Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans

I Wish I Told You

by Hellee 5 reviews

Archie's always loved Atlanta, yet he can't build up the courage to tell her. What if he never got the chance to, and she'd liked him all along?

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Published: 2007-02-03 - Updated: 2007-02-04 - 696 words

2Moving
Okay, so this is for all you A&A lovers, although I warn you it's a little sad. I got an e-mail that inspired me to write this...so hope you like!


As the class lined up in gym, I stared at the girl next to me. She was my best friend. I stared at her, wishing she were mine, but she didn't look at me like that, and I knew it. After class she walked with me down the hallway and stopped at her next class. She smiled at me, the smile I loved. She waved and then disappeared in the room. I continued on. I want to tell her. I want to tell her I wish to be more then friends.

I walk down the stairs, because I hear someone crying. It was her, curled up on the couch and watching the T.V screen. I sit down next to her and she looks at me. She is never one to cry, but looks all the more beautiful. I comfort her. I stared into her soft eyes, wishing she were mine, but she didn't look at me like that, and I knew it. After two hours, an Audrey Hepburn movie, and a tub of ice cream, she decided to go to sleep. She smiled up at me, the smile I loved. I want to tell her. I want to tell her I wish to be more then friends.

The day before prom, she walked to my locker. "My partner is sick," she said. He wasn't going to go, and we promised we'd go together if we both didn't have a date. We would go to the prom, just as best friends. Prom night, after everyone went home, we were walking home. I stared at her, wishing she were mine, but she didn't look at me that way, and I knew it. As we reached the brownstone and walked inside, she said to me, "I had the best time." She smiled at me, the smile I loved. I want to tell her. I want to tell her I wish to be more then friends.

Before I could blink, it was graduation day. I watched as she made her way up the stage to collect her diploma, that beautiful smile on her face. I watched her, wishing she were mine, but she didn't look at me that way, and I knew it. As everyone went to leave, she ran up to me and gave me a hug. She lifted her head from my shoulder and smiled up at me. "You've been my best friend for so long, Arch!" I want to tell her. I want to tell her I wish to be more then friends.

Years later now, I sit in the pews of a church. She is getting married. I watched her say, "I do" and drive off to her new life, married to another man. I wanted her to be mine, but she didn't see me like that, and I knew it. Just as they were about to drive off, she spotted me and ran over. "You came!" she said and hugged me. She smiled at me, and then ran back to the car. She took off, and that was the last I saw of her. I want to tell her. I want to tell her I wish to be more then friends.

The years had flown by, and I looked down into the coffin of the girl who used to be my best friend. She had been killed in an incident involving Cronus...he had finally found her. At the service, they read a diary entry she had wrote during her high school years. This is what it read:

I always stare at him wishing he were mine. But he doesn't look at me like that, and I know it. I want to tell him. I want him to know I wish to be more then best friends. I wish he would tell me he loved me... and I wish I did too...

I cried...and said to myself, "I wish I told you..."

Hope you liked that...very sad R&R
Hellee
Sign up to rate and review this story