Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > love.cant.save.you

lipstick promises

by xp0lkad0tx 2 reviews

You look at him with fascination. You look at him with admiration. You know you are just another piece in his puzzle. You know you are a forgotten kiss and unremembered hug. But, his lips still ...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Published: 2007-02-01 - Updated: 2007-02-02 - 350 words

2Ambiance
You look at him with fascination. You look at him with admiration. You know you are just another piece in his puzzle. You know you are a forgotten kiss and unremembered hug. But, his lips still burn your where he left his mark. Your skin is still tingling from where he touched you. If you close your eyes you can almost believe that you were something special. The discarded sheets lay trapped at the foot of the bed. Entwined from last nights events. The lust. The love. The heat. Its nothing you haven't done before. He swears it was the first time had done it. And you. You believe him. The smell of his cologne is still strong and pungent in the air. It invades your nostrils and burns you to very core. But you still sit in the empty room. Alone. Two glasses lay on the night stand, your lipstick smeared on both. Whats a drink between friends? Or lovers? Or... you can't bring yourself to finish the thought. To think that thought would be tempting fate. One love. One night. One mistake. Its all it takes.

Gathering your pants and your top. You slowly pull them on and prepare yourself for the walk of shame. He hands you a crumpled twenty and envelops you in a one armed hug. Its full of nothing. Yet void of everything. Taking the crumped twenty you place your lipstick stained lips to the face on the bill and place it back into his pockets. Save it for a rainy day. You tell him. The walk to the door takes forever. Half expecting him to call you back you turn and look at him. Again. His face is in his hands. A chunk of midnight black hair shot with red falls into his deep amber eyes. You put your hands in your pockets and bid him farewell. He doesn't have the decency to look up. Placing one hand to your lips you blow him a farewell kiss and twist the copper coloured door knob to the left and walk steadily through the door.
Sign up to rate and review this story