Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Lucky For Me

Lucky For Me

by twiinklestar 2 reviews

Neil has always been lucky until the day that he asks out his fellow teammate, Theresa. She rejects him and Neil is left to drown in his sorrows at a bar in the outskirts of town. At the bar he mee...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2007-02-01 - Updated: 2007-02-02 - 974 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Songfic :

Lucky for Me by Aaron Pritchett

I knew it. How could I have not? Theresa would never love me. She loved Jay. Her heart would always belong to our "fearless" leader, Jay. I hate that name now. Jay. The way it sounds the way its spelt. I mean, J-A-Y, who the hell spells it like that? Okay, well everyone but that's not my point. I always loved Theresa, ever since the first day I saw her. I just couldn't show it because I had a reputation to keep. Maybe if I hadn't acted too self-absorbed then she would have gone out with me. I sit here in a bar in the outskirts of town, drinking beers and thinking to myself how much I hate Jay. That was until she walked in.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My jaw hit the floor the day you walked in
all eyes were pointed in your direction
with nothing to lose I asked you to dance
I didn't think that I'd stand a chance but
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She had long flowing golden hair, kind of like Theresa's. Her eyes were like blue oceans, so deep and unclear but beautiful to the very sight. Her petite, curvy figure was accented with her pink miniskirt and her brown strapless tube top. She had long thin legs and she wore brown leather stiletto boots. She had a fair complexion and wore the least bit of make up that it was barely noticeable. She was drop dead gorgeous.

I felt like the world had stopped. I couldn't hear or feel anything and the world seemed to go in slow motion as she flipped her hair. I could hear the faint sound of football and hockey games and wolf whistles coming from all around me. Suddenly, I felt something wet on my lap. I looked down to see beer spilt all over my lap. I quickly used napkins to dry it up. Everybody in the whole bar was staring at her and admiring her beauty. I, myself was one of them.

After about ten minutes it seemed that nobody was going to make move on her so I decided to take my chance. After all, If one girl had just rejected me then I had to be back on the market. I took out my signature six-panel mirror and checked my hair and teeth for spinach. I took a breath mint out of my pocket and I licked my teeth clean with my tongue. Perfect!

I slowly stood from my chair and the bartender wished me good luck. Pshh, like I needed his luck. Hello! Descendant of Narcissus here, as if I wasn't already lucky. Not counting the previous incident. I walked up to her table where she sat giggling with her friends.

"Excuse me miss, may I have this dance," I said politely.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lucky for me you proved me wrong
(proved me wrong)
it was a roll of the dice
it was a shot so long
what started out as no hope in hell
has turned out heavenly
so lucky for me
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She giggled and took my hand. I lead her to the dance floor and everybody stared at me with envy and jealousy.

It took me awhile to process what had just happened. She had said yes! Before you knew it, we were dancing out on the floor and others joined us. She was a pretty good dancer and so was I. I loved the way that her slim body fit perfectly into mine when we grinded and how when I twirled her around, her hair waved around.

What used to be a bad day had turned out to be a good day. It was a long shot asking this girl to dance but I guess today was my lucky day. Yes, luckier then all of the other days.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
just goes to show you cant judge a book by the cover
if I had I'd still be searching for another
I believed I was livin' in a dream
and at any moment someone would wake me up but,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It just goes to show that you don't know until you try. If I hadn't gathered the courage to ask this young lady to dance, I wouldn't be having the time of my life out on the dance floor right now. I couldn't believe that she had said yes. It was like a dream; a fairy tail; a make believe story. I thought that any minute now somebody would come and wake me from this deep sleep that I was in. Any moment now my fun would be ruined and I'd come back to reality. Any moment, the dream would be over. But nobody ever woke me up. It was real. It was reality. We danced till 2:00 in the morning. We were drunk and could barely stand.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lucky for me you proved me wrong
(proved me wrong)
it was a roll of the dice
it was a shot so long
what started out as no hope in hell
has turned out heavenly
so lucky for me

Lucky for me you proved me wrong
(proved me wrong)
it was a roll of the dice
it was a shot so long
what started out as no hope in hell
has turned out heavenly
so lucky for me
yeah

Lucky for me
Lucky for me
Lucky for me
Lucky for me
Lucky for me
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She began to fall but I caught her and picked her up. I stumbled over to the table that her friends were at and wiped the food and drinks away from a small part. I sat her down on the table and kept my hands on her hips. She kept her hands around my neck and she slowly moved forwards. I moved forwards too and soon after, we were making out all morning long.

Brittany McMillan - 2007 - Ficwad.com ©
Sign up to rate and review this story