Categories > Anime/Manga > Weiss Kreuz > Schwarz Kreuz: Spawnverse

Birthdays

by fey_puck 0 reviews

Schwarz. With spawn. Assasinations were the easy part.

Category: Weiss Kreuz - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Schwarz - Published: 2005-08-28 - Updated: 2005-08-29 - 404 words

2Funny
I.

"Shit."

A couple jars were knocked over and oil dripped onto the floor, adding more to the mess that used to be a kitchen.

There was a bamf sound followed by a cloud of white and a long string of curses in German, English, and Japanese.

Brett and Kirito watched, chins propped up on the table, as they did every year when Schuldig insisted that he could cook, despite what the rest of Schwarz and the kids thought.

Brett sighed. At least his other father always remembered to pick up a birthday cake for him.

"God damn fuckin Betty Crocker!"


II.

Crawford hated stores.

He hated waiting in line at stores.

Now, normally he could foresee long lines or empty registers. It ensured minimal time standing under annoying fluorescent lights and listening to horrible elevator music that apparently decided to make a break from its intended home. Yet here he was. Doing something he loathed.

Waiting in an hour-long line for the latest hit video game for the red-haired menace he called his son. Surrounded by hyperactive children and mothers that checked their watches every five minutes.

Things were far easier with Nagi, he thought, and serenely side-stepped a vomiting boy.


III.

Kirito always loved the presents he got for his birthday from his father and uncles. His father would always buy him one of the latest gadgets to hit Japan's stores, guaranteed to entertain him for hours. Crawford tended to give him a card of money, with a slip of paper with hints about things he had Seen. Uncle Farfie gave him lots of sugar.

But he always liked Uncle Schuldig's gift the best.

Nagi twitched. "Schuldig, stop buying him Gackt videos."

"I'm just helping nature's course," Schuldig stated as he ogled the man dancing on screen.

Kirito followed his example.


IV.

Cailin clapped happily as her Da put the cake in front of her, eleven candles burning a tad bit too brightly on pink frosting. Pink because all the girls in school always said that pink was the best color and she insisted on having a pink birthday party. Pink cake, pink candles, pink streamers, pink party hats. And Da had agreed with only a slight cringe, because she has his dark princess.

And everyone else had agreed because her Da had lots of knives.

She blew out her pink candles and looked at her families pained expressions.

Pink hurt them.
Sign up to rate and review this story