Categories > Books > Harry Potter

That ONE Carriage Ride

by fearthebobcatfairy 0 reviews

Oh you know, the typical L/J. Except for it's mine. Lily is forced to ride in the carriage with James and the Marauders. Peter makes the mistake of mentioning turth or dare...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Characters: James, Lily - Published: 2007-02-05 - Updated: 2007-02-05 - 1128 words - Complete

-1Predictable
Lily got off the Hogwarts express for the second to last time. She stepped into the first carriage that said 'Heads.' She looked around and saw Potter, Remus, Black and Pettigrew. She rolled her eyes.

She didn't care much for Pettigrew. It was Black and Potter she hated. They constantly beating up on Slytherins or pulling pranks. Then Peter followed their every word just to be cool. He was sort of annoying. He always drooled when he looked towards the two. But then there was Remus, the only Marauder she liked. He was nice and kind and he didn't show off or gawk.

She tried desperately to get her stuff into the carriage. James reached his hand out and took her bags.

"I was going to do magic, you know," Lily said. She blushed, knowing that she forgot her powers.

"It didn't look like that to me," James said. He smiled as he placed her trunk on the rack above them.

Lily melted. She had never done that before. She looked at James again and noticed that he lost his boyish face. It had turned from cute to handsome in just three months. She smiled when he smiled.

"What're you smiling for?" he asked, taking a seat next to Lily. Lily blushed when he sat down and looked away to hide it.

"Nothing, I'm just glad to be back home," Lily replied. "My sister has been on my case ever since my parents died. She's been blaming me for their death and I can't take it anymore."

"Well that must suck," Sirius said. Lily turned to look at him.

"Exactly what are you doing here?" she asked with an annoyed look.

"Well, I happen to be the Head Boy's best mate. He's given me permission to sit here," Black said with a look of authority.

"Erm, delightful," she replied. She turned to Remus. "How have you been?"

"OK," Remus replied. "Being a werewolf isn't very simple."

"I'd imagine it isn't," Lily replied. The darkness of the carriage couldn't hide his scars. His soft face was damaged from all those nights of transforming into a werewolf.

"Now Lilykins," Potter said cockily as he changed the subject back to him. "How's about you and me going to Hogmeade on the first trip."

"Um, I'd rather not go out with a person who's ego is too big to hide under its wizard cap," Lily replied sharply, staring coldly at him.

James just smiled and Lily melted. She looked over at him. He looked as if he had sobered up over the summer. His messy black hair was longer and less messy, his glasses no longer had the large crack that seemed unfixable, and he had gotten incredibly taller. Let's not forget to mention his incredibly sexy muscles he maintained over the summer.

Thank you God for Quidditch, Lily thought was she surveyed him. Her eyes widened after she realized what she had just thought. Lily Evans, you did NOT just think that!

She looked around hopelessly looking for something to do so no one could see her blushing. Since nothing was available, she pulled a book from her robes and stuck her nose into it.

Lily Evans, I believed you just said that James Potter was fine, Lily thought. The other side of her conscience thought otherwise: I do not! He is a bloody git and you know it Lily!

She turned the page in her book to make it look like she was actually reading.

Actually, he hasn't called me Evans yet and he looks fine in those jeans. Lily scowled at the thought. Repeat after me, conscience: I am NOT falling for James Potter.

-I am NOT NOT falling for James Potter.

-I am NOT falling for James Potter. Lily, it appears that you said too many 'nots.'

-I am NOT NOT falling for James Potter. Lily, it appears that you left out a 'not.'

-Lily, you are impossible! I try very hard to keep you from falling for Potter! And you completely disobey me! Now, please repeat after me: I HATE James Potter.

-I LOVE James Potter.

Lily giggled at what she just thought. The Marauders just looked at her. She looked back at them.

"What?" she asked.

"Well, you were staring at Prongs," Remus said.

"And giggling," Peter said quietly.

"So that must mean you wanna jump on him and kiss the Mojo out of him," Sirius said. Lily shot a cold look at him.

"Since when does Potter have a Mojo?" Lily asked, looking at James.

"Since forever, duh!" Sirius said as if it was a known fact.

"G-G-Guys," Peter said quietly. Everyone turned to look at him. He tightened from the pressure. "I have an idea."

"Go on then, Wormtail," Remus said encouragingly.

"Why don't we play Dare or Extreme Truth!"

Lily shot a very harsh look at Peter and he whimpered. Sirius' face lit up and James hopped around to make a circle.

"I wanna go first!" James exclaimed as if he was a giddy two-year-old.

"BUT I WANNA GO FIRST! I ALWAYS GO FIRST!" Sirius yelled, dampening James' happiness.

"Fine."

"OK, Evans, Extreme Truth or Dare?"

"What's our consequence if we don't do the dare?"

"Us Marauders will come up with something," Sirius said, rubbing his hands together.

"Oh God. I guess I'll pick dare," Lily said. She was afraid of picking Extreme Truth.

"Aye, this is perfect! Make out with Prongs!"

"NO!"

"All right then, you'll receive your consequence tomorrow!"

"Fine," Lily slowly walked over to James. She sat down next to him. Her face slowly went towards his. When their lips touched, Heaven broke open and Voldemort ran through. Several minutes went by and even the might of the carriage stopping could break the two apart.

"AHEM," Sirius yelled. Lily and James split apart abruptly. "Do we need to get you a room?"

"No, just a little privacy so I can talk to James," Lily said. Remus looked up from the book he started to read during James and Lily's kiss. Peter sort of fainted when she said it and Sirius screamed. "Tootles."

The three boys walked out of the carriage and left Lily and James behind.

"What was that for?" James asked, bewildered.

"Well, I sorta like you." Lily replied quietly. "You're acting like it's a bad thing, though."

"I am? Well, I don't mean to! I'm glad you like me, in fact, we should do that kiss again," James said. They leaned in for another kiss. This one was just as good as the first but with more passion. When they broke apart, they were breathing heavily. Their foreheads were resting on each others as they looked into their eyes.

"I love you, Potter."

"I love you too, Evans."
Sign up to rate and review this story