Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Makeup

Chapter 1

by horsie890 8 reviews

Ashley is a total prep who has her own opinions about MCR. Will anyone be able to change her mind? [NOTE: It's not really a 'drama' story; there's just no 'general' category, unfortunately.]

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2007-01-23 - Updated: 2007-01-23 - 750 words

0Unrated
Ashley started singing loudly to the song playing in the background, much to the annoyance of the customer she was supposed to be giving change to. She was off key anyway. Half-dancing, she placed the small handful of coins in his hand and paid no attention as he briskly walked out the door. She hardly noticed when a light-haired man approached the counter, until she realized that he was blocking her view of the TV. She tried to see around him, but she was too short to do so.
"Can I help you?" she asked with a lazy sigh. He glanced around the now empty store, and then back at Ashley, who was now doing her makeup.
"So, you like Kelly Clarkson?" he asked, noting the background music. She nodded, still not making eye contact with him.
"She's the best singer in the world. Of course she's my favorite. I've been told I have great taste in music." He resisted the urge to roll his eyes and/or throttle her.
"Do you have a favorite band?" he asked hesitantly. She thought for a moment.
"I don't really have a favorite, but the All-American Rejects are pretty good. And Panic!, and Good Charlotte..." She continued on, oblivious to the fact that the guy standing in front of her was about to throw up. It was the most ridiculous list of people he had ever heard. He finally had to interrupt her.
"What about Green Day, or Pink Floyd, or Queen?" She shook her head.
"Nah, too emo, too weird, and too old, in that order. I like good music."
"You've got to be kidding me," he muttered to himself.
"What?"
"Nothing. What about My Chemical Romance?" She started laughing.
"You've got to be kidding me! I hate them. They're the worst band ever. Their songs are way too emo; I mean, if they really wanted to be popular, they wouldn't have all of their fans slitting their wrists and dying." She grabbed a stack of CDs and walked slowly among the aisles of the record store, unable to place most of them. The man followed her, occasionally pointing out and placing some of the older bands.
"What if I said I could change your mind about MCR?"
"Why are you following me? I have a job to do, remember?" She checked her watch, seeing that she only had another half hour to go, and smiled thankfully.
"You're not going to get it done at this rate...and 'Dark Side of the Moon' does NOT belong in the oldies section." She glanced up at him with an annoyed look on her face.
"Fine, then where DOES it go?" He grabbed it from her and automatically placed it in the correct genre, rearranging a few other misplaced titles along the way. He tried not to laugh at her incompetence, but it was difficult.
"Are you going to answer my question?" he asked after a few more minutes. She sighed.
"Fine, what do you think you could possibly do to make me like My Chemical Romance?"
"Front row tickets and backstage passes sound good?" Ashley temporarily stopped shelving three Green Day CDs in the classic rock section, another mistake he badly wanted to correct.
"I'm listening. How much would this cost?"
"Nothing." Her eyes widened.
"How could you get something like that? I mean, I don't like them, but a lot of people do, so wouldn't tickets like that be nearly impossible to get?" He smirked, tempted to say 'I know something you don't know.'
"I know...the right people." Ashley flipped her high- and low-lighted hair hair over her shoulder.
"I'll consider it. By the way, what's your name?"
"Gerard."
"I'm Ashley," she said with her salesperson smile, holding out one hand. He hesitantly shook it.
"Well, I've got a lot to get done by tomorrow, so hopefully I'll see you there. And if you don't love them by the end of the concert, I will personally come back and apologize to you." He turned and walked away, exiting out the front door with a smirk on his face. Ashley stared after him, feeling that she was missing something, then shrugged and continued placing CDs in the wrong categories. 'That's such a weird name...Gerard...poor guy. He must be pretty unpopular.'
---
Sure. You think that if it makes you feel better, oh preppy character of mine.
Review if you have a long enough attention span.
...I probably just lost half of you.
Sign up to rate and review this story