Categories > TV > CSI > New Life

Starting Off

by BandGeek92 0 reviews

A Nick and his new son story. My first, review nicely. NickOc

Category: CSI - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Catherine Willows, David Robbins, Gil Grissom, Greg Sanders, Nick Stokes, Sara Sidle, Warrick Brown - Published: 2007-02-07 - Updated: 2007-02-08 - 439 words

0Unrated
He stepped out of the house with the women yelling still. She was yelling at him. She always yelled at him for lashing out and talking back. He really could care less about them. After all, they weren't his parents, they were just some couple that he got stuck with. This is the hard story of Oliver Decker, an orphan for 2 months. His mother died of cancer, there was a tumor in her brain. His grandparents had died long ago, and his mom was an only child. He didn't know who his father was, his mother had ran away before his father even knew about him. Every time he looked at a father playing catch with his son, Oliver thought about his long lost dad. This is why he had to do something about it. That's why he needed to find his dad. Today. His mother wrote him a letter before she died, but he didn't find it until after he was placed in foster care. Oliver left the house with a backpack with a pocket knife, a map of Las Vegas, a bunch of granola bars, a flashlight, 3 water bottles, a blanket, his watch, his fathers address, and 40 dollars. He lived on the outskirts of Las Vegas, and it would take a few hours for him to walk all the way into the city, much less find the house. Oliver jogged for about 10 minutes and walked through the shrubs, just in case one of his foster parents came after him. When he looked back, nobody was insight, nobody was going to go after him. They didn't care what happened to him. After a couple hours, he looked at his watch, 6:32 p.m. It was already starting to get dark, and he wanted to get there before the temperature dropped. Even if he was tired and hungry, he continued on. He started to walk a little faster, ignoring his bodies feelings. A half hour later, the sky was almost pitch back, and Oliver was cold. He stopped to get the blanket out of his backpack, and put it around his shoulders. A few minutes later, he saw the neighbor hood lights, then he crossed over to the next street and pulled out the address. It was a match! He looked at the house number, and it was only a few houses down. Bingo. At this point, he ran, no matter how much it hurt. He wanted this, more then ever. He wanted to call this man, "dad". He arrived on the front steps and rang the door bell. He waited for a little bit. But there was no answer.
Sign up to rate and review this story