk.
"Ch' the hell do you know..."
"Oh...I don't think he hurt Hakkai...at least...I hope he didn't." Goku cut in, hopefully stopping them from going into another possible fight and looked up at the kappa for a second turning away as quick as he'd looked when Gojyo's irritated fiery red eyes turned upon him...he was scary.

"If it's an ulcer it was probably...all of us..." sanzo admited shortly loading Hakkai gently into the Jeep.
"O-oh..." Goku said gently looking at the healers face, a slight pang of guilt spreading through him. He looked up to Sanzo again questioning him with those innocent golden eyes again.
"Sanzo? What's an ulcer? and who's gonna drive Jeep if Hakkai can't?"
"An ulcer is something you get when you have an annoying monkey yelling for food all the time so you don't get any yourself..."
Wha? really?" Goku asked blinking. Gojyo came up behind the monkey ruffling his hair gently, and of course resulting in the younger youth batting his hand away and cursing at him. The kappa looked at the priest. "Is it that hard for you to fill him in on something ya' stupid monk." He asked grinning a little trying to act his normal self. "You wantin' to take the wheel or will I?"
"Tch..." said Sanzo. "I'm not going."
"Tightass..." The kappa muttered shoving the monk with his shoulder roughly as he walked by him hopping on into the drivers seat. "Do whatever the fuck you want." Gojyo added. "You do that anyway..."
"Sanzo? Why don't you wanna go?" said the monkey ready to hop into the back of the Jeep, but stopped himself to find out. Sanzo lit his cigarette and didn't say anything. Nor did he meet their eyes.
"Well...I'm gonna' go....is that okay, Sanzo?" the monkey asked turning to Gojyo.
"Goku you can stay with the cold hearted asshole, I don't need any of your help." Gojyo muttered, loud enough for the sentence to be heard by the monk.
"But..."
"No buts! Just stay here... I can always send Hakuryu to you if I need to."
"Aa, okay. If you're sure." replied Goku letting go of the Jeep to go back beside Sanzo, watching the kappa start the Jeep and head off to the hospital.
"Sanzo, do you think Gojyo's acting...weird?"
"Not anymore than usual." He looked down at the boy. "Afraid Hakkai's gonna die?"
"He's not gonna die! Is it that serious?!" The boy exclaimed.
"People don't die from ulcers don't e stupid."
"Then why did you ask me if I was afraid that Hakkai was gonna die? Aren't you worried about him Sanzo?"
"Tch..." said Sanzo. He was worried of course but he said nothing. "Let's go inside."
"Okay, ....ummm Sanzo?" Goku said sheepishly looking up to him, a hand covering his stomach. "I'm hungry."
The monk pushed him toward the door. "Let's go."
"Ack! Hey! All right already 'am goin'" Goku whined going back inside the inn. Ah well he guessed getting pushed towards the door was better than being shot at or getting hit with the fan.
Sign up to rate and review this story